***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Soldato
Oof, what keys do you normally use? I use the numpad and surrounding area and it's proper annoying when games dont have full rebind support. Even have the numpad enter remapped to space in windows (some games still recognise it as numpad enter though) as it is a common offender :p

I have jump bound to the left arrow key (not the numpad one) and it works for some jumps but not all. So you end up using left arrow for some jumps, space for others and this is a pain when you have to shift between both. It's the same with the crouch key not being 100% bound to the keypad enter. One skill you can get is soft landing, you apparently press crouch just before landing to decrease fall damage. Of course it won't work if you rebind crouch.

There are also a number of skills that require the use of keys such as V, Caps Lock and Left Shift. For example run is a skill you need to learn (cus that's like real life) and uses the left Shift key only. Yeah, good luck getting to those easily in a battle or when parkouring. I now have a bunch of unspent "skills" because the ones I can pick are utterly contrived and useless to access or use.

In the end these issues rendered the melee combat boring and contrived, so I just put the difficulty to easy and button smash.

Caporegime
Ok, I think you might need to do a couple of missions before you get to that one so might be a bit longer.
Damn, I recorded this short video for nothing then. :cry:

I have jump bound to the left arrow key (not the numpad one) and it works for some jumps but not all. So you end up using left arrow for some jumps, space for others and this is a pain when you have to shift between both. It's the same with the crouch key not being 100% bound to the keypad enter. One skill you can get is soft landing, you apparently press crouch just before landing to decrease fall damage. Of course it won't work if you rebind crouch.

There are also a number of skills that require the use of keys such as V, Caps Lock and Left Shift. For example run is a skill you need to learn (cus that's like real life) and uses the left Shift key only. Yeah, good luck getting to those easily in a battle or when parkouring. I now have a bunch of unspent "skills" because the ones I can pick are utterly contrived and useless to access or use.

In the end these issues rendered the melee combat boring and contrived, so I just put the difficulty to easy and button smash.
Can confirm I saw the jump bug too with rebinding the key.

Caporegime
Damn, I recorded this short video for nothing then. :cry:
What a waste!

:p

That part was truly terrifying, I just knew what was going to happen at the elevator bit....

In terms of visuals, kind of what I expected, non-RT to be lighter (could almost say over exposed) on the whole. All in all, still a nice improvement over the first game visuals especially the flashlight, first games flashlight looks so blocky in comparison.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have just been doing side quests and question marks as I am enjoying the game and want to get the most of out of it. Nice to level up also and find new gear exploring. Also done all the windmills. Only a couple more side quests left and then I will explore a bit more and resume main quests :D

Caporegime
Patch 1.04 - PATCH NOTES
Hello Survivors!
Patch 1.04 for PC is LIVE on Steam and EGS. We’ve added the following fixes. The remaining tweaks are being worked on. Thank you for your patience!

Patch Notes:
- fixed various game crashing bugs
- fixed AI dead body replication in co-op
- added DLSS improvements
- fixed issue when players couldn't sell valuables to vendor
- fixed artifacts being sometimes visible on some AMD cards
- fixed mouse key binding options (meaning: you should be allowed to rebind your mouse buttons, we are still working on an additional implementation for extra mouse buttons)

Caporegime
Had a play there, don't know if game or/and dlss side of updates but perf. is better (used to average around 75 fps running in the streets, now getting 85+) and overall image looks just that bit more clearer (I'm using dlss balanced)

Soldato
I've just completed the game. It's very good. The ending I got was predictable. I supported the Survivors all the way through and focussed on the brawler gear sets. Going to redo and support the Peacekeepers now - although apparently there is a renegade ending too.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've just completed the game. It's very good. The ending I got was predictable. I supported the Survivors all the way through and focussed on the brawler gear sets. Going to redo and support the Peacekeepers now - although apparently there is a renegade ending too.
Bloody hell, that was quick. Did you do the main quests only or side quests and question marks also? What does your steam counter show for hours played? :)

Caporegime
I have just been doing side quests and question marks as I am enjoying the game and want to get the most of out of it. Nice to level up also and find new gear exploring. Also done all the windmills. Only a couple more side quests left and then I will explore a bit more and resume main quests :D
#fishrager :p
Where is the fish mission? I feel like it deserves its own video.

Soldato
Just finished it myself because I had a free weekend and a day off. Gotta say this was a very mixed bag for me. At times this was a 2/10 game and in others an 8/10 game but never higher. Some ropey low res textures, animations are not great but at times it did look good. So many annoying bugs with the key bindings rendered it broken for left handers. The plot was terrible, truly terrible and none of the main factions were likeable. The combat became stale and boring because of the massive reliance on melee. The UI was convoluted mess and most of the skills were worthless and I had something like 3 unused skill points because nothing did anything remotely useful. By the end I was running past locked chests because they never contained anything of worth.

The worst part for me was the last boss fight, four times you get the guy down to almost zero health only for a cutscene to interupt with some long pointless chat and your enemy says, "you will never beat me" and magically his health is back to 100% and you do it all again. That frustrating part alone dropped 2 points off the final score.

6 out of 10 for me.

I do often wonder how people can score a game 10 out of 10 despite the fact they acknowledge it has bugs, a poor skill tree and horrible UI?

Caporegime
Just finished it myself because I had a free weekend and a day off. Gotta say this was a very mixed bag for me. At times this was a 2/10 game and in others an 8/10 game but never higher. Some ropey low res textures, animations are not great but at times it did look good. So many annoying bugs with the key bindings rendered it broken for left handers. The plot was terrible, truly terrible and none of the main factions were likeable. The combat became stale and boring because of the massive reliance on melee. The UI was convoluted mess and most of the skills were worthless and I had something like 3 unused skill points because nothing did anything remotely useful. By the end I was running past locked chests because they never contained anything of worth.

The worst part for me was the last boss fight, four times you get the guy down to almost zero health only for a cutscene to interupt with some long pointless chat and your enemy says, "you will never beat me" and magically his health is back to 100% and you do it all again. That frustrating part alone dropped 2 points off the final score.

6 out of 10 for me.

I do often wonder how people can score a game 10 out of 10 despite the fact they acknowledge it has bugs, a poor skill tree and horrible UI?
That's a shame. I have to say I am struggling to get into it, not sure if I will make it to the end myself.

Caporegime
I'm at the bit where I need to go to the centre now but finishing up some side missions first, keep at it until that bit as it does pick up around then.

Obviously not completed it yet but so far, it would be about a 7.5/10 for me:

+ great visuals in a very well designed city
+ good sound overall (especially at night) with good music
+ joy to move around the city and from what I have seen, this should improve when you get the mini parachute.....
+ likeable characters imo, obviously a couple who you are meant to hate (although they do redeem themselves when they find out what side you're on)
+ decent story with good dialogue so far (thankfully they keep it short and sweet and not have boring waffling 30 minute conversations like in witcher 3 :p)

- hitbox/animation of your character particularly with the big swinging zombies, defo nowhere near me yet I still get it
- rather repetitive, especially the combat so far, this could change once I get more unlocks (skill tree looks not much different to any other game skill tree??) and ranged weapons though
- the blue missions/chests being pointless and again, rinse and repeat
- controls being very weird on both controller and K+M (in terms of bindings and it's almost like we have more actions required than what we really needed)

Not encountered any bugs on my end except the one howler that was frozen/stuck. UI at first is a bit jarring but once used to it, it's not so bad.

Back
Top Bottom