Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

How are you guys finding the dust levels in the case?

It's a little disappointing that the PSU and top don't have dust filters. And before someone says why have a filter on the exhaust, i'm thinking about when the machine is off and dust falls in.

You can buy dust filters for the case here:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-045-DF

Unfortunately I haven't got one so cant comment on how much dust it actually collects.

It IS a bit of a shame that corsair didn't put filters in the roof, floor and PSU side panel.
But £65? Screw that!
I'll get some bug screen, 1mm aluminium sheet and some wee magnets....
Job's a good'un

I believe you can get them per piece if you don't need the whole kit.

I suspect home made will still be cheaper LOL
You can get 100x50cm of sheet aluminium on ebay for less than 20 quid.
Mesh is £5 per meter
5 meters of magnetic tape is £5

Thats less than half the price of that kit for enough materials to do the roof, floor and PSU, even the vents at the back if you want to be OCD about things,
AND still have enough materials to make repairs/replacements.

65 quid is a full on joke.

I mean no offence here, but does anyone else think that 540 builds are all a bit samey?
People rarely seem to show the other side of their case, so I presume the cables are just stuffed in an not tided away and due to the layout of the case there aren't many cables and not much variation.

A lot of people seem to have gone with H100s or similar so it's a change to see an air cooler. Maybe it's just a bit early to see many mods yet...

I mean no offence here, but does anyone else think that 540 builds are all a bit samey?
People rarely seem to show the other side of their case, so I presume the cables are just stuffed in an not tided away and due to the layout of the case there aren't many cables and not much variation.

A lot of people seem to have gone with H100s or similar so it's a change to see an air cooler. Maybe it's just a bit early to see many mods yet...

Its just very new. I for one would NEVER cut into/otherwise alter something until I'm certain of what I want to change after living with it for a while.
The case is VERY modder friendly, it's a bit rivet heavy but I can live with that because I don't think I'll ever paint the internals.

Oh by the way, my cables are VERY tidy, but I, personally never make a big deal about cable management because I think it should be tidy regardless of what you build.

Just received this and I'm having a problem which I'm assuming is easy to fix but I seem to be blanking on potential causes.

My HDD bays aren't recognising the drives I've put in there, while the boot SSD is working fine. Can anyone think of any reason for this?

EDIT: Nevermind, foolish me I just hadn't fully pressed the HDD into it's socket *whoops*

Last edited:
Aren't they quieter?

Actually no.
Theyre just rated for different Max. RPM speeds.
Get the performance ones and get speedfan configured.
Then you get the best of both worlds.
Anyone who opts for 'quiet' versions when a full fat version is available, is either lazy or doesnt know any better IMO.
Theres no valid reason for having them when you can have total control over any fan for free regardless of its stock (full RPM) noise

Last edited:
For those with the h100 radiator. Why do people to choose to fit the fans to the radiator on the top or bottom of it? Mine are on the bottom so sucking warm air from the inside of the case into the rad rather than cool air on the outside. It seems most people choose one or the other.

Does it matter?

Back
Top Bottom