*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Does anyone work out during their lunch break?

Trying to work out the logistics of it, realistically it'd have to be a maximum 45 minute workout. My usual session is 1hr 30ish :\

I think I'll have to arrange it so I'm in 4 days a week or maybe even 5 so the overall time spent in the gym during the week is the same.

Man of Honour

Trying to work out the logistics of it, realistically it'd have to be a maximum 45 minute workout. My usual session is 1hr 30ish :\

I think I'll have to arrange it so I'm in 4 days a week or maybe even 5 so the overall time spent in the gym during the week is the same.

Base your routine around squats, deads and bench. Chuck in some chins, rows, planks and overhead work... What more do you need!

Soldato

I go during my lunch breaks mostly, its been tough to keep it under 1hr 15mins right now, but its getting less each time as I reduce my rest periods.

Soldato
I go during my lunch breaks mostly, its been tough to keep it under 1hr 15mins right now, but its getting less each time as I reduce my rest periods.

Do you eat your PWO meal straight afterwards?

I don't see why you need to spend 1h 30 in the gym.

I don't need to, I reckon I could squeeeze it in to an hour but I think I'll have to go in for another session, especially if I want to do cardio. Do you run from set to set? I usually take my time, obviously time will be a constraint so I won't be as casual...

Time does seem to add up easily, especially if you have to wait for some weights, then pwo stretching, cardio, shower etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you eat your PWO meal straight afterwards?

I don't need to, I reckon I could squeeeze it in to an hour but I think I'll have to go in for another session, especially if I want to do cardio. Do you run from set to set? I usually take my time, obviously time will be a constraint so I won't be as casual...

Right after I have a shake and a banana, then I tend to eat a meal 1 hour after at my desk.

I do cardio at home for the most part as I have a one of those bikes. After I finish 1 I go to the next and rest there then start, and so on. If 2 are close to each other I try to do 1 then the other while I rest if it is using 2 different body parts/muscles.

Man of Honour
I see.

So you don't warm up, stretch or do cardio?

Also the new gym doesn't have a squat rack :( they're getting one though and I can't seem to squat (awaits replies :rolleyes:) at the moment so it's no big loss.

What is cardio? Is it French? And do you want a :rolleyes: or something? What is wrong with your ability or desire to squat? Genuine interest here...

My warm up consists of soft-tissue work, stretching, and lighter versions of the lifts above.

If I'm rushed, I'll just do my compound lifts and leave the 'assistance' work for later in the week. But with 5*45 mins, you should be able to cover everything you need.

Soldato
What is cardio? Is it French? And do you want a :rolleyes: or something? What is wrong with your ability or desire to squat? Genuine interest here...

Just going by previous comments on here when I've stated that I'm having pretty serious cramp/pain when squatting.

For the mean time I think I'll do goblet squats because I'm not sure when they are kitting the gym out - hopefully they won't take to long once they start!

If I'm rushed, I'll just do my compound lifts and leave the 'assistance' work for later in the week. But with 5*45 mins, you should be able to cover everything you need.

Well, yeah, that was the whole point of my post :p to see what people do! :)

I could, but by no means need to.

You're so awesome bro

Caporegime
I know monkee does some training at lunch, so see what he does.

With regarda to no squat rack. Heavy goblets will tire you and work your core nicely (all good :D) them you can do lunges or reverse lunges, and bulgarian split squats can be a killer.

Man of Honour
Lol.

Goblet squats on Monday, chest on Wednesday, deads on Friday.

Monday:

Goblets, chins, military press, weighted lunges, plank.

Wednesday:

Chest press, Dumbell rows, side plank, single leg squats.

Friday:

Deads, SLDL, pull-ups, press-ups (weighted if you're 'ard enough)...

You can do that cardio stuff at their points if you want. I'd go for 3*8 or something, too.

Soldato
Lol.

Goblet squats on Monday, chest on Wednesday, deads on Friday.

Monday:

Goblets, chins, military press, weighted lunges, plank.

Wednesday:

Chest press, Dumbell rows, side plank, single leg squats.

Friday:

Deads, SLDL, pull-ups, press-ups (weighted if you're 'ard enough)...

You can do that cardio stuff at their points if you want. I'd go for 3*8 or something, too.

Why are you lolling?

My current routine is:

A
Squat
BB Bench
BOR
Facepull

B
Deads
Dips
Chinups
OHP

With 2 isolation exercises at the end of each work out.

I think I prefer it to what you have suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom