*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Signal or no Signal - I'll be joining you tomorrow Nexus - given my GS3 is falling apart!

(Well the home button is giving up after 5 days use!)

Lol :D

It could just be a faulty/poorly built GS 3 :p

Don't think I have read any reports about the home button breaking, although have read some where people found it a bit "loose". I personally thought it felt better than the GS 2 home button in terms of a nice sturdy feel with good response when pushed.

But yeah that is another reason why Samsung should have got rid of hard button, less likely to break/"wear and tear" compared to touch sensitive buttons like the X/S or on screen buttons like the GN!

But yeah up to you what you do :)

As you are aware though if the signal for the GS 3 isn't good then the S isn't going to be much better and most likely worse, so if you do get the S you really will need to get on a new network where you will get better coverage.

Honestly I've had just about enough of smart phones and am seriously tempted to get a N95 and be happy ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

DON'T DO THAT!!!!! :o

:p

Last edited:
I fear Motorola devices pretty much rule themselves out.

Which brings us to the Lumia 800/900... Nokia know how to make an antenna.

I've just looked at my old HTC desire which her indoors now has. Its done 22 hours 39 mins on battery, screen on time of 30 minutes and 2% of time without signal.

Its still got 90+ % battery! :(

:confused:

Stock ROM???

Unless the battery meter isn't accurate so might show 90+% for now but after another hour it will probably drop down to like 15-30%

Happened with my spica a lot, lasted for ages going from 100-50, as soon as it hit 50, pretty much drained instantly :( :o

What is the brightness set to?

Has everything been turned off like GPS etc.? :p

That is ridiculously good battery life and just not possible with standard/normal usage on the desire :p

It is a shame that you didn't get better signal with the S on your current SIM/network, honestly think you would love it and sense V4.

Hey matey,

Using that desire feels like home to me! Gps is turned off as it isn't used for anything that requires it! The screen brightness is set to auto so it does as it pleases I guess!

My choices now are :

Get a one s and use the cash difference to pay off my contract.
Take this back and push for a refund - - buy friends iphone 4s and be done with it!
Buy desire for desire s from the bay!

Get a One S.

Get on Vodafone.

Get a SureSignal box.

Enjoy flawless signal at home.

Be happy.

If you can't be bothered with that, just get an iPhone 4/4S and wait for the new iPhone...

Yeah having GPS turned off completely would help battery life a bit, although still can't believe she is getting that kind of battery life from the desire (especially with auto brightness)! :p What about mobile data connection and wifi connection?

Up to you :) We have been through the pros and cons of the S many times now :D :p

I would personally do the first option and get on a network where you get good coverage (as in like 3 bars of reception) at work, home etc. areas.

TBH, the desire S is a rather good phone! And it is going to be getting ICS soon, not sure about sense V4 though (although I personally wouldn't choose it over the likes of the GS 2 and GN etc.)

What about the Galaxy nexus? Has a lovely 720P SAMOLED screen and IMO looks stunning. You might like stock ICS/JB, maybe not as much as sense, but more than touchwiz. Only lacks in the hardware department/camera. Battery life is pretty decent and if you want you could always get an extended battery plus you get some JB goodness ;) :p

Have robbo and I suggested the GN to you before? Can't remember......... :o :p

Whatever you do, don't do option 2 (again......)! :p

Last edited:
I've just looked at my old HTC desire which her indoors now has. Its done 22 hours 39 mins on battery, screen on time of 30 minutes and 2% of time without signal.

Its still got 90+ % battery! :(

Yep, the Desire was famous for its battery life, here's a screen shot from my old one...

0hvM2eD27dd0Dj5zHfxvgV

Disclaimer:
The Desire actually had the WORST battery life in the world ...ever! The One S absolutely ****es all over it with the same usage :p
Note to HTC, simple black menus without that stupid animation are so much better. Glad they've kept the nice icons though.

I quite like the new white colour scheme background, it has grown on me :p But would have much preferred the ICS black/blue/grey theme!

The animation is pretty **** :p :o

Well I should get my one s back again around Wed and will defo be using a case this time as my last one suffered from really bad flaking!

What cases did you reccommend again?

Just got my oneS confirmation.

This is the deal from Dialaphone (phones4U)

Code:
8 months free line rental by redemption
100 minutes and Unlimited texts per month
Average line rental after cash back equivalent to: £10.33
Total contract cost over 24 months: £247.92
Free Handset

£50 via Quidco

Overall phone cost = £197.92

The sim mins etc is no use to me, but its the cheapest way I could get a phone.
Probably give the Sim to my Son.

Possibly could help someone.
http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/aw2/offer/24OROSPR0B/

Wow! :eek:

At that price it really makes the GS 3 and X etc. not even worth considering at all :p (just a shame it has no data allowance though EDIT: it does actually have 100MB of data)

EDIT:

Grey phone as well........................

:p

Back
Top Bottom