**Official MSI Z77 Mpower Discussion Thread**

Tyreman said:
I looked in the start menu and programs........don't show it but will look some more

EDIT: I looked in bios/cmos and have it disabled too.

2nd Edit: Found Intel Management Engine Components, 20.47 mb/ version 8.1.10.1300

My board doesn't show clockdown with msi control but does go down by real temp to 2700's odd.
thought they should do from 16x to my multiplier of 45x
Have you looked on the first page of this post. I have up to date driver list on there, better than the ones found on the MSI CD >> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18441627

It could be possibly the Atheros Bluetooth, Wifi Driver's - if you don't use these, you can also disable these in the BIOS to.

Check with the latest CPU-Z, see if it's clocking down on that, I'm guessing you have these set for power saving features, if not set them as follows:

EIST = [Enabled]
Eup 2013 = [Disabled]
CPU Phase Control = [Auto]
C1E Support = [Enabled]
Intel C-State = [Disabled]

Also check Power Options in Control Panel. If set to High Performance then my 3770k remains at 3921Mhz all the time, on Basic it clocks down to 1608Mhz.

If you go into "Change advanced power settings" then the specific setting is Processor power management -> Minimum processor state. By default it is 5% on Balanced and 100% on High Performance.

Hey Nelly

I run mine at 4.4 with a manual setting of1.28 volts and passes stress testing easily with high temps of low to mid 60,s......but i can not get the power saving to work with it...when idle the volts stay at 1.28....i tried using auto volts like you said earlier and it works fine then but when i stress test the cpu the volts go up to 1.39 and temps are in the high 70's low 80,s...can you put ss up of all your settings...would like to have the overclock but still have the power savings....4.4ghz is fine speed for my needs dont want to go upto 4.8 or anything...quite happy with that

are ther some other settings that will prevent the cpu voltage going up so high on auto that I have not set correctly?

Last edited:
hey folks was wondering if you could help shed some light on a small issue i'm having. have got all the latest drivers installed for this board that are availabe for win8 but in device manager i've got an unknown device UB93, any ideas what this is??? have let windows search for new drivers and reinstalled most drivers already.

Its Intel Management Engine Components
I uninstalled mine and there was the error in device manager

Griff7520 said:
Voltage only went up to 1.285 during test so I think it is sorted now.
Nice, when clocking using auto volts, what is your CPU Core Vdroop Offset set at? if it's 100% try it at a lower setting if the voltages are too high.

As an example, at 4.6GHz with CPU Core Vdroop Offset Control set at [100%] my voltages would be around 1.408v, now if I drop it to [25%] the voltage would be around 1.31v much better.
My 2500K only needs 1.28v using manual voltage to be stable, but we don't have Voltage offset to fine tune it, Due to IC & BIOS design, MSI cannot implement offset mode on existing products since the BIOS needs a major overhaul, and a proper Super I/O that can supply info to the BIOS - UEFI.

Last edited:
well I missread your earlier post and had it set to 100%offset...thats when the volts went upto 1.39 under load....so now its set at 12% and its much better...only went up to 1.285 max....beginning to understand it a bit more now....i probably could get it higher if i tried....but generally dont bother unless i am benchmarking....for normal day to day i have it at 4.4...its a nice boost and low temps.

Finally got ramp up and down cpu use to load applied (16x to my oc 45x)

Set "CPU Ratio" Auto

"Adjust CPU Ratio in OS" Disable

In "CPU Features" Set each of the 4 core limits to my 45x overclock setting

Ramps up and down in MSI Control Center now as well in overclock core graphs

Last edited:
Ive finally had the chance to build this and am pretty happy with it. Ive not tried to play yet as not had the time, just used OC Genie to get to a modest 4.2Ghz.

Here is test on the newest beta bios17.5B7
Needed a tad more Vcore than 17.4 final current

CaptureJPGVB175B7.jpg

Sorry it isn't larger, prolly have to copy it to see it better

Was looking to get this board, but noticed it only has x2 Sata 6gb/s ports. I got 2 SSDs an 2 normal sata drives capable of this speed. Any other users feel this holds the board back?

i have 3 sata 3 drives 2x ssd and a wd green...I used the 2 ssd in raid 0 on the sata 3 ports and it absolutely flies....my other drive runs on the sata 2 ports and to be honest i wouldnt know if it was stat 2 or 3 speeds ....I cany tell much difference cos I only use it for storage....so only having the 2 sata 3 ports proved to be no issue for me.

Was looking to get this board, but noticed it only has x2 Sata 6gb/s ports. I got 2 SSDs an 2 normal sata drives capable of this speed. Any other users feel this holds the board back?

Standard HDD's don't really benefit much from being connected to SATA3 ports as they don't take advantage of the increased speeds. I've tested mine connected to both the SATA 2 & 3 ports and it runs at the same speed. SSD's only take advantage of the increased speeds when connected via SATA3.

Liam

Front page is up-to-date again, updates as follows:

New beta bios came out a few days ago.
NOTE: Make sure you unplug your PSU from A/C power and properly >>Clear CMOS Guide<< after flashing.

WARNING:- DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS MSI LIVE UPDATE 5 METHOD TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS, HIGH RISK OF BIOS FAILIURE!

Latest Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: H58

Please note that flashing this release occurs entirely at your own risk!
>>Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<<, Method II for best results.
Do NOT use the BIOS/UEFI integrated M-Flash Routine.

>>Alternative Method BIOS flashing/update using an USB Flash Drive<< Latest version of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 >> Click Here

E7751IMS.H57 ==> E7751IMS.H58
  1. Changes Unknown - Will update when more information available.
  2. Release Date: 15th November 2012
DISCLAIMER:
MSI will not be held responsible or liable for any damage made with using a BETA BIOS.
Please proceed with discretion and do not attempt to use unless you know what you are doing!

Also new utility/driver updates.

Utility
Drivers

• Atheros Bluetooth Driver v8.0.0.212 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel ME Driver v8.1.2.1318 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel RST v11.6.2.1002 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel USB 3.0 Driver v1.0.6.245 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Realtek HD Audio Driver v6.0.1.6738 *NEW* >> Click Here

• Intel VGA Driver v9.17.10.2875 *NEW* >> Click Here

I decided to send my Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H back as I just simply cannot get used to Gigabyte's UEFI BIOS & due to a few other niggly issues and therefore I decided to purchase this Mpower board at the weekend and now I think I have made the right choice with picking & settling in with a Z77 board. Coming from an MSI P67A-GD53 originally I have got quite used to MSI's UEFI BIOS within the last year and coming straight back to their UEFI BIOS this evening after putting the new board together feels great, much more refined and smoother when comparing to Gigabyte's UEFI BIOS.

I've literally not ran into any problems as well since building everything up again with the new board this evening (I also fitted my new 7950 which I also recieved today too!) which I am pleased about.

The only thing I have got a question on is relating to the CPU fan speed control. In the BIOS I've set everything up so that the CPU fan runs at 25% when not under any load but regardless what speed setting it's set at, the CPU still continues to run at 100%. I have a feeling that this may be down to the fact that my new Noctua NH-D14 only had a 3 pin header where as the motherboard CPU fan header is 4 pin, but on the UD5H where it was set up the same, the manual CPU Fan adjustment setting did work? The case fan speed control works without a problem on this new board too and bothy case fans run at 50%.

If someone could explain as to why the CPU Fan control is not working I would appreciate it.

Thanks - Liam

The CPU fan control in the BIOS is in °C not % I think. So you have set it to try and keep the CPU at 25°. So it is always going to have to have the fan 100% to do that :). I think I set mine to 50. I shall check. :)

Edit: Right so it was CPU Smart Fan Target (in hardware monitor) I was thinking of. I have that set to 50° and CPU Min Fan Speed to 25%.

Last edited:
The CPU fan control in the BIOS is in °C not % I think. So you have set it to try and keep the CPU at 25°. So it is always going to have to have the fan 100% to do that :). I think I set mine to 50. I shall check. :)

Edit: Right so it was CPU Smart Fan Target (in hardware monitor) I was thinking of. I have that set to 50° and CPU Min Fan Speed to 25%.

That's how it is exactly set to run in my BIOS too, but it still does not work. I think that it may be down to the fact that my Noctua NH-D14 fans use a 3-pin header connector instead of a 4-pin CPU Fan header which is present on the motherboard. Could this be the reason behind why the smart fan function is not working for me?

Thanks - Liam

New official BIOS on the MSI website, a few days ago.
Latest Offical BIOS >> BIOS ID: 17.5
  • [17.5] Support GOP detection compatibility.
  • [17.5] Support WinPE.
  • [17.5] Improved memory compatibility.
  • [17.5] Improved gaming keyboard compatibility.
  • [17.4] Update CPU Micro Code.
  • [17.4] Update ME firmware.
  • [17.4] Improved memory compatibility.
  • [17.3] Enhance OC ability.
  • [17.2] Support GOP detection function.
  • [17.2] Improved memory compatibility.
  • [17.1] Release BIOS.
  • Release Date: 13th November 2012
NOTE: Make sure you unplug your PSU from A/C power and properly >>Clear CMOS Guide<< after flashing.

New beta BIOS came out a few days ago also. This will be newer than the official 17.5 BIOS.

WARNING:- DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS MSI LIVE UPDATE 5 METHOD TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS, HIGH RISK OF BIOS FAILIURE!

Latest Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: H61

Please note that flashing this release occurs entirely at your own risk!
>>Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<<, Method II for best results.
Do NOT use the BIOS/UEFI integrated M-Flash Routine.

>>Alternative Method BIOS flashing/update using an USB Flash Drive<< Latest version of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 >> Click Here

E7751IMS.H58 ==> E7751IMS.H61
  1. Update realtek uefi pxe rom.
  2. Fix press DEL key can't entry BIOS Setup when fast boot enabled after.
  3. Update Microcode Intel(R) Ivy Bridge E-1 and L-1 ver016.
  4. Fix 'OC Retry Count' Function error when overclock BCLK.
  5. Fix when adjusted BCLK and then enter setup press F10 Save&Exit cause abnormal reset during the post.( Only for 7751 pcb4.1 MPOWER)
  6. Modify watchdog timer function code.
  7. Update CRB024.
  8. Modify when win8 disabled,fast boot default to disabled.
  9. Update ME 8.1.20.1336.
  10. Release Date: 22nd November 2012
DISCLAIMER:
MSI will not be held responsible or liable for any damage made with using a BETA BIOS.
Please proceed with discretion and do not attempt to use unless you know what you are doing!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom