*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Wow! :eek:

At that price it really makes the GS 3 and X etc. not even worth considering at all :p (just a shame it has no data allowance though EDIT: it does actually have 100MB of data)

EDIT:

Grey phone as well........................

:p

Black is available too, as I ordered one.

And ss for redemption, there is nothing that will touch this price, blieve me I have been looking for the last 3weeks.
Redmeption is email them your PDF copy of Bill you get from website.
Done it for last 12months and always had instant confirmation and cheque within 2weeks.
Just avoid **** companies and the redmetion deals are fine.

Im also told phones4U are shipping the latest version.
Ill let you know as its here tomorrow.

Phone has arrived, totally unbranded and unlocked - happy days.

Sub £200 for BNIB unlocked/unbranded oneS has goto be a good deal :D
the Sim package is just a bonus, as it turned out I got offered £60 for the Sim part of the contract too by a family member and my Arc that cost me a total of £80 over its 12m contract is still worth £115 to the mobile trade in companies.
So that makes my upgrade to oneS cost to me ~£25 ;)

Very very very nice! :cool:

Enjoy! :)

S4 chip as well? Clock speed should be 1.5GHz.

Have you got the newer designed model? The top edge should be rather smooth looking and feel of it and the USB port should be bevelled.

yeah its the one with the new style of USB port.

its been a while since the new style was released, so don't know if there would be any of the older ones left ??
Was hoping that was not a risk if there are, but as it does not matter for me now, still a bit of a shock :eek:

Even better then! ;)

Hmm true, hard to say though as there aren't many people fussed/interested in the S, especially here :p so it is rather hard to tell if the new design has outweighed the amount of phones with the old design now :p :(

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Posted on XDA update thread (latest update)!

I've got untouched One S and I got this update this morning. My phone is on O2 UK btw. I'd it a good idea to update it over the network or it's better to root it etc and flash it ? Last thing I want is to be locked for a while with untouched phone .

*Checking for updates every 1 minute now*

:p :o

^ Don't worry, it's probably an old OTA update o2 have just released... :p
Which model was in the end? 520e or 560e? (it's listed on the box ...or if you've thrown it away check the GPU or cpu speed)

GLBenchmark 2.5 has finally been released. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glbenchmark.glbenchmark25

Who's the daddy? :D

48848.png

Think you need to explain ?? is in OTA update or something your reffering too ?

Ah yeah sorry, was too excited! :o :p

Was talking about this OTA and image/update to flash about 8 pages back when it first came out and the improvements of it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1781033&page=42

Basically it is the 4.0.4 android update and a few things have been tweaked/improved, this seems to be the main stuff:

- more free RAM
- the 3 dot menu button on the bottom of the screen for some apps has now been resolved, you can assign the multi-tasking window button to be the menu button via one tap or by holding down
- camera slightly better for quality
- stock sense browser is faster
- signal is improved for strength and consistency as well as data speeds
- overall faster/smoother :eek:
- apparently runs cooler so not as warm to touch (never really had this issue though unless I have been playing dead trigger etc. for more than 15 minutes)

And a few other things.

People were getting the update about 3 weeks ago, however, they were unlocking their bootloaders etc. and the last week or so people with just stock locked bootloaders have been getting the update OTA (mostly in Europe) and the above post is the first person I have seen from the UK to get the update.

So hopefully we should get it within the next few days.

^ Don't worry, it's probably an old OTA update o2 have just released... :p

Better not be!!!!! :mad:

GLBenchmark 2.5 has finally been released. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glbenchmark.glbenchmark25

Who's the daddy? :D

48848.png

Nice! :cool:

:(

Either way you got a good deal. Be interested to see some battery life screenshots of the S3 version, haven't seen any at XDA.

Also that latest update I am talking about is only for the S4 version, no idea about the S3 version.

Bummer :(

HThe GS3 won most benchmarks until now.

This is the first graphics benchmark that doesn't hit the vsync, reports wrong fps or use rubbish off screen rendering. :D

More cores don't add much, only improved thread handling for physics effects (you'd take more bandwidth though) You can check cpu usage during benchmarks with systempanel lite if anyone's interested. Quads shouldn't go above ~30%.
The Tegra 3 GPU does surprisingly well but it will use ~30% more leccy than Exynos 4412/S4.

Guys. I'm finally ported over to GG and I am fully up and running on my OneS* Woo! :D

I have to say I'm running Apex Launcher and love it, but I can't say the phone seems ultra smooth. Does Apex need an update or something? Maybe I should go back to Sense and see how it fairs. Or maybe I was expecting too much. I was playing Dead Trigger at work though and that was great!

Also, I think I need some dark wallpapers. Any links? Also, any links for decent sounds? I've got my old-school 24 'CTU' ringtone which I'll always keep but I actually grew to like the ones on my Desire but can't get them off it heh. Maybe some Mario sounds or something? Important things first eh :p

Er, do I get a card or something for the OneS club now? :p

*Not entirely true. Due to my overbearing OCD I am waiting until tomorrow to purchase my goodybag so I can have it recurring on the 1st of every month :p

Nice! :D And nope you don't get a card as we aren't that "sad" yet........................ :p :o However, you do get a "borat HIGH FIVE"! :p

0HQpA.jpg

How many homescreens, widgets do you have? (I got 3 homescreens and a total of 9 widgets) Animation speeds are default, I think.......

Mine is perfectly smooth.

I have disabled a fair amount of apps etc. now though i.e. HTC sense keyboard, HTC stocks, the languages, sense widgets, tweeter etc. etc. so not sure if that would make any difference, although can't really recall of any lag when I first got my phone and had left pretty much everything enabled.

Could maybe try nova and see how it is.

Dark wallpapers? Look no further!

aLgrw.png

Some of these are quite nice:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...GMqqV0QXJ3YCgBw&ved=0CFcQsAQ&biw=1543&bih=935

As for sounds, my mobile has a silent ringtone and I use "content" for SMS notification and simple high for gmail.

You can just dll the mario or/and desire sounds from some site and place them on your SD partition and then choose them for your ringtone etc.

Back
Top Bottom