The **Now Eating** Thread

No shame in bought :)

When you say you don't like touching have you ever tried with surgical type gloves, the tight fitting sort or is it more a case of what you are handling?
Ah now that's an idea! Does seem a little OTT though :p
I could probably handle raw fish, but the look of raw meat makes me sick. I picked up a packet of chicken breast fillets the other week but looked at it with disgust before putting it back down again.

Ah now that's an idea! Does seem a little OTT though :p
I could probably handle raw fish, but the look of raw meat makes me sick. I picked up a packet of chicken breast fillets the other week but looked at it with disgust before putting it back down again.

Not over the top if it lets you handle raw meat and thus enable you to cook with it. I love chicken but in all honesty I've yet to buy a packet of chicken breasts regardless of shop or price that I can just cook. They all require a certain amount of cleaning first, so if gloves help then surely worth a try. Gimme a shout and I'll send you some for free :D

...that's the gloves not the chicken ;)

Not over the top if it lets you handle raw meat and thus enable you to cook with it. I love chicken but in all honesty I've yet to buy a packet of chicken breasts regardless of shop or price that I can just cook. They all require a certain amount of cleaning first, so if gloves help then surely worth a try. Gimme a shout and I'll send you some for free :D

...that's the gloves not the chicken ;)
Thanks for the offer :p I think I would rather have someone cook it for me instead though :D

I haven't had any meat for 2 weeks, apart from tinned tuna and tinned chicken soup. Could do with a Nando's right now :o

Edit: Actually I lied. I had cooked ham last week!

Sunday Morning which means:

IMG_0305_zpsd54aefe4.jpg

Jaunt made a pretty darn good curry

Bowl for lunch on its own.

Have it for tea as well, probably make some sort of spinach or cauliflower thing to go with it.

Made a base off

1 large onion
1 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon ginger
1 teaspoon coriander power
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 can tomatoes
100g butter

Fry spices off for a minute, add onions, fry for about 10mins. Add tomatoes, then reduce right down, stick in a blender and make it smooth and save for later.

1 onion,
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
20 of my dried home grown curry chillies
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Beef and chicken as I had some left over which needed eating.
More butter 100g

Chuck all spices in and fry for a minute, throw onion in and fry some more, stick meat and base sauce in, top up with water if needed and simmer for 20mins, or until thick and tender.

It's very good base, but not perfect, it was mainly a mash together of two different pathia recipes I found, with a few tweaks. I think I'll recipe vinegar with tamarind and possibly some lemon juice.
Other than that ill have a look at other recipes and see if I can improve on it.
It took a surprising amount of salt to season it properly.

Last edited:
^^ MMmmm Domino's Pizza Craig.. or maybe some Maccy D's? Mmmmm... come over to the dark side Craig.. i have 50% off vouchers for many fast food places, i can send you some links...

:D

To be honest, after getting the blood test results from the doctors about my liver levels, I have completely lost interest in fatty foods. You couldn't pay me to eat a pizza at the moment. I dont know for 100% that its my weight thats caused the elevated levels in my liver, but at the moment thats the premise I'm working under until told different.

So the more weight I can lose the better. I'm not even eating my crackers and low fat cheese for supper anymore. I'm not starving myself, but I'm down to breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a max of two low fat snacks a day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom