Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
And this is why the west is doomed.
Until the commies/jihadists/ fotm bad guys are knocking on our doors everyone is content as long as their lifestyle isn't harmed.

I miss a strong American threat. Everyone knew who was the enemy.

Permabanned
A single UK sub could end Russia in a day...not sure what that point is? Assuming you mean a boomer.

Doesn't UK only have one 'doomsday' sub that is actively in the water at a time? Considering the fleet of Russian killer subs, I'd be concerned. Plus even if it launches full payload, a lot of it could be intercepted.

Soldato
Doesn't UK only have one 'doomsday' sub that is actively in the water at a time? Considering the fleet of Russian killer subs, I'd be concerned. Plus even if it launches full payload, a lot of it could be intercepted.

Intercepted by what exactly? Russia has zero capability to intercept a ballistic missile, I'd be interested to know what you think they posses in this field.

How many of these subs are at sea?
How many boomers does Russia have at sea at any one time?
They also have to track french/US boomers as well.

Permabanned
Intercepted by what exactly? Russia has zero capability to intercept a ballistic missile, I'd be interested to know what you think they posses in this field.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-135_anti-ballistic_missile_system

With the rumours of S-400 and S-500 being able to do so as well.

Considering Russia has 71 submarines I assume more than 1 or two are in water. I also assume they keep a very close eye on vaguards as that is literally the only nuclear capable device UK has. Unlike other countries that have the triad

Soldato
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-135_anti-ballistic_missile_system

With the rumours of S-400 and S-500 being able to do so as well.

So assuming the super 95' era interceptors are still tip top, they protect all off ... Moscow.

S-400 has proven to be over rated, I've seen zero actual ballistic intercepts by either, apparently the s-500 can shoot into space, take out hypersonic missiles and ballastic missiles, take out stealth and make a cup of coffee .

Soldato
So assuming the super 95' era interceptors are still tip top, they protect all off ... Moscow.

S-400 has proven to be over rated

So much time and effort into this thing that nobody really knows capabilities of other than the Russian military themselves but they failed at the one main thing, to live up to alchal's expectations. Mighty failure for the ruskies today, condolences.

If only I knew beforehand that alchal is a Field Marshal of the UK military with classified information that surpasses Russian own knowledge I would have never doubted him in the first place.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
S-400 and 500 wise we've mostly only seen export for the S-400 and in-development for the S-500 configurations in actual use (even in the situations where Russia has operated them). S-500 has 2 significant issues in that in its most advanced configuration it is highly dependant on Western sourced electronics (which is a huge problem in an actual war situation) and the network can't deal with saturation attacks comparable to the on paper scaling capability. Versus a Vanguard class going hot it could intercept some but not all which means we shouldn't be deploying them without a good compliment of missiles and warheads (though in some ways that is a moot point if things kick off).

S-400 has some capability against ballistic missiles but is not a hard counter - there is an envelope where a computable solution is possible.

Caporegime
So much time and effort into this thing that nobody really knows capabilities of other than the Russian military themselves but they failed at the one main thing, to live up to alchal's expectations. Mighty failure for the ruskies today, condolences.

If only I knew beforehand that alchal is a Field Marshal of the UK military with classified information that surpasses Russian own knowledge I would have never doubted him in the first place.

I mean it's not usual remember when the patient was the be all and end all of missle defence with dozens of successful interceptions.

And a few decades later it came out the only thing it ever hit was a UK harrier or two

Man of Honour
I mean it's not usual remember when the patient was the be all and end all of missle defence with dozens of successful interceptions.

And a few decades later it came out the only thing it ever hit was a UK harrier or two

Do you mean Patriot and Tornado there? or am I oblivious to an anti-air system?

Soldato

Absolutely, I agree.

It's just with regards to S400 as far as I am aware (and perhaps I missed something big since I don't follow military hardware much) S400 has never been actively used or observed to be used in real life deployment. Hence they were never observed to be effective or not. It is of course a very reasonable view to think that S400 paper stats are exaggerated but the Field Marshal alchal apparently has inside classified russian information that shows that S400 is, and I quote, "over rated". It was that line that sweeping outlandish pointless thing to say rather than nuanced addition to the discussion that for example Rroff later provided, which is far more useful rather than "S400 has proven to be over rated".

Man of Honour
Absolutely, I agree.

It's just with regards to S400 as far as I am aware (and perhaps I missed something big since I don't follow military hardware much) S400 has never been actively used or observed to be used in real life deployment. Hence they were never observed to be effective or not. It is of course a very reasonable view to think that S400 paper stats are exaggerated but the Field Marshal alchal apparently has inside classified russian information that shows that S400 is, and I quote, "over rated". It was that line that sweeping outlandish pointless thing to say rather than nuanced addition to the discussion that for example Rroff later provided, which is far more useful rather than "S400 has proven to be over rated".

China has done a bunch of tests with their S-400s - obviously that isn't the same configuration though as the Russian ones.

I think this is one of the most in-depth looks at them though http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1410288/FULLTEXT01.pdf

Man of Honour
Yes, appears I am out of touch. Cheers for the link, will have a read!

There is very little real information and a lot of speculation. Beyond drills and demonstrations for potential buyers very limited cases of them actually being used. I've been following a couple of people on Twitter who've spent a lot of time deep diving on the technical side of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom