Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This, we would never do half the things other states like Russia,China and Iran do as we have put ourselves on some kind of pedestal with how you should act in a war or in these kind of grey area/Little green men scenarios.
Thats why political oversight of the security services is generally a bad idea except at the highest level. The UK will have to do some heavy lifting again in concert with France and the USA.

Man of Honour
I'd like to think that this will be a wake up call to EU and GB that they can no longer hide behind the US military, it's about time we started to invest instead of constant cutting because apparently this scenario would never ever happen and we will never need armour and heavy artillery because nations in Europe will never be at war again.

And here we are with a potential full on armoured peer on peer war.

Why we demilitarise just boggles the mind. You’d think we would have learnt after every previous war. Better to have the hardware and not need it.

It’s at these times I miss Trump. He was the right level of crazy to deter would be aggressors.

Associate
Why we demilitarise just boggles the mind. You’d think we would have learnt after every previous war. Better to have the hardware and not need it.

It’s at these times I miss Trump. He was the right level of crazy to deter would be aggressors.

Trump? The guy the Kremlin actively helped to get into power via targeted sm campaigns? The guy who was financially tied to Russia, who was sympathetic to them at every turn and whom they allegedly have some sway over (peepee!)? The same Trump who genuinely threatened nato as an institution? That guy? Yeah, nah. Pass.

Associate
"Britain sends 2,000 anti-tank weapons to Ukraine"

Seen this headline on Sky today, they must feel its likely to kick off soon.

So did we send them Javelins and MLAWS
Trump? The guy the Kremlin actively helped to get into power via targeted sm campaigns? The guy who was financially tied to Russia, who was sympathetic to them at every turn and whom they allegedly have some sway over (peepee!)? The same Trump who genuinely threatened nato as an institution? That guy? Yeah, nah. Pass.

You mean this? :cry:@7:49

Soldato
£44 billion a year ish atm.
How much more do you want to spend?
Calculate your tax increase to pay for the extra spending.
Our problem is more how we spend the budget that we already have. Our defence spending, and procurement is hideously inefficient and wasteful.

So did we send them Javelins and MLAWS
NLAW's are confirmed, I've also heard some reports suggesting that some Jav's have been sent. I think its was 8 or 9 C17 loads were sent across at the start of the week. Will take a little while to get that kit to the front and bods trained though.

Soldato

Trump literally killed Russian mercenaries in Syria, the person in charge of those mercenaries has close ties to Putin. This kind of thing normally doesn't happen, US and Russian troops actively avoided firing on each other. Mean while you're still touting CNN fake news about Trump being tied to Russia, something which has never been true and it's mental you're still repeating it as though it's factual https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khasham

Mean while Biden probably doesn't know what day of the week it is and keeps calling Kamala Harris President, he accidentally said yesterday that a small incursion is ok but a big one might have more consequences, like what the actual ****?

Soldato
£44 billion a year ish atm.
How much more do you want to spend?
Calculate your tax increase to pay for the extra spending.

What price can and do you put in security?
It's insurance against bad people.

History has shown every time that when you neglect it, you pay even more eventually.

Associate
Trump literally killed Russian mercenaries in Syria, the person in charge of those mercenaries has close ties to Putin. This kind of thing normally doesn't happen, US and Russian troops actively avoided firing on each other. Mean while you're still touting CNN fake news about Trump being tied to Russia, something which has never been true and it's mental you're still repeating it as though it's factual https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khasham

Mean while Biden probably doesn't know what day of the week it is and keeps calling Kamala Harris President, he accidentally said yesterday that a small incursion is ok but a big one might have more consequences, like what the actual ****?

Wow, picking and then choosing to believe an American attack, in defense of their allies, on an area they were told had no Russian presence was personally sanctioned by Trump and then heralding that as proof he's some kind of hardman when it comes to them is what's mental.

Whether directly or indirectly linked to them, it's almost irrelevant. What is, is that he was definitely the man they wanted in charge of the US. Every intelligence agency came to the same conclusion that he was their guy based on the pro Trump and anti Clinton/Biden campaigns. Why? They knew he'd bring instability and chaos. They were right. America became more fractured than ever. Same reason they had the same campaigns around Brexit. Divided Europe plays exactly to their benefit. I don't blame them for doing it, their looking after their own interests. I blame the people that seem to fall for it.

So to sum up, yeah. I'm glad the man child isn't in charge during events which could easily escalate out of hand.

Soldato
So to sum up, yeah. I'm glad the man child isn't in charge during events which could easily escalate out of hand.

He spent 4 years with Russia, North Korea, Iran and China creating potential events which could have escalated, yet it's only after he leaves that NK starts firing Missiles again, Russia starts looking to expand, Iran (via the Houthi's) starts causing trouble again, China looks at Taiwan.

Rather than automatically spitting "Orange Man Bad" (as no-one cares anymore TBH), instead actually look at how relatively quiet all 4 of America's main threats were during Trump's term vs the 1st year of Biden's. As much as you hate the man, ignoring the positive effects he created with his own foreign policy "instability", with no-one knowing what he'd do, meant that enemies backed off, showing that his method had worked. All those enemies had to do was wait out his term and now it's back to traditional "US Foreign Policy" and now all those enemies are back being aggressive again because they know they'll get away with it now, irrespective of who the President was as long as it wasn't Trump.

Soldato
Biden is a liability and Putin knows he has him where he wants him. What the heck were the americans thinking voting him in?

I suppose it's like taking a bite of a shoot covered sandwich, that has it on both bits of bread, nobody in american won in the last election.

Caporegime
He spent 4 years with Russia, North Korea, Iran and China creating potential events which could have escalated, yet it's only after he leaves that NK starts firing Missiles again, Russia starts looking to expand, Iran (via the Houthi's) starts causing trouble again, China looks at Taiwan.

Rather than automatically spitting "Orange Man Bad" (as no-one cares anymore TBH), instead actually look at how relatively quiet all 4 of America's main threats were during Trump's term vs the 1st year of Biden's. As much as you hate the man, ignoring the positive effects he created with his own foreign policy "instability", with no-one knowing what he'd do, meant that enemies backed off, showing that his method had worked. All those enemies had to do was wait out his term and now it's back to traditional "US Foreign Policy" and now all those enemies are back being aggressive again because they know they'll get away with it now, irrespective of who the President was as long as it wasn't Trump.

Hong Kong says hi.

Soldato
Apart from the appauling loss of life at least war is entertaining, I look forward to seeing footage of them being used, I watched a female ukrainian sniper taking out some ruskies the other day.

2022, what a time to be alive.

Your post reminded me of this:

Why is that we always break up our history by the the wars, not the years of peace? The Hundred Years War, War of 1812, the first three world wars, the Dilgar War, the War of the Shining Star, the Minbari War, the Shadow War. Why the war and not the peace? Because it's exciting, and because on some level people like to see something big fall apart and explode from the inside out. And right now, John, we're that something.

Soldato
Wow, picking and then choosing to believe an American attack, in defense of their allies, on an area they were told had no Russian presence was personally sanctioned by Trump and then heralding that as proof he's some kind of hardman when it comes to them is what's mental.

Whether directly or indirectly linked to them, it's almost irrelevant. What is, is that he was definitely the man they wanted in charge of the US. Every intelligence agency came to the same conclusion that he was their guy based on the pro Trump and anti Clinton/Biden campaigns. Why? They knew he'd bring instability and chaos. They were right. America became more fractured than ever. Same reason they had the same campaigns around Brexit. Divided Europe plays exactly to their benefit. I don't blame them for doing it, their looking after their own interests. I blame the people that seem to fall for it.

America became fractured because of the media printing stories about Trump. Any story about Trump got massive amounts of hits and viewer coverage compared to anything else, people were literally being paid to find negative stories about Trump because of the amount of interest around him. Anything he said would be taken out of context, words would be twisted around, key facts left out, all in the name of getting people riled up on both sides in order for media companies to get ad revenue. It pains me that people are too dumb to see that. Trump did a good job on a lot of things, Biden literally is not the President, he's a nearly 80 year old man who can barely read an autocue, I doubt he does 3 hours work a day.

Soldato
Hong Kong says hi.

Irrespective of how us as individuals feel, Hong Kong's repression is seen as an internal Chinese issue by the Governments of the world, including the US, ever since we handed it back to China in '97. China has been slowly forcing HK away from the "1 country, 2 systems" since '97 and hasn't been prevented from doing so by any US president since due to the aforementioned "internal Chinese Issue" stance.

As impossible as it seems to be for those who can't see Trump as anything other than a new Hitler/Stalin/THE DEVIL and therefore every single thing he ever did is EVIL, some of the things he did didn't end up being "bad" when compared to the current administration :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom