Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

For those with the h100 radiator. Why do people to choose to fit the fans to the radiator on the top or bottom of it? Mine are on the bottom so sucking warm air from the inside of the case into the rad rather than cool air on the outside. It seems most people choose one or the other.

Does it matter?

Well theoretically it makes more sense to draw cooler air into the rad. Whether it makes a big difference or not, i dont know. Also, having more fans intaking from the outside will increase positive pressure so thats a plus for having it the other way

My adivce would be to have a push/pull configeration so two sets of fans either side of the radiator in the same direction as this is supposed to increase the performance even further.

Results have shown a 1 - 2C decrease in temps. I personally lost 3 - 4C but it was no way near worth the additional fan noise.
Each to their own i guess

Heres my twin loop 540.

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

Since doing this I have managed to hide that pesky Molex in the top right of the massive window :D

CPU and GPU both overclocked to a level im comfortable with and pretty much as far as I can go in terms of safe voltages, GPU never exceeds 36c when gaming, did hit 39 when stressing the card with Furmark however ;)

IMG_2268.jpg

My new 540 case was delivered this afternoon. Didn't take long to transfer everything over from my CM Stacker 810 case.

The only downside is that I am unable to use the front USB ports, as my motherboard doesn't have the connection for it.

Must be my old tech :(

ig8m.jpg

7u8s.jpg

Hey guys, I have the fans mounted on the front, with a radiator behind - is it still possible to fit the fan filter?

I'm, not too sure if it fits or not? And if there's any alternatives if it doesn't?

Thanks!

@Addicted - Yes you can. From the inside out I have

Rad > Fans > Case > Filter >Case Front

Assuming you don't have an extra long GFX card or motherboard 9and you have fan screw holes on both sides of the rad), you can also go

Fans > Rad > Fans > Case > Filter > Case front

Or, if you do have a long GFX card/Mobo you will have to loose the filter and can still go

Fans > Rad > Case > Fans > Case front

Getting one of the Carbide 540 WC cases tomorrow, can't wait! I'll be doing a temp comparison to my RV03 w/Noctua D14 too, see if their's much of a difference :)

I must admit though, I'm getting it partially for the aesthetic value :D

@Addicted - Yes you can. From the inside out I have

Rad > Fans > Case > Filter >Case Front

Assuming you don't have an extra long GFX card or motherboard 9and you have fan screw holes on both sides of the rad), you can also go

Fans > Rad > Fans > Case > Filter > Case front

Or, if you do have a long GFX card/Mobo you will have to loose the filter and can still go

Fans > Rad > Case > Fans > Case front

Ahh yep thats what I mean, so the answer is no :(

I have:

Rad > Case > Fans > Case Front - wanted the fan filter in between.

Just a quick photo, a company who had the BitFenix cables I wanted in stock managed to send me 3 EPS ones instead of 1x EPS and 2x PCI-E, so just a quick photo until I actually have the right cables...

ET9RTId.jpg

My new 540 case was delivered this afternoon. Didn't take long to transfer everything over from my CM Stacker 810 case.

The only downside is that I am unable to use the front USB ports, as my motherboard doesn't have the connection for it.

Interesting you should say that, my Z87 Maximus Formula mobo comes with basically a whole plastic cover on the front of the mobo, its designed in such a way the USB3 header wont plugin to the motherboard because part of it is too thick :|

Interesting you should say that, my Z87 Maximus Formula mobo comes with basically a whole plastic cover on the front of the mobo, its designed in such a way the USB3 header wont plugin to the motherboard because part of it is too thick :|

Weird, I'll not be buying one of those motherboards then ;)

I just needed was a Akasa USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 Adapter Cable. Paid for one late Friday afternoon, and was totally surprised when it turned up first thing Sat morning :)

Decided to try out a UV light.

Before:

After:

It turns the red fans orange which looks good imo, just need more of those fans.

Also look what its done to the cable on my Steelseries Sensei

Looks awesome!

Back
Top Bottom