The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
great round but dam thing eats barrels . Will stick to my .223 ty ;)

Yeah - I know :eek: :rolleyes::rolleyes: I wish I'd gone .223 tbh. Maybe my fao would allow me .243 for deer with AOLQ tacked on (bye bye bunnies and charlies!!)
GL04 and GL05 shows that you can kill over 10 different bird types.

Please explain how GL04 and GL05 allow you to kill 10 types of bird.

Associate
If it's ferals, then GL06 applies too (as long as you meet the conditions ;))

Shooting ones that come on to my land or at shooting place. At shotting place there is simple policy - shoot what moves and is not human. Shoot and kill.

I've seen people take down couple of squirrels and ferals easy. Some even over 20 in one session.

Soldato
I got a scope for £4 from that JSR site linked earlier in the thread. In my private 7m range, accuracy has deffo increased! This Thursday I'm heading to a shooting night, will be nice to shoot a bit further!

Also bought 500 'Wasp' pellets, 4/30ish wouldn't fit in the loady bit, won't be buying them again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ignore greenman, faeces just falls out of his mouth when he writes this stuff down.

Thus, never take what he says as any form of seriousness.

Soldato
I got a scope for £4 from that JSR site linked earlier in the thread. In my private 7m range, accuracy has deffo increased! This Thursday I'm heading to a shooting night, will be nice to shoot a bit further!

Also bought 500 'Wasp' pellets, 4/30ish wouldn't fit in the loady bit, won't be buying them again.

You should have asked about pellets here mate :p. Wasps are awful quality, same with Bulldogs, Marksman and SMK. Steer well clear, it doesn't even cost that much more for decent pellets.

Best bet would be to get a selection pack from ebay to try different brands and see how well they group with your gun. Some guns can be very fussy when it comes to pellets.

I believe RWS superdomes work well with a lot of guns and could be worth a try.

Associate
killing animals for fun, I hope someone puts one of those to your head at point blank range. :mad:

I did not claim anywhere it was for fun. They are over my property and it is legal to eliminate them. Then they are not thrown in the bin but given to my cat or cooked for food.

They are being utilized in perfectly good way.

If i wanted to kill for fun, I'd go to Africa on one of those hunting safaris like that guy from that famous web site, or to Iraq.

Please dont try to twist my messages it is simply not nice. I am so good and that is the real truth.

Soldato
You should have asked about pellets here mate :p. Wasps are awful quality, same with Bulldogs, Marksman and SMK. Steer well clear, it doesn't even cost that much more for decent pellets.

Best bet would be to get a selection pack from ebay to try different brands and see how well they group with your gun. Some guns can be very fussy when it comes to pellets.

Depends which wasps he got, wasp are one of the only makers of a 5.6m pellet.
I wasnt impressed with RWS Superfields never mind Superdomes, keep going back to airarms pellets or crosman domed.

You cant just kill any animal/pest on your property you have to have a valid reason, not just i dont like them.

Permabanned
Air pistols

Having read the air rifle thread and recieved great advise on air rifles I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated air pistol thread.

I'm a big fan of air pistols and the other thread has got me started buying them.

I have recently purchased a Dan Wesson 4inch bb revolver, a Beretta 92fs in black and a Gamo p23.
I love replica pistols and plan on buying many more.
What pistols are you guys using and would recommend? Also what brand of pellets are you using with those 8 shot rotary magazines?

Does anyone have a colt 1911 Anniversary Model, 177 Limited edition? is it worth paying the extra for it? It's this one here....

http://www.drapers-airguns.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=1706

Soldato

I was going to go for RWS but went for the cheapest :D I had bulldog pellets that I got with the rifle and they seemed ok, only 1 was deformed. Although I haven't shot anything outside my garden yet so I can't really rate them high or low!

Soldato
I have a Umarex Beretta 92 copy that uses the 8 shot mags - I use H&N FTTs in it with decent results. It's a nice gun, but the grips are very chunky - much bigger than the real thing.

I also have a Tanfoglio Witness 1911A1 BB gun. It is awesome! It uses .177 steel bbs and it cycles just like a real 1911 ie the slide moves back and forth with each shot, so it's a true semi-automatic action. The magazine comes out and houses the co2 and 19 bbs. It is even field stripable! It does eat co2 bulbs but it is great fun - under £100 too.
DSC01660-1.jpg

DSC01663-2.jpg

I'm half tempted to go on a few airsoft weekends, get registered then buy some of the airsoft guns - they look very realistic too.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all, In the past I've owned a couple of air rifles. HW80 first gun and HW 77 Carbine 2nd gun back when they first came out. Not owned any since then but shot a parker Hale spring a few times over the years..

I've just been given an old? Air rifle -plinker that was destined for the tip. Thought I'd take it and try and restore it. Unfortunately it's in a bit of a state.

Action seems Ok, not fired any pellets through it yet, but intend to if I can get it into a workable condition.

Anyone any idea of what make it may be? and best way of removing a good amount of rust ? Will I be able to Blue it again once cleaned up and lastly would I be better off taking it to an Airgun shop to check they can get internals for it if /when I need them ?

Guntrigger.jpg

Gunstock.jpg

Gunbreach.jpg

Gunbreachopen.jpg

As you can see she's in a bit of a mess but would love to get her back shooting again, even if it only for my nephews plinking in the back garden.. :)

Cheers in advance..

Back
Top Bottom