OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
I've been doing Marks Rippetoe Strength Training programme since April about 3 times a week, I feel a lot stronger and my muscle mass has improved quite a lot so I'm really impressed with the work out, only problem is apart from giving me big arms/chest/legs it's not doing anything for my tummy and I wanted to know what the best way to cut so I can see my abs would be? How much cardio should I do and what type of cardio?

Man of Honour
I've been doing Marks Rippetoe Strength Training programme since April about 3 times a week, I feel a lot stronger and my muscle mass has improved quite a lot so I'm really impressed with the work out, only problem is apart from giving me big arms/chest/legs it's not doing anything for my tummy and I wanted to know what the best way to cut so I can see my abs would be? How much cardio should I do and what type of cardio?

Post in here for a start http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18223776&page=285 ;) but I'd start adding in at least 20mins post work out or 40-60mins on a rest day and do whatever you fancy as long as it gets your heart rate up, some people say one activity is better than another but at the end of the day if you enjoy what you're doing there's more chance of you sticking to it.

Caporegime
That attitude will get you no where :p

Hey, I'm a pessimist, and I'm good at it dammit!!!! :p

If I fail it'll be pretty much down to diet, lack of funding

How do you know?

I can't actually see any visual difference at the moment (well, I think I can but the one photo that I took looked no different!) and my weight hasn't changed but I think that is because I've lost a bit of podge and gained a little muscle so it's balancing out.

As above :p Starting to get some definition I think, hopefully with what I'm doing now over the next few months will help chisel me a bit so to speak, but while adding some mass :)

Well, thats the plan...Although I doubt i'll be here much longer so I'll have to find a gym gym :(

Post in here for a start http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18223776&page=285 ;) but I'd start adding in at least 20mins post work out or 40-60mins on a rest day and do whatever you fancy as long as it gets your heart rate up, some people say one activity is better than another but at the end of the day if you enjoy what you're doing there's more chance of you sticking to it.

Think i'm going to go to new years...then wack on some proper cardio, depends how I look then :)

Never had a nice stomach, would be nice

Soldato
You guys may want to try out http://www.massprotein.co.uk/

This is my sisters and her husbands company. They own TwentyfirstCentury Leisure in Longport Stoke-on-Trent (she has worked there for 20 years plus) and have set up this company to try and give better deals on Protein etc.

I use USN Pure Protein IGF-1 and MuscleTech Creakic at the moment and am pleased with them.

Has that gym changed much in the last 5 years? i used to go there and it was in need of a refurb!!! i go D&W now as i get it for half price :)

your sister and her hubby are the ones into cycling yeah?

Last edited:
Associate
Has that gym changed much in the last 5 years? i used to go there and it was in need of a refurb!!! i go D&W now as i get it for half price :)

your sister and her hubby are the ones into cycling yeah?

Yup had new male changing rooms (may have been done last time you were there) new machines in the back gym, really classed as a bodybuilding gym now in the back room big dumbbells, power rack etc, its not in the same market as DW. Most members are 10 to 15 years there cause it just suits there needs.

As for cycling we all did Tri-Athlons for about 5 years or more, Nick still races sprints now and again.

Soldato
Yup had new male changing rooms (may have been done last time you were there) new machines in the back gym, really classed as a bodybuilding gym now in the back room big dumbbells, power rack etc, its not in the same market as DW. Most members are 10 to 15 years there cause it just suits there needs.

As for cycling we all did Tri-Athlons for about 5 years or more, Nick still races sprints now and again.

good good, your sis was always very nice and her hubby, nice people, its very easy get to know people at 21st where as DW no one wants to know :(

kai

kai

Soldato
Well the increase in carbs has done me the world of good; the difference in the space of a short period of time from upping my carbs has seen some good improvement. I am maintaining a high fat macro count with load of almonds and ground almonds sprinkled on food.

posep.jpg

absr.png

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
He isn't really big, he's not carrying a lot of fat which makes you look bigger. Also legs contribute quite a lot to weight, if his legs aren't bulked out then that will keep his weight down.

He has achieved a good lean physique though.

Back
Top Bottom