*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
well yeah your right, i am focused more on putting on a bit of mass now, but still watching back those vids i make 120 look easy compared to now :(

Just sticking in a few extra calories will help wonders mate :p

Do you just do single arm or try BB OHP sometimes? I'm actually surprised how well my OHP has come along, just hope it carries on :)

I do BB OHP as well. I did 30kg for 3x10 the other week, nothing major, but got to get my shoulder used to everything sadly.

Man of Honour
This is why although I miss training at lunch times and having the entire evening to myself to chill out, I don't mind as much anymore that I'm forced to train in the evenings.

I have an entire days worth of food behind me, a lot more energy and my strength reflects that. For example, Wills came down and we trained at about 10am, did back and I couldn't even pick up 160 for 1, the following week, trained in the evening again as normal, did 160 for multiple reps then threw out 2 at 180

Would hate to do anything other than cardio in the mornings

Caporegime
I'm usually an evening trainer, only time I can use the gym, over summer I do lunchtimes but this summer I was working elsewhere so trained in the evenings

I train in the morning, i have no time to add in extra calories. In general i am already bulking and putting on weight so no need for me extra cals.

I was merely referring to your cutting strength :)

I've noticed a lot of difference since adding in some extra cals for the bulk.

Soldato
Good shoulder session yesterday

Face pulls to warm up, 3 sets.

OHP
Bar warm up x 10
40kg x 10
50kg x 8
55kg
x4 (Messed up here, paused too long on the first one and sapped my strength...)
x6

Quite happy with that, its improving all the time, few weeks ago 2 reps was enough. 60kg is my PB for 1 rep.

Front cable lateral raises x 3 sets

Side cable lateral raises 3 sets for each arm, this is coming along well too, thanks again FF for the advice!

Finished off with some cable front lateral raises, but full extension, no idea what they are called but same as normal lateral raise but straight up over head, saw someone else doing them so thought I would give them a try :p

Legs tonight :D cant wait!

Soldato
I was merely referring to your cutting strength :)

I've noticed a lot of difference since adding in some extra cals for the bulk.

Ive been on over 2.3k cals for the last 6 weeks and 2.6k cals on training days, bulking already and adding weight so dont want to up them any more until i stop gaining weight ;) no getting fat nom saying!

Soldato
Another morning trainer here. 6:00 near enough every other morning!!! It would actually be interesting to see the difference training one evening. I reckon i may even be able to reach the target i set myself of benching my own bodyweight by the end of October... (Currently at 57.5kg, need to get to 77kg. Although a 1RM will be good enough for me and will make me feel better about it! Haha!)

Soldato
Rofl, I'm on 3.2kcals on training days :p

i bulked on that before and put on a shed load of fat. My thoughts on it are that the body wont put on the mass any quicker if the surplus cals to over the required amount to produce new muscle is x or y.

So this time around i am keeping a much closer eye on how much i eat when i bulk and if i am making gains compared to how much fat i am putting on. I think i will soon need to increase what i am eating, but this time around i havent put on 10lb in 10 weeks, i have put on 3lb in 10 weeks, but i am definatly looking better now then i did the first time around adding 10lb ;)

Soldato
Link I wholly see what you mean, my approach has just come from the fact I don't have the patience for it anymore. When I'm cutting I'll be meticulous and worry about getting the most out of it.

For now, I'd rather eat more and gain 100% of what I can in terms of muscle and strength, then cut down after. I've learnt I'm far better at cutting than bulking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom