***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Soldato
Edit: Looked at the above and I'm not seeing all of those differences you've listed.

It's not even the same angle for starters and there's clearly more light getting through on Paul's which is causing the extra brightness. Might be worth comparing exact settings in game.

Like I stated mismatch on FOV and resolution isn't going to get it a true 1 to 1 but my first image is very close.

If you do not see it then I am not sure what I am looking at because on my screen his image looks completely washed out and missing so much detail. It could very well be that his monitor or game settings are just not calibrated very well.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Edit: Looked at the above and I'm not seeing all of those differences you've listed.

It's not even the same angle for starters and there's clearly more light getting through on Paul's which is causing the extra brightness. Might be worth comparing exact settings in game.
Exactly.

Soldato
Definitely looks like some kind of gamma issue or different brightness settings.

Setting wise only he changed motion blur to off and fog to medium all mine is maxed without RT. None of the settings should affect the image in the way that's being shown here.

Next is monitor settings are not captured be software so if its anything its his in-game settings for brightness or Nvidia settings or AMD has better image quality :p :cry: "Joke by the way"

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Shanks image is obviously better, but my point is the improvements that come from one image to another in Paul’s post from RT is from the shadows in the truck so that’s where one should be looking at and comparing no?

Soldato
Shanks image is obviously better, but my point is the improvements that come from one image to another in Paul’s post from RT is from the shadows in the truck so that’s where one should be looking at and comparing no?

Nope, you are missing my original comment to Paul. I told him my game doesn't look that bad when looking at his RT off the image I was sure that I just played 13 hours and was like I am sure my game doesn't look that bad. He then replies and tells me to go and take a screenshot at the same time of day so I did and I wasn't wrong.

It's a known fact I will not get close to the RT quality inside the truck RT can not be matched here but the rest of his image is still affected and all my points still stand here.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nope, you are missing my original comment to Paul. I told him my game doesn't look that bad when looking at his RT off the image I was sure that I just played 13 hours and was like I am sure my game doesn't look that bad. He then replies and tells me to go and take a screenshot at the same time of day so I did and I wasn't wrong.

It's a known fact I will not get close to the RT quality inside the truck RT can not be matched here but the rest of his image is still affected and all my points still stand here.
Ah fair enough. The main issue still is his image has high brightness or maybe one can say white crush. Don’t think anyone’s looks that bad either unless they got gamma wrong. Maybe go up your gamma and see if you can replicate it :)

Caporegime
I just finished a mission and happened to find this spot :D at 10:36 so I waited to take the screenshot at 11:31 although I couldn't get you exact angle FOV or Res mismatch so I tuck two screenshots to showcase my game don't look like yours without RT. Mine is so much more detailed.

You can use this for side by side with dropdowns I forgot to rename the last two with your RT image vs my iamge without RT
https://imgsli.com/OTQ4MDM/0/1

32462375f4320ec5757ef45aba18d27a0ac67190765b9ef36a48623f599e023ee9b0feb5.jpg

365717233571a31e9ca65b122292a5a66c48a8f46303003c281cd8a81ade63e402b2e423.jpg
Well got to be honest Shankly I see what you mean. There's a huge difference in quality between those screenshots and yours look significantly better than his. Something looks really off with Pauls colour tone mapping too, at least I am assuming that's what it is.

@shankly1985 would be helpful if you can fix the file names.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not a RT expert by any means, but only difference that stands out from Paul's RT image to shanks is the sills (with flower box things) have better shadows underneath. The image looks better from shanks post overall and yes it could be something from Paul's setup which makes it look washed out.
Maybe you missed Shanks post, but RT has nothing to do with anything he is saying. He is comparing the non RT ones. If those images are from Paul's PC then there is something wrong with his setup.

@shankly1985 Where on the map is that place? I can go show you how mine looks both with and without RT.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Found the place last night by accident. It is near the main terminal. Tried out the different gamma settings and sure as **** it makes a HUGE difference.

I took two screenshots. On both settings are the exact same which is using DLSS Performance, so I could make it look better if I just turned off DLSS or went DLSS Quality, but wanted to just show what I am seeing. One is the gamma setting I use myself and the other is turning it way up to illustrate how it can have an impact on IQ.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Time of day and angle of picture I found makes a big difference to the image also. This was a quick screen grab I did not spend ages on. But now that I know the place I can take more shots another time if there is demand for it :)

Oh and I noticed Shanks has a different FOV also which would have a small impact on the way it looks.

What do you guys think, from what I can see my image quality looks better personally.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Maybe you missed Shanks post, but RT has nothing to do with anything he is saying. He is comparing the non RT ones. If those images are from Paul's PC then there is something wrong with his setup.

@shankly1985 Where on the map is that place? I can go show you how mine looks both with and without RT.

I get that, I was comparing Paul's RT image with shanks image as per
People who say RT is not noticeable need LASIK.
I can also see the difference between their non RT images.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I heard this game is really buggy.

I will wait for the game to go on sale and for a few patches to be released on it
Well I have played probably 15-20 hours and only come across a couple of bugs which were nothing to write home about. I got it for £25.99 anyway which is kind like a sale price :D

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Well I have played probably 15-20 hours and only come across a couple of bugs which were nothing to write home about. I got it for £25.99 anyway which is kind like a sale price :D

Like I said, its identical to the FC6 thread. People thought it was ok, samey, not as good as previous x version, graphics not much better than previous version.. I had one crash in the few weeks I played it and thought the game was good. I would have been happy to pay under £30 for it too, however got it free with my now almost full SSD, so just like your summation - reflects what I could not understand a minority were slating that game for. Weird behaviour nonetheless! #justmyOrfepinion

:) ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Like I said, its identical to the FC6 thread. People thought it was ok, samey, not as good as previous x version, graphics not much better than previous version.. I had one crash in the few weeks I played it and thought the game was good. I would have been happy to pay under £30 for it too, however got it free with my now almost full SSD, so just like your summation - reflects what I could not understand a minority were slating that game for. Weird behaviour nonetheless! #justmyOrfepinion

:) ;)
As I recall people were slating it because it was as you say very samey, story was a letdown and because of the texture issues and the amount of vram it needed. But not sure what that has to do with my post above? I am asking your thoughts on post 633 :)

Back
Top Bottom