Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Associate
Another cheesecake! Peach Melba this time seeing as today is National Cheesecake day!

euw1.jpg

Tasted awesome :)

Associate
Fudge finally cooled, all chopped up and ready to scoff!

(click for bigger)

Whats the recipe pal? Looks lovely. I adore (proper) fudge :p

I've just been to Tesco to buy some demerera sugar, carnation milk and butter. Fancy a stab at this tonight, but mines is likely to be just a plain dairy fudge unlike your marbled effort.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whats the recipe pal? Looks lovely. I adore (proper) fudge :p

I've just been to Tesco to buy some demerera sugar, carnation milk and butter. Fancy a stab at this tonight, but mines is likely to be just a plain dairy fudge unlike your marbled effort.

I just modified this recipe: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/851640/white-chocolate-chip-fudge

To be honest, I prefer grainy/crumbly fudge - and this wasn't. I'm assuming it's because of the addition of liquid glucose. I think I might omit that next time.

Don
Did some cooking tonight

Did the "Sat Bains" Ham egg and peas which has been on here before, chocolate soufflés to finish

for main I did a Gordon Ramsay dish of fillet steak with a mushroom gratin, was very easy

and then Heston Blumethal's triple cooked chips, lots of work but superb

for the chips, cut and then wash the starch off, 20-30 mins boil, 1 hr in freezer, 5 mins deep fry
999591_10151693168051847_384302515_n.jpg
at 130C, 1 hr freezer, 8 mins(or till done) deep fry at 180C, best chips ever :D

Soldato
I've tried the heston triple cooked ships before, a lot of work, but they are tasty. What oil do you use Rotty?

Edit: chips not ships, the latter are too crunchy IMO

Last edited:
Soldato
My 8yr old has been pestering me for a couple of weeks about getting in the kitchen to cook as he really wants to learn. So last night I said that he could cook the dinner. I'd tell him how to do things, but he'd do it all.
We had a whole chicken, so shouldn't be too tough for him. He stuffed under the skin with sage and thyme butter. Temp probed the chicken until it was cooked (he BBQ'd it at 180 for 1hr20) let it rest, then did a simple cous cous with homegrown tomatoes and a little decorative salad.

He wanted to plate his up all fancy, so I let him...

33ab2752050411e3b05122000a1f92cb_7.jpg

The ONLY thing I did was cut the breast off the chicken for him. Good lad.

He wants to do more next. Full 3 courses and set the table up like a restaurant and have the 5yr old waiter. Which will be interesting...

Man of Honour
60 day aged bone in sirloin salted for 8hrs with roasted butternut squash & ratatouille

yhqu.jpg

a4hg.jpg

Don't think I can ever cook a steak in a pan again, bbqing makes such a difference, just can't get the temp needed to render the fat quickly in a pan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Decided to make another cheesecake (mostly because I had cream + cream cheese to use up... honest!)

I used frozen raspberries and tried to neatly line them all up, but unfortunately 50% of them turned to mush, so I ended up smearing them on, then covering them over with some raspberry jelly :D

x7fk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom