**Official MSI Z77 Mpower Discussion Thread**

Nickolp1974 said:
Nelly does the above official contain all the latest beta updates??
H:51 will for sure because it's the start of what will be the 17.5 release.

I've been playing around with more clocks, this time clocking using Auto Voltage with various amounts of Vdroop offset, working quite well. I will post back later with results.

G4cE said:
I am looking to buy an Ivy bridge i7 and a new motherboard in the next few days, would owners of this board say they were happy with it, or given the opportunity would they buy something else instead?
I am happy with it. It's a far superior board compared to the MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3), you get quite a few good features with this board for the price, the only thing missing is Voltage Offset, but that depends on how you want to overclock.

MSI boards are so simple to overclock and get stable, which I think is a good thing if you don't want to spend hours/days tweaking and just jump straight into gaming etc.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've currently got my 2500K now on Auto Voltage with power saving features clocked at 4.8GHz, the vcore is at 1.31v (1.32v real) using 12.5% Vdroop, I will post screenshots later.

That's the good thing about lowering the Vdroop if you have a high VID like mine, which is 1.411v @ 4.8GHz, but only needs around 1.3v (1.31v real) in BIOS to be stable.

I think the majority of Ivybridge have a really low VID i.e. <1.2v> you cannot increase Vdroop above 100%, this is when Voltage Offset would be required which the board doesn't have, you could then increase the offset to match the VID required at higher clocks. Obviously it doesn't matter if your using Manual Voltage to overclock because you can choose whatever voltage, I prefer power saving using auto voltage with voltage offsets.

New H:53 beta bios, as of today, also included what was updated in H:52 beta.
NOTE: Make sure you unplug your PSU from A/C power and properly >>Clear CMOS Guide<< after flashing.

WARNING:- DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS MSI LIVE UPDATE 5 METHOD TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS, HIGH RISK OF BIOS FAILIURE!

Latest Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: H53

Please note that flashing this release occurs entirely at your own risk!
>>Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<<, Method II for best results.
Do NOT use the BIOS/UEFI integrated M-Flash Routine.

>>Alternative Method BIOS flashing/update using an USB Flash Drive<< Latest version of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 >> Click Here

E7751IMS.H52 ==> E7751IMS.H53
  1. Add DRAM timing keyin function.
  2. Add MOUSE WHEEL SOLUTION .
  3. Update BIOS Setup F12 key function.
  4. Fix hang 0x2e when use CORSAIR CMGTX5 memory and XMP is enabled.
  5. Fix 'Integrated Graphics Share Memory' and 'DVMT Memory' item show incorrect.
  6. Add to support change ACPI table information.
  7. Release Date: 25th October 2012
E7751IMS.H51 ==> E7751IMS.H52
  1. Update solution:Fix some vga card error under winxp os.
  2. Modify DMI type1 and DMI type 2 Manufacture from write once to unlimited .
  3. Hidden some item when MSI Fast Boot item enabled.
  4. Fix USB Support and Fast Boot item help string show error issue.
  5. Fix that system can't boot into WinPE.
  6. Fix PCIE GEN3 display card issue.
  7. Fix issue:when enable win8, plug monitor untill boot to shell, it can light monitor,but will hang when you enter setup.
  8. Release Date: 21st October 2012
DISCLAIMER:
MSI will not be held responsible or liable for any damage made with using a BETA BIOS.
Please proceed with discretion and do not attempt to use unless you know what you are doing!

Last edited:
Hello good people. I am new and thanks to google search.

I have 3 questions for now:

1. I am still on BIOS version 17.4 and which one is (for now) reconmended?
The E7751IMS.H53 version ?

2. Is the BCLK settings anywhere in the BIOS?
For some reason I can not find it. Although you can do that by "ControlCenter", but that isn't picking up the BIOS settings. It keeps on been set on 100.5 and I like 100.3 more.

3. Is the "beta h54" been pulled back?

But wow, the motherboard is great. No news there :)
Thanks in advance.

Ive ordered the MSI Mpower board along with 16GB of Avexir Mpower DDR3. I have a 2600K and will be using this for a few months until I can upgrade. Just waiting for DPD now.

One question, im sure it will but will my Corsair H50 fit this board OK?

Included the latest H:57 beta bios, released last week, also included what was updated in H:54, and H:55 beta.
NOTE: Make sure you unplug your PSU from A/C power and properly >>Clear CMOS Guide<< after flashing.

WARNING:- DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS MSI LIVE UPDATE 5 METHOD TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS, HIGH RISK OF BIOS FAILIURE!

Latest Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: H57

Please note that flashing this release occurs entirely at your own risk!
>>Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<<, Method II for best results.
Do NOT use the BIOS/UEFI integrated M-Flash Routine.

>>Alternative Method BIOS flashing/update using an USB Flash Drive<< Latest version of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 >> Click Here

E7751IMS.H55 ==> E7751IMS.H57
  1. Modify adjust CPU I/O voltage function code.
  2. Fix system hang on 0x55 issue when use APACER 78.BAGFF.AFC0C memory and XMP is enabled.
  3. Fix system hang on 0x55 issue when use APACER 78.CAGFF.AFD0C memory and XMP is enabled.
  4. Fix system hang on 0x55 issue when use AVEXIR AVD3U28001204G-4CM memory and XMP is enabled.
  5. Release Date: 5th November 2012
E7751IMS.H54 ==> E7751IMS.H55
  1. Modify Market name:Z77 MPOWER (MS-7751).
  2. Patch System failed to initialize the NUMLOCK of the numeric key (most of the time).
  3. Release Date: 2nd November 2012
E7751IMS.H53 ==> E7751IMS.H54
  1. Fix NV's GOP crad will lag & freeze in setup when win8 Enable
  2. Modify Ivy 30151016 and SNB 20361019 GOP driver setting.
  3. Fix system reset on 0x55 issue when use Sandy Bridge G440 CPU and install two 4G memory.
  4. Fix 'Command Rate' Can not change from 2 to 1 when XMP enabled.
  5. Release Date: 31st October 2012
DISCLAIMER:
MSI will not be held responsible or liable for any damage made with using a BETA BIOS.
Please proceed with discretion and do not attempt to use unless you know what you are doing!

Midnight4u said:
1. I am still on BIOS version 17.4 and which one is (for now) reconmended?
The E7751IMS.H53 version ?
17.4 is the latest official, you can use the latest beta H:57 if you feel the need to, these H:5* beta's will more than likely be included in the next official release 17.5 in the near future.
Midnight4u said:
2. Is the BCLK settings anywhere in the BIOS?
For some reason I can not find it. Although you can do that by "ControlCenter", but that isn't picking up the BIOS settings. It keeps on been set on 100.5 and I like 100.3 more.
BCLK is on the first page of the BIOS screen. MSI as well as other manufacturers default the BCLK slightly higher on some boards, this gives a slight advantage over the competitors, especially when they are reviewed on various websites.

CPU Base Frequency needs to be retyped as 10000, this will then set the Bus Speed to exactly 100.0 MHz in CPU-Z, it will keep as this all the time then, unless you load defaults.

test1mpowerbios.jpg

Midnight4u said:
3. Is the "beta h54" been pulled back?
Just not updated the list in a while that's all, I usually try keep tabs on a weekly basis.
pdw8 said:
One question, im sure it will but will my Corsair H50 fit this board OK?
Will fit fine, no problem.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the great answers and taking time for them.

"CPU Base Frequency needs to be retyped as 10000" : How do I have to see that, is it to have 100.3, to type is as "10030"? I just want to get it right, thank you.
:)

Thank you so much for the great answers and taking time for them.

"CPU Base Frequency needs to be retyped as 10000" : How do I have to see that, is it to have 100.3, to type is as "10030"? I just want to get it right, thank you.
:)
No problem. Yep you would think it would be showing as 10050 on default, just type 10030, and it will show up as 100.3 in CPU-Z, or if you want exactly, 100.0 retype 10000.

I've not tried overclocking with the BCLK - I need to get some new RAM - will probally get some Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) HyperX Predator 2400MHz - seen some dirt cheap, or similar G.Skill Trident, might have a go when I get around to it, I'm still using the MPower at the moment, got a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH to play around with at some point. :)

No problem. Yep you would think it would be showing as 10050 on default, just type 10030, and it will show up as 100.3 in CPU-Z, or if you want exactly, 100.0 retype 10000.

I've not tried overclocking with the BCLK - I need to get some new RAM - will probally get some Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) HyperX Predator 2400MHz - seen some dirt cheap, or similar G.Skill Trident, might have a go when I get around to it, I'm still using the MPower at the moment, got a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH to play around with at some point. :)

Thank you!, I have just set it as "10000"and now running at 4499.96 Mhz ;)
I will play arround with it now.[Done]

Do you know, if I am going to flash it to the newest beta, that I can load my saved OC Profile from my USB drive? Or should I re-set everything?

As far as for you planning to get new RAM, look for the quad kits from G.Skill. Mine is in the signature and it was actually cheap for a 2133-C9 quadkit. I had it on 2400Mhz with no issues or you can set them on 10-10-10-30.
(Ps: I returned my Gigabyte, as you can't use the USB on the backplate(VIA USB chip) to have control in the BIOS, only by the USB 'socket' on the motherboard. That bothered me to much and went for the MSI MPower)

/Edit: Ok, it went to 100.33, via the latest CPU-Z here http://valid.canardpc.com/2581679 I tried to get the RAM on 2400 Mhz @1.72v, but 'he' didn't ike it :)
But I don't understand the "Auto", "Linked" or "Unlinked" part of that.

Last edited:
Midnight4u said:
Do you know, if I am going to flash it to the newest beta, that I can load my saved OC Profile from my USB drive? Or should I re-set everything?
It should work fine, I've not tried with this board, but on the MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) if I updated the BIOS, and loaded from USB my settings it would usually work, give it a go. :)
Midnight4u said:
As far as planning to get new RAM, look for the quad kits from G.Skill. Mine is in the signature and it was actually cheap for a C9 quadkit. I had it on 2400Mhz with no issues or you can set them on 10-10-10-30.
I'll need to get some by Friday, will have a good look at those, thanks.
Midnight4u said:
(Ps: I returned my Gigabyte, as you can't use the USB on the backplate(VIA USB chip). That bothered me to much and went for the MSI MPower)
I had some issue with my UD5H updating BIOS, found out I wasn't formatting the USB stick to FAT32. lol :)

I had some issue with my UD5H updating BIOS, found out I wasn't formatting the USB stick to FAT32. lol :)

You have changed you post, but what I was saying with the Gigabyte motherboard; I have a case with only two front USB headers so meaning that I use my keyboard and mouse in front and it was full. Basicly, when I had to enter the BIOS, I always had to change the cords arround and my PC is in a, some kind of a closet(air'd). I was within 8 days to return it so I picked up the MPower. I have been a fan for Gigabyte for over 15 years and for Gigabyte to pick VIA for USB, sound and limitations, I switched to MSI.

Again, you are very helpful and I thank you for that. Hopefully I can post some results soon, to help out people here, on the forums.

Maybe we could share some saved profiles. Sad, that you can't download them from the MSI Support site. Although it is very tricky and risky*.

*Someone could have the VCore set to 5volts to troll ;)

Midnight4u said:
Ok, it went to 100.33, via the latest CPU-Z here http://valid.canardpc.com/2581679 I tried to get the RAM on 2400 Mhz @1.72v, but 'he' didn't ike it :)
But I don't understand the "Auto", "Linked" or "Unlinked" part of that.
I just had to double check, but if you use [Auto] it will just set Jedec, something like 1333 MHz @ 9-9-9-24, then if you click enable XMP it will set to your actual spec of your RAM.

If you click [Link] then you can manually set your RAM to whatever you wish for overclocking etc. Don't bother with [Unlink], because you will have to set each channel for each RAM slot manually.
Midnight4u said:
Again, you are very helpful and I thank you for that. Hopefully I can post some results soon, to help out people here, on the forums.

Maybe we could share some saved profiles. Sad, that you can't download them from the MSI Support site. Although it is very tricky and risky*.

*Someone could have the VCore set to 5volts to troll ;)
Check this on page 2 of this thread, my settings for 4.8GHz on a 2500K >> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22950351&postcount=55

I've got quite a good 2500K, so depending on CPU it might not be stable with those settings, I'll post some more settings using a different method probally tomorrow.

I've still got a 3570K, which I haven't even opened yet, will wait for new ram, and possibly new cooler, then will do more clocking with that. :)
Midnight4u said:
You have changed you post, but what I was saying with the Gigabyte motherboard; I have a case with only two front USB headers so meaning that I use my keyboard and mouse in front and it was full. Basicly, when I had to enter the BIOS, I always had to change the cords arround and my PC is in a, some kind of a closet(air'd). I was within 8 days to return it so I picked up the MPower. I have been a fan for Gigabyte for over 15 years and for Gigabyte to pick VIA for USB, sound and limitations, I switched to MSI.
What keyboard was you using? Is it something fairly new? I use a basic Logitech Elite Keyboard from 2002! lol, never had any issues with any motherboard with it, with the latest keyboards, sometimes the motherboard manufacturers need to know so they can update BIOS to pick them up for going into UEFI BIOS.

You could try a 'USB to PS/2 Adapter', that would possibly fix the issue. Otherwise, for anyone with a very latest Keyboard, buy a basic keyboard for a few £ - will probally do the trick.

OcUK don't sell them, but if you check that well known famous auction site, or the place that sounds similar to a jungle lol, they cost about £1
usbtops2.jpg

Last edited:
hey folks was wondering if you could help shed some light on a small issue i'm having. have got all the latest drivers installed for this board that are availabe for win8 but in device manager i've got an unknown device UB93, any ideas what this is??? have let windows search for new drivers and reinstalled most drivers already.

hey folks was wondering if you could help shed some light on a small issue i'm having. have got all the latest drivers installed for this board that are availabe for win8 but in device manager i've got an unknown device UB93, any ideas what this is??? have let windows search for new drivers and reinstalled most drivers already.

1st time post from Canada

Had that same issue when installed this board

I forget which item solved it but maybe load the driver cd and see if it tags it/picks it up, try update driver button and point it to cd

Or alternately have windows search for the driver online
I had a heck of time but finally it loaded up and was okay wish I could remember exactly what driver of file it was

Last edited:
adwol48 said:
Tyreman said:
1st time post from Canada

Had that same issue when installed this board

I forget which item solved it but maybe load the driver cd and see if it tags it/picks it up, try update driver button and point it to cd

Or alternately have windows search for the driver online
I had a heck of time but finally it loaded up and was okay wish I could remember exactly what driver of file it was
Hi Tyreman, welcome to the forum, have you installed the Intel Smart Connect Technology driver? It could possibly be this, have a check and let me know.

You can actually disable this in the BIOS, I don't personally use it. More info here >> http://www.intel.com/support/services/smartconnect/sb/CS-033108.htm

smartconnecttech.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Tyreman, welcome to the forum, have you installed the Intel Smart Connect Technology driver? It could possibly be this, have a check and let me know.

You can actually disable this in the BIOS, I don't personally use it. More info here >> http://www.intel.com/support/services/smartconnect/sb/CS-033108.htm

smartconnecttech.jpg

I looked in the start menu and programs........don't show it but will look some more

EDIT: I looked in bios/cmos and have it disabled too.

2nd Edit: Found Intel Management Engine Components, 20.47 mb/ version 8.1.10.1300

My board doesn't show clockdown with msi control but does go down by real temp to 2700's odd.
thought they should do from 16x to my multiplier of 45x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom