***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Soldato
1.0.5 Patch:

EDIT 08.02.2022

Hello Survivors!
Patch 1.05 for PC is LIVE on Steam and EGS. We’ve added the following fixes. The remaining tweaks are being worked on. Thank you for your patience!

Patch Notes:
- Video presets settings improvements
- Game stability improvements

Soldato
Sorry but my game doe not look like your screenshot with RT off. Is that maxed settings without RT?

People who say RT is not noticeable need LASIK.

Even utterly mundane scenes like this one looks much more realistic with RTGI

RT OFF:

dyinglight2stayhumans4ck4d.png

RT ON.

dyinglight2stayhumans4kjt9.png

I just finished a mission and happened to find this spot :D at 10:36 so I waited to take the screenshot at 11:31 although I couldn't get you exact angle FOV or Res mismatch so I tuck two screenshots to showcase my game don't look like yours without RT. Mine is so much more detailed.

You can use this for side by side with dropdowns I forgot to rename the last two with your RT image vs my iamge without RT
https://imgsli.com/OTQ4MDM/0/1

32462375f4320ec5757ef45aba18d27a0ac67190765b9ef36a48623f599e023ee9b0feb5.jpg

365717233571a31e9ca65b122292a5a66c48a8f46303003c281cd8a81ade63e402b2e423.jpg

Soldato
Yes, only fog is on medium and motion blur is disabled. Find this location and make a screenshot, because I doubt it would look any different on your end. Of course you would also have to match time of day - 11:29

Just done this and I can say for sure my game without RT looks much better than what you showing.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just done this and I can say for sure my game without RT looks much better than what you showing.
What exactly are you looking at? For me my eyes get drawn to the truck and the light and shadows cast inside it. That is where RT is kicking in if I am not wrong. Looking at that, there is not much of a difference between your image and his from that point of view.

I mean the main difference between your image and the one he showed is generally brightness of it. Maybe the one he posted has much higher gamma as your image is darker. Not exactly a pro with image analysis but that's what I am seeing.

Soldato
What exactly are you looking at? For me my eyes get drawn to the truck and the light and shadows cast inside it. That is where RT is kicking in if I am not wrong. Looking at that, there is not much of a difference between your image and his from that point of view.

I mean the main difference between your image and the one he showed is generally brightness of it. Maybe the one he posted has much higher gamma as your image is darker. Not exactly a pro with image analysis but that's what I am seeing.

Really you do not see this? And you be the first to say to @LtMatt to notice the difference between RT on and off.

Lest bein

Sky detail
Shadow detail in and around the truck is missing.
Shadow detail on the walls under the ledges etc missing
The shadows under the steps missing
The shadow under the truck is missing "It is bright"
The contact shadow on the cross is missing
His pictures on the walls look to be floaty and missing contact hardness

I could go on tbh

Its very clear its more than just brightness missing.

Edit

Do not get me wrong I am not saying my image is better then RT to the point of view of the vehicle but the rest of his image is way off. Maybe its just a calibration issue with his monitor but I would defo get that looked at because his images for both look quite poor.

Caporegime
Edit: Looked at the above and I'm not seeing all of those differences you've listed.

It's not even the same angle for starters and there's clearly more light getting through on Paul's which is causing the extra brightness. Might be worth comparing exact settings in game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom