***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Soldato
My biggest gripe with the UI is how the marked objective will be shown on your compass at the top but once you get near, it leaves the compass and gets placed at the entrance of the objective. However if you’re on a roof and the marker is at street level, good luck trying to find that little grey marker below you somewhere :p

Soldato
The skills may be no differnt than most games but most other games would make many of them autmated rather than manual. Most of the issues with the skills is that the key to invoke said skill does not go with the rebind.

So if you rebind run it breaks at least 2 skills. If you rebind crouch or jump then expect the same issue with broken skills.

Also good points on the hit boxes. If you are going to focus on melee combat at least have the decency to get hit boxes and block windows right.

I did manage to get a bow at about the mid point of the game but it just randomly disappeared from my inventory and was not in my stash either. All in all a decent game that with some polish could be mcuh better. My advice is to wait until it is on sale and is patched, especially of you are left handed.

Soldato
My biggest gripe with the UI is how the marked objective will be shown on your compass at the top but once you get near, it leaves the compass and gets placed at the entrance of the objective. However if you’re on a roof and the marker is at street level, good luck trying to find that little grey marker below you somewhere :p

That reminded me that I had a purple UV light icon right in the middle of my HUD for all of the last 3rd of the game. At one point it was telling me the UV light was 2K away. No idea how it got there and no idea how to get rid of it.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So had a session for an hour after the new patch last night and noticed that there were some initial stutters that flattened out which I never saw before in the previous version. I imagine this is due to some changes in the DLSS code or some such although the patch is only 280MB odd. After a bit of running around it was fine however. Frames remain 70+ average with the nominal being around 85. I've actually enabled vsync now (60Hz) and all is smooth. Kinda want to get a 75Hz display but will hold off as am waiting for those OLED ultra wides later in the year that should be around 120Hz and support adaptive sync.

Like the first game I am finding some things tedious though. The night timer, the inability to just kick down a door with brute force to quickly get in is annoying, even if it reduced your stamina to nothing and needed a cooldown for say 10 seconds I'd be cool with that if it meant you could run to safety for a bit and use the UV lamp or other accessory as a distraction during cooldown etc.

The inventory UX is quite tedious too, moving things around, getting the UV lamp where it needs to be so MMB activates it is a side-mission in itself and another thing, there's a lot of repetition inside buildings, like there's always a duffle back to loot in the exact same position behind a stray sofa in a corridor or room, always.

I'm just doing the windmill activations and stuff currently whilst taking on a main mission if it falls along the way.

I'm also getting more annoyed with the lack of shadows with the torch as it adds a nice dynamic at night especially. The first game had it so why does this not??

Soldato
Ooooooo, I have a 3090 Asus Strix OC under water and even more OC'd with a 9900k at 5ghz. At 3840x1600 and all settings max (including ray tracing). Even with DLSS in balanced which is still not preferred, I was getting 60fps average... But the worst part, the mouse, why is it so floaty? It's certainly not direct input and I checked the settings.

I refunded for now, I'll try again in a couple of years with the next generation of GPU's.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
SOmething not right there, at 1600p you should be getting well above 60fps average with DLSS. I get 60fps with DLSS on quality and that's with all RT enabled at 3440x1440 and FOV set to +10. 3840x1600 isn't that much more demanding than my res! Maybe it's the CPU utilisation coming into play? The 3090 is only 2% ahead of a 3080Ti so it's definitely nothing to do with GPU either.

Soldato
So had a session for an hour after the new patch last night and noticed that there were some initial stutters that flattened out which I never saw before in the previous version. I imagine this is due to some changes in the DLSS code or some such although the patch is only 280MB odd.

The stuttering can be a result of the cache rebuilding, which is pretty common on DX12.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah quite possibly then, would make sense since the game was patched minutes earlier. Shame it does it during gameplay and not on game load, I have an NVMe so not like it would take long at the start which would be preferred.

Soldato
SOmething not right there, at 1600p you should be getting well above 60fps average with DLSS. I get 60fps with DLSS on quality and that's with all RT enabled at 3440x1440 and FOV set to +10. 3840x1600 isn't that much more demanding than my res! Maybe it's the CPU utilisation coming into play? The 3090 is only 2% ahead of a 3080Ti so it's definitely nothing to do with GPU either.

I have been thinking of getting 12th gen as the 9900k is a little old by todays standards. It's been a trusty companion for a while!

Caporegime
Only areas I get stutters is when entering/leaving bases like the bazaar, rest of the time, not noticed any stuttering (nor really seen any on the frame latency graph), if there is, perhaps freesync is smoothing them out.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Where is the fish mission? I feel like it deserves its own video.
No idea.

Can shorten this down to fishion, let minnow..
Yawn :)

Back on topic. Surprised so many people completed it and not enjoying the game as I am enjoying personally. It is not no GOAT or anything like that, but a good 8 out of 10 for me so far. But I have only played about a dozen hours so far. Maybe that will change. Should get more time to play over the next few days, but as I am enjoying it I will do every mission the game offers so might take me a few weeks to complete :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm yeah it does seem to be only entering and exiting the bazaar strangely, this is only after the patch! Ah well. Butter smooth everywhere else. I've put vsync back on and it;s a constant 60fps.

Just still annoyed at the lack of shadows cast by the torch.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Back on topic. Surprised so many people completed it and not enjoying the game as I am enjoying personally. It is not no GOAT or anything like that, but a good 8 out of 10 for me so far. But I have only played about a dozen hours so far. Maybe that will change. Should get more time to play over the next few days, but as I am enjoying it I will do every mission the game offers so might take me a few weeks to complete :D

The same pattern occurred on the FC6 thread before it was derailed. Some liked it, some were critical but as long as you got it for a good price it was not a shocker. *shrugs*

Soldato
Bloody hell, that was quick. Did you do the main quests only or side quests and question marks also? What does your steam counter show for hours played? :)

I did a lot of the side quests - certainly until I nearly filled out the parkour and combat trees. I could have done much more it seems but there was honestly no indicator of how far into the game I was until I reached a warning that said 'you are about to start the epilogue' - at which point I just wanted to know how things ended. Steam counter says 47.4 hours and yes I've barely done anything else since it was released. :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
:cry:

I did a lot of the side quests - certainly until I nearly filled out the parkour and combat trees. I could have done much more it seems but there was honestly no indicator of how far into the game I was until I reached a warning that said 'you are about to start the epilogue' - at which point I just wanted to know how things ended. Steam counter says 47.4 hours and yes I've barely done anything else since it was released. :D
Good to know. I will just do all of them as I do not want the game to finish that quick. Not much else out there I am interested in playing so no point rushing through it :)

My steam deck should be here in 3 weeks so hopefully I will enjoy this game until then.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
This was good and I'm finding the more used to it I get the more I kinda like the mechanics (aside from what was mentioned earlier):

Took me a while to find the groove with DL1 as well I recall.

Soldato
:cry:

Good to know. I will just do all of them as I do not want the game to finish that quick. Not much else out there I am interested in playing so no point rushing through it :)

My steam deck should be here in 3 weeks so hopefully I will enjoy this game until then.

I've started a new game and I'll take my time this time. Oh and I hate you. :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've started a new game and I'll take my time this time. Oh and I hate you. :D
:D

You must be really enjoying it to jump in for a new game straight away. I do hope it is like they were saying and choices matter so your next game will be a bit different to your first based on actions you take.

My plan is to wait and play again later this year or next year after I get a 4070/80. I may just wait and see when we will get the dlc and if they are any good.

Still waiting for something new to come to Cyberpunk so I can replay that.

Back
Top Bottom