• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Except I'm polish...

giphy.gif

Caporegime
Permabanned
I found a benchmark which included AMD GPUs, it's from Techradar they just put up the article with benchmarks https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/dying-light-2-pc-performance

The benchmark is 4K, max settings and RT on. Nvidia GPUs have DLSS on Quality and AMD GPUs have FSR on Quality.

AMD GPUs have minimum framerate under 10fps and this is with FSR on, it's basically unplayable for AMD owners

I am so glad I am only at 1440P, even at this res with my 3070 settings will be dropped.
Hoping to use RT but am not exactly optimistic about it.

Permabanned
Ooooooooooooof! Single digits!!!!! :p ;) :cry:

I'm not surprised in the slightest, pcgamershardware and another site did say this back when RDNA 2 and ampere released that ampere was considerably better when it came to not just overall RT performance but the way they handle RT especially when RT effects are applied on top of each other i.e. the more complex it becomes, the bigger the hit for RDNA 2.

Given that the consoles are only using 2 RT effects out of the 7 (?) and only hitting 1080P 30fps with them 2, the writing was on the wall what would happen when you throw even more at RDNA 2. Sadly for RDNA 2 users, RT is a must have from the looks of this though, game without any RT looks like a ps 3/4 game :o

Yeah a bit pointless seeing just how much vram is used and not overall perf. as we have seen time and time again, games can and will use all the vram they can if possible with no benefit in performance i.e. see HZD, RE village, godfall.

I think this is sadly another case of spreading themselves too thin holding back overall perf and visuals i.e. optimising for old gen consoles too, the sooner they are dropped the better. That and it kind of looks like this game was originally intended for the old gen consoles (which not a surprise given the time development was started...)

It does look like 8GB is a bit problematic though.....

Anyone remember Fermi vs VLIW?

Reminds me of GTX 480 / 580 vs 5870 / 6970 and tesselation.

Back then though, Nvidia bad, AMD good.
Some moral superiority when GPU's cost less because they suck more in performance, though yes the nuclear reactor Fermi did suck on the electric.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Possibly the second best showcase for RT (second to metro exodus although not far of being better in some areas)

Love how RT on even improves the overall look of the textures. Just goes to prove how much of a difference lighting makes (much like in real life too! :p)

Anyone remember Fermi vs VLIW?

Reminds me of GTX 480 / 580 vs 5870 / 6970 and tesselation.

Back then though, Nvidia bad, AMD good.
Some moral superiority when GPU's cost less because they suck more in performance, though yes the nuclear reactor Fermi did suck on the electric.

Difference is, when they overdid the tessellation for crysis 2 and witcher 3 hairworks, it made literally no difference :p Ray tracing on other hand, you can clearly see the visual benefits it brings, although sadly some class this as being "overdone"....

Permabanned

Possibly the second best showcase for RT (second to metro exodus)

Difference is, when they overdid the tessellation for crysis 2 and witcher 3 hairworks, it made literally no difference :p Ray tracing on other hand, you can clearly see the visual benefits it brings, although sadly some class this as being "overdone"....
Oh for sure... but they blamed Nvidia rather than accepting the truth that the AMD GPU's were trash at tesselation.

Publications have to in order to not fall out of favor with the public.

:D

It can be seen as a power move from Nvidia even though there is no quantifiable evidence of it.
It can be looked at as a publisher being biased.

AMD and Nvidia rivalry is mostly driven by the people who buy the products as emotional attachment drives them to be defensive.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Possibly the second best showcase for RT (second to metro exodus although not far of being better in some areas)
I will be honest I did not find RT or the graphics generally any special with Metro Exodus and played the enhanced edition. I probably won’t lose much sleep if it turns out I can’t even use RT on medium or low for example in this game. Not saying it is not desirable to have it, but also not a huge deal for me for this game in particular, as graphics was not exactly the strong suit of the original either. It was all about gameplay for me.

Permabanned
How does DLSS look as native? :D

I will be honest I did not find RT or the graphics generally any special with Metro Exodus and played the enhanced edition. I probably won’t lose much sleep if it turns out I can’t even use RT on medium or low for example in this game. Not saying it is not desirable to have it, but also not a huge deal for me for this game in particular, as graphics was not exactly the strong suit of the original either. It was all about gameplay for me.

RT in the current form is too expensive and resource consuming. And it can be substituted by classic rasterization lighting effects.

Permabanned
If you have seen the DF video on the game, normal rasterization is light years behind.

But we have a more important aim to chase - 4K ultra HD for everyone.

Not RT for the chosen with large and deep wallets/pockets..

nope, rtgi is a game changer that standard lighting obviously can't match.

Ray-tracing is all nice but we had to wait at least 10 years down the road to expose it to the gamers.

Permabanned
But we have a more important aim to chase - 4K ultra HD for everyone.

Not RT for the chosen with large and deep wallets/pockets..

Ray-tracing is all nice but we had to wait at least 10 years down the road to expose it to the gamers.
Hey there are resolution geeks out there and people who want quality...

If anything the devs here are showing what is possible even with lower resolution.
RT is so good nobody.. I mean nobody is going to be turning it off and will sacrifice resolution if quality is what they are truly after.

10 years?

My 3070 can max it at ultra with DLSS with playable FPS at my native 1440P res.. my standards may have to come down a little bit though from 100+FPS as I play at high refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom