The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Permabanned
hi

i use to have a webely hurricane back in the day, it was an air pistol and great fun.

What other pistols/rifles have similar or better performance?

Soldato
hi

i use to have a webely hurricane back in the day, it was an air pistol and great fun.

What other pistols/rifles have similar or better performance?

Loads! What are you looking for specifically?

If you want another Webley Hurricane, they are often for sale in good condition second hand for around £150.

Webley have also re released the Webley tempest which is similar. From what I have read it is made from Webley parts but assembled in their new Turkish factory.

http://www.webley.co.uk/products/category/Webley+Tempest/4371.1.4.3.102386.102987.1008652.1008249.0

Associate

That's the item in question - they call it a designator hence why I referred to it as such?

I already have a green 10mW laser that can mounted to a scope and the beam can be adjusted with an allen key to zero in on your target.

I just wondered if the above is actually that good considering they cost the best part of £330!

Reading the description, it's just a torch! Fair enough it is a green laser instead of a normal bulb, but that's all it is.

Soldato
DSC_3311.jpg

As it's pi$$ing it down I set up my backstop inside at 6 meters for a bit of a plinking session with my HW45 pistol and this is what I got after the first 5 shots. I'm well chuffed with it :D. This is the first time I have got a group without a flyer.

Soldato
Can anyone give me a bit of advice?

I've got squirrels in the back garden (not the loft) and they are destroying my lawn so I want rid of them.

Pest control are quoting about £300 for a couple of visits to get rid of them so I was thinking about getting an air rifle and destroying them myself. I used to shoot rabbits and what not as a kid but it's been about 20years so i don't know what's legal and so on.

I'm hoping I can get something relatively cheap that will still kill a squirrel at between 10 and 60 feet and I'm also hoping that I can do it legally and it won't need any sort of certification.

I started reading the thread for info, but there is a lot to get though.

Cheers for any help.

Caporegime
[DOD]Asprilla;22214615 said:
Can anyone give me a bit of advice?

I've got squirrels in the back garden (not the loft) and they are destroying my lawn so I want rid of them.

Pest control are quoting about £300 for a couple of visits to get rid of them so I was thinking about getting an air rifle and destroying them myself. I used to shoot rabbits and what not as a kid but it's been about 20years so i don't know what's legal and so on.

I'm hoping I can get something relatively cheap that will still kill a squirrel at between 10 and 60 feet and I'm also hoping that I can do it legally and it won't need any sort of certification.

I started reading the thread for info, but there is a lot to get though.

Cheers for any help.
Are they red or grey squirrels? Reds are a protected species in the uk. Though they can be killed under certain situations by someone licenced to do so.

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/regulation/wildlife/species/redsquirrels.aspx

Grey squirrels on the other hand are classed as vermin, and largely to do with the decline in the red population. Therefore fair game for hunting.

Soldato
Are they red or grey squirrels? Reds are a protected species in the uk. Though they can be killed under certain situations by someone licenced to do so.

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/regulation/wildlife/species/redsquirrels.aspx

Grey squirrels on the other hand are classed as vermin, and largely to do with the decline in the red population. Therefore fair game for hunting.

Oh definitely tree rats; there may be reds at my folks house, but none here in Surrey.

Caporegime
Tree rats lol, that and pigeons aka winged rats too me. Reds are extremely rare here now, ousted by the ever growing population of greys. An air rifle will be sufficient for taking them out.

Back
Top Bottom