***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
I hear you Mate, fingers crossed the new batch will have sorted out the manufacturing issues (that's what I'm banking on anyway.)

Shame you can't get rid of the itch.....it's contagious as I'm bugged by it as well! :eek:

If you're not bothered by the whole waterproof thing I'd say go for the ZL if you can afford £400. I'm gonna throw in a curve ball, why don't you get the N4? It's cheap and cheerful and certainly isn't no slouch when it comes to performance. Camera is ok, you can root the phone and flash Paranoid Android and a Kernel such as Franco making the battery life quite decent.

i hope it will... if im going to get one it has to be the black one :) thought my white s2 looked good and it does.. but no case looks good on it and it just annoys me no end.

i would get a ZL without thinking tbh, the problem is tiny DEV community.. wish it was anywhere near what the Z is but it isn't.. so its putting me off a bit :)

n4 is still on my list, and it does sound like the reasonable buy because my current contract expires on december and then i will be able to upgrade to what ever i want.. the problem is that 16gb will not be enough for me, 32gb will be fine though.. i hope google announces a 32gb n4! :eek:

Soldato
Picked mine up from o2 yesterday, mentioned to the girl about the build issues, she dismissed them but said come back in if there are any issue, mine has a small gap on the bottom right and the white mains plug area seems to sit proud of the aluminium base, will go back today and get it exchanged, for a £500 handset I want it perfect!

Will add pic later for info, this won't stop me wanting this handset, the speaker and screen are amazing..........!!

Soldato
It is HTC's crappy stock battery app! :mad: :p

Everything about sense V5 is epic except that modified battery area and the stupid power saver notification in the notification tray, all the time!

There's a mod on XDA I'm running that properly hides the notification but the power saver does still run

And another camera comparison:

http://unleashthephones.com/2013/04...a-lumia-920-vs-the-htc-one-camera-comparison/

The camera really is looking much better with the final production models and the newest/current software.

Have HTC released an update I'm not aware of? My phone keeps saying no updates are available :confused:

I'm running rooted stock

Associate
OK, I have decided to go for it, Will be getting it on EE:

£40/m (I get discount off monthly cost), UNL m, UNL tx, 8gb of Data and the phone's £69 upfront. 12 month Contract (£549 in total)

Here's to hoping that 8gb data will be adequate on 4G. Only thing that's holding me are all these build issues.

Caporegime
Does it require root? If yes, the problem is I CBA with rooting etc. Android phones anymore :p

Afaik The latest update is 1.29, not the update that should be coming out this month, which fixes the iso problem etc.

what I meant by that post is that all these late reviewers are using that most up to date software as opposed to all the early ones that were using beta/very early software I.e. gsmarena etc.

Soldato
I found a way of turning off the backlight on the capacitive buttons on xda but it was for the one x originally however the principle did seem to work on the one - holding the power button down till they are blinking and then stop pressing it when they blink off but I couldn't get it to work - is there another more straightforward way?

They are stupidly bright when watching things fullscreen and in the dark it's distracting and they bled into the screen area :/

Soldato
Does it require root? If yes, the problem is I CBA with rooting etc. Android phones anymore :p

Afaik The latest update is 1.29, not the update that should be coming out this month, which fixes the iso problem etc.

what I meant by that post is that all these late reviewers are using that most up to date software as opposed to all the early ones that were using beta/very early software I.e. gsmarena etc.

I need root for titanium backup, adaway, betterbatterystats, cerberus, light flow and total recall mainly

I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't root tbh but fair enough

Ah ok so no update available for me for now then :)

Caporegime
My s isn't rooted and I have cerberus and better battery stats installed and working fine :p

I know there are a few things in those apps that require root though.

The most important reason for me to root would be adaway, there is adblock plus that doesn't require root and works really well, however, you have that stupid notification constantly and it causes problems sometimes i.e. with youtube comments not loading etc. Apart from that, everything else is a nice bonus, but not really necessary for my uses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom