Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Hi Guys !

Some really really nice looking builds in here - I am almost sold, However....

I have recently ordered (Not shipped yet) a Cooler Master HAF X case, and a 280X Toxic - Heres my dilemma.

I am looking to watercool my CPU, using a D5 Photon tube or similar and a 360mm rad. Given the native mounting point for the 360mm rad, would I be able to install my 280 Toxic (308mm) and mount fans on the rad in Push/Pull config ?

Thanks guys !

-Vinny-

Not sure, for reference I use a 7970 Lightning, so if you get the dimensions of that you can tell from this picture:

GOxYt0q.jpg

There's about half a cm distance between the fans + card, just enough.

You could put the fans on the other side too, but then you lose the dust filter ability.

Yeah they do make it look the part, I wish id of moved the loose fan wire at the top, but in all honesty once I had I couldnt be bothered to take another photo lol.

The only thing: I wish I could fit another GT in on the 360 rad, the XSPC rad has a lot of extra room so it won't fit :(.

Completely fitted it out with DEMCiflex Dust Filter Kit for Corsair 540 Air - so much better, top quality - but then they should be for the cost of them!!

Addicted;

Thanks very much for the reply - It appears there is only 2mm difference between the lightning and the Toxic 280x, so hopefully it should fit !

Do you have a 360mm rad in push pull in your carbide ? It looks awesome....I'm almost sold !

Thanks for your help.

Vinny.

Not sure, for reference I use a 7970 Lightning, so if you get the dimensions of that you can tell from this picture:

There's about half a cm distance between the fans + card, just enough.

You could put the fans on the other side too, but then you lose the dust filter ability.

Ahh - I see what you mean now further back in the thread.

If I went with push pull, presumably you can still mount the shroud over the fans at the front, is it just the ability to use the dust filter that is lost using push pull ?

Thanks,

-Vinny-

Ahh - I see what you mean now further back in the thread.

If I went with push pull, presumably you can still mount the shroud over the fans at the front, is it just the ability to use the dust filter that is lost using push pull ?

Thanks,

-Vinny-

There's literally only room for this:

Fans -> Rad -> Case -> Fans

If you add shrouds at the front you wont get the cover on for the front of the case

There's literally only room for this:

Fans -> Rad -> Case -> Fans

If you add shrouds at the front you wont get the cover on for the front of the case

Hi,

Sorry - wasn't clear with my question !

If I go with push pull, and I mount fans instead of the dust filter, would I still be able to get the cover over the fans mounted at the front ?

Cheers,

Vinny

Yep :)

Thats how i ran initially

Excellent.

My final concern is the card dimensions offered online for the lightning, are for the air cooled, stock HSF set up and I've noticed yours is water cooled.

So I wonder if the PCB was as long as the shroud on the HSF, technically making yours a little shorter than a reference air cooled 7970 Lightning.....

Te Toxic is a little longer too....

Vinny...

I am interested in grabbing this case, only issue is, I have 4 full size HDD's and 1 SSD along with a Blu-Ray drive and fan-control...Is there anyway to mount all I have in the case easily?

I am interested in grabbing this case, only issue is, I have 4 full size HDD's and 1 SSD along with a Blu-Ray drive and fan-control...Is there anyway to mount all I have in the case easily?

Not sure if youre risking to ghetto it but i have 2 HDDs in the front and a HDD and SSD laying ontop of the PSU. Fits with room to spare. Ive put foam between them to stop any noise and temps are fine. (Well according to speedfan). Its my only alternative

I have not received mine yet, but looking at most of the reviews online there appears to be more than ample space in the back for additional bits, you just have to think logically about where to place things !

Can't wait to get my hands on mine !

You should easily be able to mount a few HDD's above the psu bungee cord style.

is any one running a 360 rad in the from of their case with a long gfx card?

I'm thinking of putting one in at the front of mine but not sure if it will hit my 7950?
any one got any pics?

On a side note I have one of the 140mm fans at the top of the case, If I do the two thumb screws up tight at the back the case makes a really annoying high pitched buzz. Any one else found this?

I will have a look through to see if anyone has posted the info before now but to help my aging eyes can someone tell me the maximum clearance for a gpu in this case assuming only standard depth fans mounted at the front/

Thanks in advance:)

I will have a look through to see if anyone has posted the info before now but to help my aging eyes can someone tell me the maximum clearance for a gpu in this case assuming only standard depth fans mounted at the front/

Thanks in advance:)

I use a Radiator in the front with fans on the inside also, there's 0.5cm room between the fans and my 7970 Lightning, so add ~3cm for the radiator, and its about 330mm total roughly :)

Unimpressed with the demciflex filter kit. Due to the uneven surface of the case they dont sit flush to the case which is problematic when they need to to stick to it with their magnetic strip. Kit should also have been two mediums size ones, one each for top and bottom as the small one dosent cover the top well and wont even attach to the bottom of the case. Gonna have to use some thin foam and sheet metal now to get a solid fit and still leave them easily removable which kinda negates paying for these in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom