*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
As you can get in all week (or even 4 days), if you need, you can split your routine up so you don't have as much to do each day, so can get in some quick warm up and jump in to your main compound exercise and then an assistance one if needed. Just give it a week trial and then you can see which exercises you can fit in and which need splitting up.

Soldato
Good work :)
More sets at 70/80kg to get used to the motion :)

Yep plan to do some squats tomorrow. Was back + biceps day today so got legs + shoulders tomorrow.

Normally on legs day I do:
Press
Curl
Extension
Calf
and now I do squats.
Although the machines are getting kind of pointless now.

I can max out the extension + calf machine. I guess I should do one legged now rather than two.

Just wondering where in that routine you would put the squats in? Last time I did it at the end. Should I do it first this time?

Gonna try and leg press 280Kg tomorrow :).

Also currently I do a 3 day cycle of the following:

Chest + Triceps
Back + Biceps
Legs + Shoulders.

Now I want to add deadlifts in but was wondering on what day I should add it?
Also I've never done a deadlift so was wondering what advice people could give me on them.
I do bench on chest day and squats on legs day, so surely I should do deadlifts on back day?

Last edited:
Soldato
What does the R stand for in RDL?

So cut out all the crap and just do squats RDLs (?) and calves?

Sounds good and should save me more time really.

EDIT:

Just googled it, Romanian. Okay I'll look into it. Cheers Morba.

Soldato
Just saying bra, goblets and split squats will hurt.

Im having issues front squating due to my wrists atm, but i may switch back to goblets

Sarcasm fail! Guess I should have put a smiley at the end of it, I thought txt spk was enuff of an indicator.

I've never used a Smith machine for squatting, when I was 19 I used it for calf raises but that's about all I've ever used it for.

I'm going to try Goblets. Still need to work on the TFL as I can't see how it'll be any better with Gobs than normal squat.

Man of Honour
What does the R stand for in RDL?

So cut out all the crap and just do squats RDLs (?) and calves?

Sounds good and should save me more time really.

EDIT:

Just googled it, Romanian. Okay I'll look into it. Cheers Morba.
Look in the Exercise Guide thread!

Also, add some form of split squat or lunge to the three exercises that Morba suggested.

Soldato
Oh the joy of lunges and not being able to go down the stairs the next morning, it really does work you out.

Had a cardio/Abs day today, really burnt my abs cant even move much or laugh right now.

Jackknife - 12rep
90 degree crunch - 12rep
Weigthed bicycle - 12 rep
90 degree toe tip - 12 rep

Did it in a circuit, moving from each one without any rest and only 1 mintue rest at the end, could only manage 3.

Caporegime
Weighed myself yesterday and I'm down a stone and a half in 10 weeks. Didn't see much point in bulking while I was recovering from my injury and knew I couldn't push my squat or deadlift so I dropped my calories and did a mini cut instead. Got plenty of room for a nice bulk before Christmas now :cool:

Man of Honour
Dude - I broke my arm two inches from my wrist last November and was front squatting like a (very weak) boss in February this year! No excuse. ;)

Work on your flexibility, as it will only bite you later (yadda, yadda).

The alternative is the cross-arm grip whilst the barbell is resting on your delts (guessing you've tried this?)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom