**Official MSI Z77 Mpower Discussion Thread**

Is there anyway to turn the power button LED and the blue light (Bluetooth?) on the I/O in the BIOS? Can't seem to find anything but could do this with the phase lights etc on my last Gigabyte board.

One week on with this board and I have to say it's fantastic, I've originally gone from my old MSI P67A-GD53 to a couple of the latest Gigabyte Z77 boards which I just could not get to terms with at all as I much preferred MSI's UEFI BIOS & easier overclocking with their boards.

On my original GD53 my 2500K would only go up to a stable OC of 4.3Ghz, and to attempt 4.4Ghz would require at least 1.36v. Going from the GD53 to Gigabyte's range of Z77 boards did not show any significant improvement in terms to overclocking (which I know that my 2500K is not the best overclocker, well I thought that...) and I did reach 4.4Ghz with their boards but with a vcore of 1.35v.

I then decided to take a look at this board from MSI and then got one, and I'm glad to report that I think now I have made the right choice, as I am instantly familiar with their UEFI BIOS & ease of overclocking. I've managed to reach 4.4Ghz easily again but not only that, as of last night I managed to get 4.4Ghz stable with running a vcore at 1.31v (left prime running overnight to test stability) :D

I'm either going to continue testing 4.4Ghz with a lower vcore or possibly attempt a stable clock of 4.5Ghz in a couple of days.

Liam

Last edited:
Hi Guys, my new build is almost ready (i5 3570K+8Gb corsair+ Seagate 6gbs) all I need now is motherboard, as it is on superspecial this week I think of buying this board for £143... Can you recommend it or for £150 mark I could have better option/ choice? Thank You.

Hi Guys, my new build is almost ready (i5 3570K+8Gb corsair+ Seagate 6gbs) all I need now is motherboard, as it is on superspecial this week I think of buying this board for £143... Can you recommend it or for £150 mark I could have better option/ choice? Thank You.

I highly recommend this board
Came from Asus z77 pro & previous Asus z68 pro gen 3 but they are no candle this quiet beast:D
Very stable board hard to BSOD when playing with overclocks and settings

Last edited:
Slightly dissapointed this board doesnt have an Intel NIC - That would have made it perfect!

Anyways couple of questions:

A)- How does it perform with sandybridge processors? bearing in mind they require more voltage will it be better than say an ASRock Extreme 4 Gen3? (Thinking of upgrading/sidegrading from one)

B)- As there is no offset voltage support - does this mean that if I overclock the CPU will be unable to use speedstep and downclock and lower voltage automatically?

thanks in advance.

Slightly dissapointed this board doesnt have an Intel NIC - That would have made it perfect!

Anyways couple of questions:

A)- How does it perform with sandybridge processors? bearing in mind they require more voltage will it be better than say an ASRock Extreme 4 Gen3? (Thinking of upgrading/sidegrading from one)

B)- As there is no offset voltage support - does this mean that if I overclock the CPU will be unable to use speedstep and downclock and lower voltage automatically?

thanks in advance.

yeah No Intel NIC but the Realtek seems VERY good!
This is VERY stable board.
I used to use '68 and '77 pro A*** boards but this IMHO much better.

Family friend has one on 2500k does okay
No voltage offset setting on the board as in say A*** mb's
But not big deal really I got used to it from previous boards but YMMV

Last edited:
yeah No Intel NIC but the Realtek seems VERY good!
This is VERY stable board.
I used to use '68 and '77 pro A*** boards but this IMHO much better.

Family friend has one on 2500k does okay
No voltage offset setting on the board as in say A*** mb's
But not big deal really I got used to it from previous boards but YMMV

Thanks for the quick response mate. I was looking forward to going back to MSI (its been a while!) but unfortunately I think that wouldn't be a good move without the CPU being able to auto downclock and downvolt as my PC sits idle most of the time lol.

:<

Hi guy's just got my Mpower up and runing for the first time, booted straight away and it looks fantastic.
I've only got one problem at the moment and that is i can't seem to get any of the USB3 ports recognize any of my controllers! The two USB2 ports work fine? and the USB3's are powering up my rudder pedals but not showing them. Any ideas?

have been with asus for years but not sure if i should change but the msi

MSI Z77 MPower Intel Z77
or
MSI Z77A-GD65 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

also does it have the same sort of features as the asus boards like
I network control and Virtu MVP boost

also would be overclocking dont wanna mess with all the settings will just use OC Genie mode
long as it doesn't push it to the max anyway to set the control of it?

Last edited:
Cheers Nick
Now there working,i'am new to all this,it's the first rig i've built.
I'am sure i'll be asking you more questions in the coming months so THANKS.

Not a problem, anytime ;)

have been with asus for years but not sure if i should change but the msi

MSI Z77 MPower Intel Z77
or
MSI Z77A-GD65 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

also does it have the same sort of features as the asus boards like
I network control and Virtu MVP boost

also would be overclocking dont wanna mess with all the settings will just use OC Genie mode
long as it doesn't push it to the max anyway to set the control of it?

I too have only used asus and its taken some getting used to but i'm getting there.
Oc genie can be configured in bios to your liking but it wont push anything to the max with default settings.

Back
Top Bottom