Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Associate
Cooked a few things recently, first up were some Cherry and Almond tarts

7ah4.jpg

Cheese and Bacon Lasagne - not the best pic but tasted great and a nice change to the normal mince options

xbf8.jpg

And this one from a few weeks ago, Baked Lemon and Raspberry cheescake!

b8fn.jpg

Did some pulled pork a couple weeks back as well but I wasn't too impressed with the recipe. Going to have to try and find another sometime and give it another shot!

One

One

Soldato
Eggs Bennedict

ruAEBZV.jpg

So I cheated with the poached eggs, I have a plastic contraction that goes in the microwave for 45 seconds (although judging by the yolks it should probably be 30 seconds :p), however the Hollandaise Sauce I did myself for the first time (hence why I didn't want to worry about eggs at the same time). Next time I hope it will be on an English muffin and also a bit of chive would have complimented it well.

It was pretty nice though even with the imperfections.

Soldato
Andyt those all look yum :D Makes me wanna do another Bakewell tart and have another bash at a NY Cheesecake (i tend to be lazy and stick to the non-baked variety) :D

Here's some pretty average (looking) blueberry and white choc muffins I made recently:

v52g.jpg

And my first attempt at creme caramels. Pretty happy with how they came out!

0lax.jpg

Associate
Cheers guys, I've not really had baked cheesecake before preferring the lazy ones as well but this one sounded good and thankfully turned out well.

I'm quite tempted to try making those creme caramels too - Is there a recipe online that you used?

Really want to try some recipes that use scallops as well, I've only had them once before but for some reason I just want to use them again. Anyone have any recipes for them?

Soldato
Pav Bhaji that I just made. Mashed vegetables (Bhaji) with bread rolls (Pav) basically. Came out quite nicely if I do say so myself!

IMG_20130908_204902.jpg

Holy giant image Batman! Stick it in spoiler tags or resize next time please. :)

Soldato
Made curry from scratch for the first time tonight. Chicken Tikka, Bombay Potatoes and some Naans.

ws3f.jpg

Bombay potatoes were sooooo good :D

nj1p.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That does look good. About time I learnt how to cook a proper curry. Have you got a recipe for the potatoes? They look so much nicer than many I've seen.

Ingredients
  • salt, to taste
  • 3 large potatoes (around 900g), halved
  • 15g root ginger, peeled weight
  • 3 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 2 large-ish tomatoes, one quartered, the other cut into wedges
  • 4 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1 large onion, roughly chopped
  • 2/3 tsp turmeric
  • 2 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1/2–3/4 tsp chilli powder
  • large handful of chopped coriander leaves

Method:
  1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and salt it well. Place in the potatoes and boil until just tender (up to 30 minutes).
  2. When cool enough to handle, peel and chop into 2.5cm cubes. Blend together the ginger, garlic and quartered tomato until smooth.
  3. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and, once the cumin start to darken, add the onion. Cook for a minute before adding the ginger and garlic mixture, the ground spices and salt. Sauté gently for one to two minutes or until the garlic smells cooked. If you are not sure, taste, it should seem harmonious.
  4. Add the tomato wedges, stir well and cook for three to four minutes.
  5. Add the potatoes and cook for another three to five minutes to finish cooking through and absorb the flavours. Check the seasoning, stir in the coriander and serve.

Chopping the potatoes AFTER you've cooked them is a bit stupid IMO, so I simply diced mine before boiling (it takes takes a lot less time to cook and you don't burn your fingers trying to chop them up!)

Soldato
Pav Bhaji that I just made. Mashed vegetables (Bhaji) with bread rolls (Pav) basically. Came out quite nicely if I do say so myself!

Holy giant image Batman! Stick it in spoiler tags or resize next time please. :)

Haha, sorry - Will do :) It didn't came up giant on my monitor, but then I checked it at work and it was huuuuuge. Will be more careful!

Back
Top Bottom