• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Your not getting it are you?
Guess what? And to make it clear, PRICES CHANGE, so that isn't a MSRP, that is the price when that website was published. Same with the reviews.

The only manufacturer I have seen post a price is EVGA, but even they sent out an email a few months back saying they had to put prices up due to manufacturing cost increases.

And you still arent understanding me either. If a manufacturer states this card are priced at $999 - that is a MSRP. If they then 6 months later, say that due to unforseen circumstances that same card is now $1100, thats an updated MSRP, but it's still an MSRP. Although I've not seen any AIB raise prices after launch in previous generations, they generally stay around the initial MSRP and then drop at the end of the products life cycle.

What I'm saying is this time around, we didn't get any initial AIB's announcing a price at all, it seemed to be a free for all. The prices are just going up and up and up. For example - I don't for one minute believe it's costing AIB's $300 - $400 more for a 3080 over the FE price, yet that is what they are being sold at in retailers. I think they are gouging as much as they can. Nobody will convince me otherwise, so I'll leave this discussion because we obviously will never agree, so I'm out.

Soldato
Is this a solid card to pick up?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1bu-gi.html

Getting tired of waiting for FE ones to pop up knowing that I might not even be quick enough when they do.

Will be 1080 resolution currently, perhaps 1440 later.

Absolute waste of money for 1080P.

If moving to 1440P at a later date (I'd reconsider and upgrade to 4K when you're ready, for more of an impact) - then I'd wait a few months for the 3080 12GB cards to launch. 3080 is worth £650 and not a penny more.

Associate
Absolute waste of money for 1080P.

If moving to 1440P at a later date (I'd reconsider and upgrade to 4K when you're ready, for more of an impact) - then I'd wait a few months for the 3080 12GB cards to launch. 3080 is worth £650 and not a penny more.

Well atm beggars can't be choosers, its either magic hour for FE drop for the next couple of years or get something now that will last a few years.

I can only see the prices going up as well.

Associate
Thanks for nothing OC. I can't believe after all these years of shopping with you, that you would do this....

Ordered the gigabyte RTX3080 on the 16th December priced at £1400, only to be told it was out of stock and they had no idea when it would be available again. (it was is stock when i placed my order, but who knows maybe 2 of us ordered it at the same time......maybe. So after talking to OC I cancelled my order. 2 days later it's now back in stock (surprise) but now priced at £1,600.49 . I think i've been had.

Associate
Thanks for nothing OC. I can't believe after all these years of shopping with you, that you would do this....

Ordered the gigabyte RTX3080 on the 16th December priced at £1400, only to be told it was out of stock and they had no idea when it would be available again. (it was is stock when i placed my order, but who knows maybe 2 of us ordered it at the same time......maybe. So after talking to OC I cancelled my order. 2 days later it's now back in stock (surprise) but now priced at £1,600.49 . I think i've been had.

The fe 3090's stay in stock for a while on a drop. You might as well buy that if you were going to pay 1400 for a 3080. Even the 3080 ti are relatively easy to buy, for £1050.

Associate
came back here after more than year. seems like the 3080 is extinct now. just saw on OcUK a 3090 for £2599.99. what is that price haha. that costs more than my entire pc. and its one of the worser variants of 3090's too

Soldato
came back here after more than year. seems like the 3080 is extinct now. just saw on OcUK a 3090 for £2599.99. what is that price haha. that costs more than my entire pc. and its one of the worser variants of 3090's too
That's the mining tax for you with the profits already priced in.

Associate
Guys just a quick one - I found RTX 3080TI on Gumtree for 1400 so i send him a quick message "can i come to pick it up". He replied me back saying : Hi, I order directly from a Nvidia distributor, I don't hold stock. If you would like to place an order, you can do so for collection or delivery. The average lead time is 7-14 days. This can be much less if you order Founders Edition cards etc. Best Regards, Aaron Exec Pr-Consulting [email protected] +442081577495
I'm not a fan of using gumtree website, but doesn't that seem suspicious?
In addition to that, will the GPU market situation improve next year?, anyone knows something,paying 2k for 3080ti is just craaazy.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Guys just a quick one - I found RTX 3080TI on Gumtree for 1400 so i send him a quick message "can i come to pick it up". He replied me back saying : Hi, I order directly from a Nvidia distributor, I don't hold stock. If you would like to place an order, you can do so for collection or delivery. The average lead time is 7-14 days. This can be much less if you order Founders Edition cards etc. Best Regards, Aaron Exec Pr-Consulting [email protected] +442081577495
I'm not a fan of using gumtree website, but doesn't that seem suspicious?
In addition to that, will the GPU market situation improve next year?, anyone knows something,paying 2k for 3080ti is just craaazy.

That sounds rather dodgy :p I wouldn't touch that with a bargepole!

Back
Top Bottom