*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Just had another chip on the top of my black 1S :(

Gonna send some photos to HTC and see if they'll replace the case under warranty (as it's outside the 30 days and CPWH won't replace it :()

Anyone had any luck with a chip free black 1S?

Just had another chip on the top of my black 1S :(

Gonna send some photos to HTC and see if they'll replace the case under warranty (as it's outside the 30 days and CPWH won't replace it :()

Anyone had any luck with a chip free black 1S?

Carphone warehouse wouldn't refund me my £500. After kicking up stink for an hour in their store I got my money back ;)

Posted this in the X thread, but it will also be the same for the S as well, so will also post it here too :p :)

Looks like the sense camera will be getting a slight update I think (I imagine this will be part of sense 4.5 or whatever version it will be numbered along with jellybean possibly).

It could just be a mod by a developer though.......

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1808409

Only skimmed through the thread quickly, seems the only things that have changed/improved is the UI and a few new features possibly (only like 2 people have mentioned improved photo quality, quite a few have mentioned the front camera is much better now):

oke i found something what is changed in the camera

improve the point of UI settings - focus, shutter button and click camera.
More shortcuts camera button camera before and after the switch to facilitate

this is translated so dont blame me

one very good thing has happend
u can take pict wiht a swipe over the screen an take multiply pict that way

New camera UI! Not much has changed, just a few UI changes although I do think the image quality has increased, haven't tried video yet, and the front camera has improved a lot for me

Still no sign of that new update either!!! :mad: :(

Awesome, I'm up to 4000kbps on talkmobile now :cool: Are you still hitting those ridiculous speeds with that Huawei?

About 6-8Mbps at home and at work. There is a place at work; i.e. trading floor when I can get 12Mbps - think they have a Voda booster around there.

Sarge - when is your allowance (min/txt/data) renewal day? and billing day?

Want to work out when my renewal day is.

My sim is in the Huawei so can't be ass'd to call the extortionate premuim number to find out. :)

I got my replacement phone due to the chipping issue which was pretty bad, how do I check what chip it uses again as when I go to settings then hardware it just says dual core!

About 6-8Mbps at home and at work. There is a place at work; i.e. trading floor when I can get 12Mbps - think they have a Voda booster around there.

My sim is in the Huawei so can't be ass'd to call the extortionate premuim number to find out. :)

Talkmobile speeds are amazing, Im almost always at 8mbps, expect for work were its a straggle to get any signal at all :( really kills my battery life.

CPWH has a decent online account service for talkmobile, you can view historic bills/stats there. All you need is your account number to set it up. https://www.mycarphonewarehouse.com/portal/servlet/gben-portal-login-Login

Oh, there's no renewal/stats for data, it's totally unlimited :cool: (mine is the 18th for bill date/allowance renewal and Direct Debit on the 1st btw)

ARM7 REV 4 V7I
1674mhz
architecture 7 13.52 villec2 4

hmm its hard to tell PN is hsb039-00 (Is this a new version? could it be good?)

edit z560e is that gd or bad?

seems i have the 1.7ghz s3 which is bad correct? Shame as I returned my other device due to chipping issue and amazon specifically state 1.5ghz which I thought was the s4 which is the best chip correct?

edit 3575 benchmark result, yep it appears to be the poop s3 version! will be sending this one back! :@ grr specifically states 1.5ghz dual core also!

Last edited:
Supposedly these are the sense V4.1 changes for the international one X (some of these things will apply to the S as well, in fact this update is more or less the same as the one currently rolling out across Europe for the S, well some parts of it anyway :p such as the new transition for homescreens, ability to remap the recent apps button):

http://www.geeksaber.com/?p=1640

Well, all that’s about to change. Sense 4.1 RUU has been leaked (version number 2.15.401.5) , and after some testing, we found the following fixes:

Live wallpaper lag has been fixed
There’s a dedicated button in the Camera app to switch between Front/Backward facing cameras. (earlier you’d have to go into the menu for that.)
A dedicated button to switch tabs in the browser. (You’d have to go into the menu for that, too)
Complete removal of all 3D-Effects in the launcher leading to a completely lag-free experience.
Probably the most important- Rebased on Android 4.0.4
Added ability to remap the recent apps button/ Long-press recent apps/ Long-press Home as Menu. (yes, it removes the Virtual menu bar) under Settings->Display, Gestures and Buttons
New, blazing fast kernel. We mean it. It scored a pretty impressive 59oo+ in Quadrant benchmark (compared to 5100+ on Sense 4)
Wifi-dropping/ Icon showing weak signal Fixes.
Better Battery life- 5 Hour+ Screen-on time as compared to a measly 3 Hour+ on Sense 4.

Currently there is only one ROM available based on it by xda-developer football (anybody who’s hacked an HTC device must know him) , and more are on the way. Download it here.

Note: This is ONLY for the International Tegra 3 HTC One X.

Imagine if the battery life of the S also increases, 6 or maybe even 7 hours on screen time as the norm! :eek: :p

Last edited:
So what have a missed over the past week? :p

Been up in the Lakes about 2 miles out of 3G range :mad: Did a bit of browsing on 'G' with images turned off but damn 20kbps with 800 ping doesn't make it an enjoyable experience! :p Impressed with the signal up there though, actually got full signal in the middle of nowhere when i only get 2-3 bars at home :confused: Nice job O2!

Took a bunch of photos, i'll try post a few more and maybe edit a couple later on if i get time. Gotta pack because i'm heading off to france in the morning though :o

Here's a sample anyway. All in auto mode except the obvious HDR one (which i was really unimpressed with actually. Auto was absolutely fine and dealing with bright sky contrast pretty well) <3 panorama though :D

Fullsize
IMAG0316%20copy.jpg

Fullsize
IMAG0349%20copy.JPG

Fullsize
IMAG0318%20copy.jpg

Fullsize
IMAG0319%20copy.jpg

Was also trying my damn hardest to capture a fighter jet on video but they are way too fast and the ones close enough to see well were out of sight way before i could even get my phone out. Did get this though :o Shameful really...
fighter%20jet.jpg

Not much has happened in this thread really, just the usual! :p :o Got a few new S owners :D :p

Still waiting for that new update :mad: Although some guy in the UK network locked to o2 got it a few days ago.

Soon...................... :p

Those panorama shots are superb :cool:

Good stuff :D More people need to see the light :cool:
Yeah first thing i did when i got back was check for the update but nothing.

The stitching is great i'm really impressed. I wasn't even being careful with it either so i was expecting a few blurred shots but nope. I took 3 panoramas from one spot so i'll do some manual stitching later for a full 360 shot :p

Indeed! :D

Yeah, the way the panorama works on sense V4 is amazing, don't have to be extra careful with keeping everything aligned/centre as it just shows you how far to move up and down etc. :cool:

Oh nice! look forward to seeing that! :D

CPWH has a decent online account service for talkmobile, you can view historic bills/stats there. All you need is your account number to set it up.
Oh, there's no renewal/stats for data, it's totally unlimited :cool: (mine is the 18th for bill date/allowance renewal and Direct Debit on the 1st btw)

Yup I did log into to my account at CPW but it's pretty basic - would have been nice to see how much data I used even though it's unlimited. No info there too about when my allowance renews.

When I get round to it I'll have to call them up and pretend to be by bro - from work obviously :D

ARM7 REV 4 V7I
1674mhz
architecture 7 13.52 villec2 4

hmm its hard to tell PN is hsb039-00 (Is this a new version? could it be good?)

edit z560e is that gd or bad?

seems i have the 1.7ghz s3 which is bad correct? Shame as I returned my other device due to chipping issue and amazon specifically state 1.5ghz which I thought was the s4 which is the best chip correct?

edit 3575 benchmark result, yep it appears to be the poop s3 version! will be sending this one back! :@ grr specifically states 1.5ghz dual core also!

Also is there any chance I would be ok to ask for postage back now because its going to cost me over £10 due to faulty products or incorrect product discription? - Amazon seller

Back
Top Bottom