The **Now Eating** Thread

Smit, what all do you eat on a day to day basis and do you take any carbs at all during an average week?

Trying to devolve my carb intake too, but I keep falling victim to rice/pasta and sauces the ready meals come in :p

Smit, what all do you eat on a day to day basis and do you take any carbs at all during an average week?

Trying to devolve my carb intake too, but I keep falling victim to rice/pasta and sauces the ready meals come in :p

Yeah I do eat carbs but only in the form of low carb fibrous veg/salads,(although some root veg eg sweet potato & carrots now and again).

Bulk of kcals comes mainly from saturated fats and proteins, most meats (with all the meat fat), fish,(mainly fresh salmon fillets) eggs, cheese (raw) and get loads of fat from butter & coconut oil, also have olive oil on salad etc.

Avocados and a few berries sometimes, nothing out of the ordinary, it's just the ratio of fat that is very high compared to the norm. If you are wanting to lower carbs then you'll need extra fat IMO, don't be afraid to take good amounts of coconut oil and proper block butter with your meat/fish & veg meals, it's perfectly healthy IMO and it keeps you satisfied so any carb cravings will disappear.

This is what I do anyway, I'm not saying it's better than other diets, but it works ok for me, I don't want to sound like I'm preaching or anything.:o

I prefer a nice Thai lunch for £5.95 instead :p Have you been to Thai Bright Kitchen on Frimley Road?

no i haven't, ive not tried much in the way of thai food.. the odd microwaveable green curry and pad thai from the supermarket is about it.
their menu looks ok though, maybe oneday... :)

2 tbsp of butter, 2 tbsp of virgin coconut oil, 3 large eggs.

20130111_183450_zps3a7e7dc9.jpg

Add 2 cups of freshly boiled water, 1 tsp of ground cinnamon and blend.

Cinnamon and coconut oil egg drink!

Tastes better than you might imagine, it's all part and parcel of being a ketogenically charged heathen!:eek::D

20130111_183810_zpsc5389e2c.jpg

2 tbsp of butter, 2 tbsp of virgin coconut oil, 3 large eggs.
Add 2 cups of freshly boiled water, 1 tsp of ground cinnamon and blend.

Cinnamon and coconut oil egg drink!

Tastes better than you might imagine, it's all part and parcel of being a ketogenically charged heathen!:eek::D

I can't even imagine what that might taste like?!

Back
Top Bottom