Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

You should easily be able to mount a few HDD's above the psu bungee cord style.

is any one running a 360 rad in the from of their case with a long gfx card?

I'm thinking of putting one in at the front of mine but not sure if it will hit my 7950?
any one got any pics?

On a side note I have one of the 140mm fans at the top of the case, If I do the two thumb screws up tight at the back the case makes a really annoying high pitched buzz. Any one else found this?

Using a xspc AX 360 in the front of mine with a 780 lightning, there is about a 20mm gap between them.

Edit. My fans are on the front, not on the inside.

Does the front of the case clip on ok with the fans on the outside? Take it you have to ditch the dust filter?

Got any pics? Thinking of a similar set up.

Cheers.

Unimpressed with the demciflex filter kit. Due to the uneven surface of the case they dont sit flush to the case which is problematic when they need to to stick to it with their magnetic strip. Kit should also have been two mediums size ones, one each for top and bottom as the small one dosent cover the top well and wont even attach to the bottom of the case. Gonna have to use some thin foam and sheet metal now to get a solid fit and still leave them easily removable which kinda negates paying for these in the first place.

Which don't sit flush? All of mine do?

All of mine fit fine, and had no issues whatsoever :S

Even the bottom one fits perfectly and sticks fine from the magnets.

Does the front of the case clip on ok with the fans on the outside? Take it you have to ditch the dust filter?

Got any pics? Thinking of a similar set up.

Cheers.

Yep fits with fans fine on the front, no dust filter though as you've said. I just moved mine inside so I could use my dust filter set.

I dont use the dust filter, layout changed since these pics
And i dont use the hot swap bays, cut that section out to take another 240 rad but changed my mind, so need to make a plate to cover hole or i may just use a couple more fans

Last edited:
ooooh dear such a nice case BUT i also want to install more than 2 3.5in HDD's.
can you buy a cage for them or am i better off with the obsidian 750D case?
i originally looked at the Lian li x76 case but they are out of stock :(
any advice?
also this case will have to house a HX1050 psu, large CPU cooler and 2 evga classified GPU's

Last edited:
ooooh dear such a nice case BUT i also want to install more than 2 3.5in HDD's.
can you buy a cage for them or am i better off with the obsidian 750D case?
i originally looked at the Lian li x76 case but they are out of stock :(
any advice?
also this case will have to house a HX1050 psu, large CPU cooler and 2 evga classified GPU's

If you're not planning on using the optical drive bays you could probably get a caddy of some kind to fit in there and give you 3 more 3½" HDD bays.

Tidy!

But how come you don't watercool the motherboard, all you need are 2 fittings? :) http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25161222&postcount=413

I don't think it's really needed. Plus it makes routing a little more complicated. As it is he could swap out the CPU or even the whole motherboard without draining the loop. Connecting the motherboard would probably make that harder (especially changing the motherboard!)

If you're not planning on using the optical drive bays you could probably get a caddy of some kind to fit in there and give you 3 more 3½" HDD bays.

I don't think it's really needed. Plus it makes routing a little more complicated. As it is he could swap out the CPU or even the whole motherboard without draining the loop. Connecting the motherboard would probably make that harder (especially changing the motherboard!)
yes ive been looking at the accessories for this case, i see there is a HDD rack for it but is it for 3 1/2 inch or 2 1/2 inch?
i read that somebody placed their hdd ontop of their psu,which i dont like the idea of.
either i find a retailer that sells he accessories or i go for the obsidian 750D case instead

Which don't sit flush? All of mine do?

All of mine fit fine, and had no issues whatsoever :S

Even the bottom one fits perfectly and sticks fine from the magnets.

Top filter is about 3mm too short to cover all the gaps and sits lose at front and rear sides in the middle of the magnetic strip. Bottome filter fits the top well but does not form a really good seal on the bottom of case. I am using size info on ocuk web page to determine which goes where.

Top gap is 283mm, top filter is 280mm. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
:D just awaiting vga waterblock thats why i'm on qdc's

and heres the messy end!!! :(

You think thats bad.

I present:

EsIYyGw.jpg

I plan to sort the cables out at some point. Sometime. Having the fan controller is a pain, loads more cables, and it even adds one to the 24-pin mobo one as an extension, so its running 2 extensions!

Nice to see you're doing the mobo too though, good choice I must say :P

Last edited:
You think thats bad.

I present:

EsIYyGw.jpg

I plan to sort the cables out at some point. Sometime. Having the fan controller is a pain, loads more cables, and it even adds one to the 24-pin mobo one as an extension, so its running 2 extensions!

Nice to see you're doing the mobo too though, good choice I must say :P

Nice! :D loving the bubblewrap damper!

I'm seriously thinking of custom cables to sort this, but at the end of the day, who cares, you cant see 'em :p

Nice! :D loving the bubblewrap damper!

I'm seriously thinking of custom cables to sort this, but at the end of the day, who cares, you cant see 'em :p

I was thinking the same a few days ago - had the PSU for a good few years now, and figure I'll probably never sell it so I'm tempted to just splice the cables myself! It'd certainly make it tidier, really I want to move my Pump/res to the bottom by the PSU, so I can put the SSD rack back up, and fill it up!

The bubblewrap actually works really well, I used foam padding before, but this seems slightly better :P

Back
Top Bottom