***The Official HTC One Thread***

Caporegime
Hopefully but it is unlikely, HTC one etc. Has been out long enough now and they would have no trouble getting the device direct from HTC as opposed to the consumers, I don't think I have ever seen them do that with any other phone before...

I don't really have a problem with Samsung (don't like some of their tactics) as i said they make excellent devices and their marketing etc. Is top notch, it is bias sites/reviewers that I hate.

Last edited:
Associate
I disagree with you on one point Nexus... their marketing. It's not quality for the most part. It's lowest common denominator, at least the mass media stuff is - I've seen the odd funny piece from the States on YT but over here, nah. All I can remember is that heinous S3 advert from the Olympics with Beckham kicking a football. Quantity over quality... company motto?

Caporegime
True, but overall it is good (it appeals to the average joes :p) and better than other companies (not just talking about TV stuff, but all the marketing/advertising that happens in the network/phone shops)

HTC were terrible last year but they are much better now and have seriously nailed the youtube videos and ads demonstrating the features, I would say that they are better than samsung for those videos now.

I think the way that HTC have set up demo/show of stands across USA will help them tremendously with sales/popularity, getting out there to the "average joes" rather than just the internet people, that should in some ways help make up for the lack of advertising/promoting in the network/phone shops.......

They really need to do the same in other parts of the world though!

I really can't wait to see the q2 and q3 results.

Last edited:
Soldato
the one thing that annoys me a little about HO is the fact that its quite big for a 4.7" device.. looking at XZ, s4 with 5" screens HO is just as big yet has a 0.3" smaller screen, of course the space is used to accommodate the speakers but still its not a tiny thing is it :o

Yep surprisingly the HO has quite a big footprint for a 4.7" device and the speakers are the main selling point of the phone. Boomsound in your earlugs! Nice! :p

@iMacMart

Well done getting a faultless HO Mate, is it from a new batch?

Soldato
Yep surprisingly the HO has quite a big footprint for a 4.7" device and the speakers are the main selling point of the phone. Boomsound in your earlugs! Nice! :p

@iMacMart

Well done getting a faultless HO Mate, is it from a new batch?

I don't think it was to be honest? Although they said it was I don't think they knew what they were saying

Caporegime
IIRC, the main complaints are:

- a tiny gap on the bottom and/or top (HTC have said that it shouldn't be like this, note: it is not part of the "zero gap" part, the main body is where the zero gap idea applies) This is just because the speaker cover is glued on
- the capacitive buttons don't always responds

Soldato
IIRC, the main complaints are:

- a tiny gap on the bottom and/or top (HTC have said that it shouldn't be like this, note: it is not part of the "zero gap" part, the main body is where the zero gap idea applies) This is just because the speaker cover is glued on
- the capacitive buttons don't always responds

What's being done to alleviate this problem? Are future batches going to have this sorted out?

Caporegime
Regarding the gap, HTC acknowledged it a while ago and have said that they will/have fixed the gap and for any people that have the problem to exchange their device for a new one from where they bought it

As for capacitive buttons, no idea, although it doesn't seem to be as wide spread of a problem as the gap.

I would imagine that the QC/early batch issues will be sorted with newer ones.

Associate
Regarding the gap, HTC acknowledged it a while ago and have said that they will/have fixed the gap and for any people that have the problem to exchange their device for a new one from where they bought it

Do you have a link for the official statement about exchanging it? Mine has the gap at the top... I don't really care that much but if it's official advice I might exchange it.

Thanks, tazz

Caporegime
Not got any links to official statements.

That is what they have tweeted, emailed etc. people to do i.e. stoosh here.

Best thing to do is email or tweet them and if they reply back saying to exchange it etc. then go to where you bought the phone and tell/show them that.

Associate
My phone seems ok not raised edges or anything.

big problem though! the capacitive buttons do not light up. Sometimes they do sometimes they dont. very random! is there a settings or something i need to do??

Associate
My phone seems ok not raised edges or anything.

big problem though! the capacitive buttons do not light up. Sometimes they do sometimes they dont. very random! is there a settings or something i need to do??

I would like to know if you can turn them off. I find them distracting when watching content in low light or dark conditions.

Soldato
What build issues did you have Mate? It would be interesting to hear what HTC had to say about the problem. Hopefully they'll do a good job of repairing the problem, will be useful to get an update from you in respect of the repair.
The main reason I gave the first handset back was because there was dust between the glass and the screen. I had gaps in all the corners to the point where the edges of a piece of paper could fit in them. (green circles in the pics). This was the case with both handsets.

I had 3 other issues with the 2nd handset. Firstly the glass wasn't flush with speaker grill in the top left. You could feel it stick out. The 1st handset didn't have this issue. Best image I could get in the 2nd pic green circle.

There's small chip at the bottom speaker grill (3rd pic red circle). Also between the white plastic and screen glass there's small white shavings as if it had been rushed and not finished properly. It feels very rough on the sides of the phone because of this. The 1st handset didn't have this either.

I know these are minor issues but it would annoy me knowing people out there paying the same money have perfect handsets while I have one with defects.

toprightgapandplasticsh.jpg

topleftgapandglassraise.jpg

bottomrightdentandgaphi.jpg

Have you got the link to contact HTC direct please?

I went into the store yesterday and they exchanged it straight away when I pointed out the live demo didn't have the issues mine had, exchanged there and then and the handset I have now is perfect :D

Any good slip cases about...

I just opened up a ticket here. Lucky you got a perfect handset though. Kinda jealous. :p

When I phoned up Three the person had no idea what I was talking about. The person insisted that he fills out the form for me and he advised to just say the phone 'had been tampered with' and was damaged on arrival.

Whereas when I emailed HTC all I said was that my phone had gaps and asked what I should do. I got a reply offering to pick it up.

Last edited:

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Had a quick play with one today... First impressions it looks almost as big as my Xperia z expected it to be s3 size. Not really liking sense either it's just too bold and in your face.

Couldn't gauge the sound accurately due to all the noise in store and my baby in my arms.

Design to me didn't seem all that, need to spend a bit more time with it tbh.

Back
Top Bottom