*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Interesting, thanks for the insight.

For the first time since I've been training I've been getting instant blinding migraines during squats. As squats are the first excercise in my HST programme, it's been affecting my workouts.

I can't explain it, it's really weird. I've been struggling a lot throughout this second cycle of HST. Every session I've felt dizzy. The last 2 sessions I've had this migraine issue.

This is getting so much worse now. These head aches are now disabling. I have a giant veins pounding across my forehead.

I'm on week 4 of HST and at 135KG squats but I think I'm going to have to completely remove it from my workouts. It's affecting me throughout the day

I think I need to get seeing a doctor too.

Man of Honour
Can I borrow yours? :D

The concern is that the waist size is going to have to be so big that I'll have to wear braces to keep them up. These one already liked to ride halfway down my arse when squatting.

Hips felt super loose after my physio session though, the guy is a genius. Oh and also today was my first time doing a proper warmup - physio man gave me a look when I said I'd never done one. Oops.

edit: would have carried on and gone shortless if I really needed to squat, but I shouldn't really be going too heavy as the comps next week. That video would definitely have been uploaded.

Try some cycling shorts, not the lovely skin tight Lycra bad boys but baggy ones designed for mountain biking. They have stretch panels built in so I find them great for the gym plenty of movement without having to be massive.

Soldato
That really is quite odd DS. So no changes in diet at all? I wonder what could be causing it... I hope you figure out what it is, I dunno what I'd do if I had to remove squats from my workout! Could you substitute front squats with a lighter weight in the mean time, maybe that would put less stress on your system but still give you quads a nice workout.

Soldato
Absolutely zero, just been increasing my intake if anything - Weight is still the same.

I've been squatting 3-4 times a week for the past 6 months, I'm going to feel lost :( I would love to front squat but I don't want to strain my clavicle injury. Might have to substitute with some lame ass leg presses in the meantime.

I'm pretty sure it's related to the CNS - Definitely something to do with loads. I got the pain today at the 4 rep. Every rep felt like a lifetime, not sure how I made it!

Edit - Oooo tank's back! WB :)

Soldato
Ah yeah a clavicle injury might limit you somewhat! How frustrating. When I first started front squatting pretty sure I bruised mine pretty badly due to dodgy bar placement. Do you get the same problem with heavy deadlifts? I usually get really lightheaded after a particularly heavy set, passed out a few times from it too.

Soldato
Hes been lifting for the best part of 10 years, although the last 3-4 hes only been maintaining really. I'm catching up with some of his lifts now though as hes never really trained for strength :p

My dad has never lifted a dumbbell in his life so far and is full of rheumatoid arthritis :eek:. He is/was naturally strong when he was younger, he was a prop for his high school rugby team he reckons.

Soldato
Ah yeah a clavicle injury might limit you somewhat! How frustrating. When I first started front squatting pretty sure I bruised mine pretty badly due to dodgy bar placement. Do you get the same problem with heavy deadlifts? I usually get really lightheaded after a particularly heavy set, passed out a few times from it too.
I'm good with front squatting, just haven't done any of it since the injury.

I've never had that problem with deadlifts. I'm doing SL DL's in the HST, it's challenging but I just get a vibrating headache from the squats, so I just try to soldier it out. The problem is the DL itself, it's when I lower my head - The pain hits :confused:

Soldato
Just hopped on my dads pc and found my xray pictures :D Got no 'broken' ones unfortunately...

xrayf.jpg

Funky :p

Soldato
Very impressive! Have you got a particular weight/bf% in mind or are you just going to stop when you think you're done?

I've gotta say, this cutting bug is addictive. I never thought I'd see myself with a calorie deficit but once the fat starts dropping off you it's hard not to see how far you can take it. I think I've lost around 2" off my waist in the last few weeks too. Crazy, considering I didn't even consider myself as carrying much bodyfat before. I guess it just goes to show how much our eyes can deceive us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom