Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Here is my i7 680 h100i build

2vbsvn9.jpg

Last edited:
I think corsair really missed a trick with this case. Why no radiator mounting points in the space behind the motherboard tray?

This was something that we have thought about from the very beginning, but then again, the main concept of the case was built around high airflow. So we thought 1 x 240 and 1 x 240/360 rad support would be enough for those who plans to custom water cool their system over air. Still a valid point though, an extra rad mount behind the board would be appealing to some, depending on what the cooling reference is.

Last edited:
This was something that we have thought about from the very beginning, but then again, the main concept of the case was built around high airflow. So we thought 1 x 240 and 1 x 240/360 rad support would be enough for those who plans to custom water cool their system over air. Still a valid point though, an extra rad mount behind the board would be appealing to some, depending on what the cooling reference is.

Have you seen the back of mine on the previous page?? Couldn't fit another thing in there!

I love the case, just wish it was a little bigger by about 60mm in every direction, oh and i dont like the drive bays, they need to lose the lip inside, had a right job getting my res in. The removable drive cage should be able to be inserted from the outside not the inside.

Last edited:
Have you seen the back of mine on the previous page?? Couldn't fit another thing in there!

I love the case, just wish it was a little bigger by about 60mm in every direction, oh and i dont like the drive bays, they need to lose the lip inside, had a right job getting my res in. The removable drive cage should be able to be inserted from the outside not the inside.

Yes, I have. What I said was more like an afterthought. It would've made the case a little more versatile if that feature was built to it originally, but the focus was not on water cooling but rather air, thus the dimension of the case.

I have a question. Will an AMD 7990 with water block be too big to fit a triple rad, say 60mm, with fans at the front? Fr what I see in pix on Google the 7990 with reference cooler is too big AMD no radiator is gonna fit at the front. Thx

Mine and I'm well chuffed with it. Corsair guy, including a note about the h100i backplate being lose untill the block is tightened down would be good as its paranoid googling time for noobs like me otherwise (and most people still seem to be adding washers rather than following instructions) also a small rubber band holding the plastic cover on the block would be good so it doesen't fall off when fitting the rad exposing the tim to potential damage.

Also looked at my filters again and the bottom of the case has 4 slots under the hot swap bay but the end of each slot are bent down toward the ground stopping the dust filters sitting flush.

Still got to fit custom cables and front fans after buying corsairs performance ones instead of quiet accidentally (The painted rings drying as we speak) Will borrow a decent camera ones it's fully done.

s1ww.jpg

I think corsair really missed a trick with this case. Why no radiator mounting points in the space behind the motherboard tray?

Lol, add a rad mount behind the motherboard you say...hmm...

IMG_2249.jpg

bear in mind I havnt got half the tubing or the res's mounted in that photo!

@Greybeard - I find that very odd indeed. Since seeing this case, to me it looked clearly designed for W/C just being marketed as air, as theres a larger market for that. I don't know any other cases where you can straight bolt in a 360 and a 240mm rad with absolutely no modifications and still have loads of room to work and plenty of grommets to route tubing.

Last edited:
Wondering if anybody here knows which fans are included with the case when purchased? I'm looking for some really high pressure ones and note from the Corsair website that their performance edition is almost double the RPM of the quiet one.

Would be interested to know as I've read mixed reviews about the quality of the included fans.

Can't check what the included fans are but I believe their unique to the case. I've fitted all quiet editions and they rock, they're inaudible and my temps with X fire 280x toxic are still great.

Can't check what the included fans are but I believe their unique to the case. I've fitted all quiet editions and they rock, they're inaudible and my temps with X fire 280x toxic are still great.

I'm sure the fans are great, just concerned about the location of my PC. It's crammed into a corner under my desk with poor airflow so was hoping the high performance fans would compensate for it.

Not too fussed about sound really.

one of ourlots 540s water cooled and a exteme bundle and 780 gtx

hes just getting a new psu and orange psu cables so shouldnt see anything much soon :p

Wondering if anybody here knows which fans are included with the case when purchased? I'm looking for some really high pressure ones and note from the Corsair website that their performance edition is almost double the RPM of the quiet one.

Size - 140mm
Rpm - 1000
Air flow - 67.43 CFM
Air pressure - 0.764 mm/H2O
Noise - 24.2 dB
Power draw (+12v) - .12A

Back
Top Bottom