What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
My Longines Hydroconquest is now back on my arms where it belongs after an epic 6 week repair at the factory.

There there now baby... shh... *strokes watch face tenderly*

:D

Associate
What do you guys think of these 2? They are AP Divers, I tried them in the shop and they just felt amazing, the black one is made from ceramic, they are quite big though and I'm not sure if the black one will be timeless, excuse the pun!

n4dDSd1l.png.jpg

DD28Tmxl.jpg

sFw59bo.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The ones posted above yes? Maybe it's those pictures I don't know but those octagon bezels and lug style just doesn't say timeless to me. More of a fashion thing as seen on other watches. Doesn't matter what brand it is.

He asked what we think, that's what I think.

Soldato
What do you guys think of these 2? They are AP Divers, I tried them in the shop and they just felt amazing, the black one is made from ceramic, they are quite big though and I'm not sure if the black one will be timeless, excuse the pun!

I used to like the black ceramic version, but now much prefer the silver after seeing it on a dark brown strap.

6983114121_413a683991_b_zps3bd74672.jpg

”Ball so hard, got a broke clock/Rollies that don’t tick-tock/Audemars that’s losing time, hidden behind all these big rocks”

Last edited:
Associate
Check it out in other pictures, it really grew on me. I think I just have to go to the gym and work on my wrists :p . I have a datejust, but its too formal and I want something a bit more casual.

The price here in the UAE 9800 GBP for steel and 13000 GBP for ceramic, which really is a lot of money to spend on a watch, having said that I just checked the second hand price in the UK and they have the steel going for 9950 GBP!!

Soldato
The ones posted above yes? Maybe it's those pictures I don't know but those octagon bezels and lug style just doesn't say timeless to me. More of a fashion thing as seen on other watches. Doesn't matter what brand it is.

He asked what we think, that's what I think.

Sorry mrk but the royal oak is one of the most timeless watches ever designed. Every other brand has copied the octagonal bezel and visible screws (including the BR02 I'm wearing :p). This is the watch that Gerald Genta called his masterpiece.

Caporegime
Guys, do decent diver moon phase watched exist? I saw the Omega Speedmaster moon phase watch and it is truly spaffworthy, but only 10 bar resistance, and costs around 8k rrp. http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/speedmaster/moonwatch/professional-moonphase/31130443201001

I'm looking for something at least 20 bar and in the Longines price range... any ideas? :)

EDIT - Oooh Oris Prodiver Moon... looks sexy! http://www.oris.ch/en/watches/oris-prodiver-pointer-moon/01-761-7682-7134-set

Pretty sexy. 49mm though. :eek:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Guys, do decent diver moon phase watched exist? I saw the Omega Speedmaster moon phase watch and it is truly spaffworthy, but only 10 bar resistance, and costs around 8k rrp.

I'm looking for something at least 20 bar and in the Longines price range... any ideas? :)

moonphase and diver is a bit of wierd combo so prob very thin on the ground

divers normally want watches to be unbusy wherever possible and moon phase watches often have a lot going on

there is the Valjoux 7751 movement which is a moonphase version of the 7750 so you can buy affordable moonphase watches with chrono (ie £700 (more likely 1000)+)

Caporegime
moonphase and diver is a bit of wierd combo so prob very thin on the ground

divers normally want watches to be unbusy wherever possible and moon phase watches often have a lot going on

there is the Valjoux 7751 movement which is a moonphase version of the 7750 so you can buy affordable moonphase watches with chrono (ie £700 (more likely 1000)+)

Yeah I can see from Googling they're rare, but I wondered if people knew any models I may have missed.

10-15 bar could be ok at a push, to allow some normal swimming :)

Check out the Oris diver moon pointer. IMO a very cool watch with a different take on the moon phase dial.

Hehe great minds think alike, see my edit. Its bloody huge though at 49mm. :)

Back
Top Bottom