Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Who said i said it was a reskinned bf2? Im saying if the "hardcore" players had their way thats all it would be as they hate change and seem to think they got slighted if their favoured weapon has changed one iota in the new game.

Yeah sorry man I misunderstood what you meant :)

I think with them brining back commo rose it will give us what made BF2 great, but with massive advancements in technology along with new ideas and mechanics.

Caporegime
Yeah sorry man I misunderstood what you meant :)

I think with them brining back commo rose it will give us what made BF2 great, but with massive advancements in technology along with new ideas and mechanics.

Indeed, like frapple said, if i wanna play bf2, i'll play bf2, this is a whole new game that retains some things and improves on others :)

Associate
Looks as tho they are really keeping the bits that matter as well :)

This game is going to rule my life when it comes out, I'm so glad I'm single as I don't think a relationship could stand up to the onslaught that will be BF3!

Soldato
My wife has been prepped and has accepted she'll be looking at the back of my head until at least Christmas when I may be able to join her for dinner.

Soldato
Oh theres a shocker, "hardcore" players afraid to try anything new and would prefer the exact same game with better graphics. Wonder why that would be exactly. Sorry, but if "hardcore" players had their way we would be stuck with games that tried nothing new for fear of the hardcore mob getting smacked off their little pedestal and having to learn new gameplay mechanics. Must be a real shock to the system not playing the same old crap and being on a level playing field with everyone else.

Its nearly 6 years after bf2 launched and some people would be happy with a "new" game but in reality its the old game with a few new skins and new maps, oh yeah sign me up, thats definately worth the wait.

The devs so far are listening for the comm rose being put back in, its not confirmed if 3d spotting has definately been taken out, at least not by dice.

we tried something new it was called bc2 and it was utter ****.

its nothing to do with learning, bc2 showed just how much was missing from what people loved about bf2 and they are understandably putting it all back in - why? because its what made battlefield games since 1942.

All my friends are jumping on this game - these are friends that i used to play bf2 at uni with till 3am , and they haven't gamed on a pc since, and now their actively looking at getting a pc again just so we can all tag up again like old times, they didnt even blink at bc2!

people want the old style back , its been sorely missed - and it seems DICE have really listened to that and implemented as much as they can. Its got nothing to do with being 'HARDCORE' ffs

Last edited:
Soldato
Not having a bad day at all, im just getting increasingly bored with this mentality that people seemingly want sequels to be essentially the same but with better graphics. Yet somehow its ok to bash cod for being essentially the same crap year in year out.

A sequel is meant to improve on everything the original did and do it better, graphics, gameplay, audio, controls. BF2 did vehicle combat well, had good audio and control layout but the infantry combat was waay below par.

Sorry am at work and in a rush, I did mean my other post. This one -

BF2 map size and gameplay with BC2 graphics and a few tweaks.

Interesting to note the developers are listening as well. 3D spotting has been dropped. Commo rose back in. Same as BF2.

Fact is that BF3 is a sequel to BF2. The core elements should remain the same, as they are what made BF2 the game it was.

Of course we need better mechanics and graphics, it is 6 years down the line and that is to be expected.

I stand by my comment and I expect most people would, unless they are new to the series.

Soldato
Gamescon public BF3 gameplay

http://videos.pcgames.de/hdvideo/3936/Battlefield-3-PC-und-iPad-Gameplay-Gamescom-2011

-EA comps not up for the game. Lags and smell of "burnt" hardware (overheat?) - maybe not optimized yet

lol translated quote from that German guy in vid, its got be the GTX 590 in their systems.:D

-People reporting that 64p was lagging here and there and
-people reporting glitches like driving a tank then it flips into the air and player losing control

Last edited:
Soldato
Click on SETTINGS(COG WHEEL) - ORDER HISTORY - CLICK ORDER NUMBER

And now the game has appeared in my library ;)

Email confirmation receipt has also been sent :cool:

It is looking BEAUTIFUL :') (TEARS of JOY!!:D)

The 20% discount also did wonders :p

Shame I can't click on it right now to play!! :( Ohhh the Agony!!:p:D

battlefield3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom