Type R and VTEC owners

Nice - looks rapid.

This is how VTEC engines need to be driven, the lack of torque is a crap arguement and used by people who can't drive :D

Did you lift on the skid ?

only when I totally lost control.

I had my foot in, caught it and tried to keep the power on once I got the wheel.

I honestly thought I had rescued it but as soon as I got the car straight again then it snapped the other way.

I have learned the importance of not lifting when doing 100+ through craners though. :p

Epic day and I won the trophy for fastest lap it turns out with a 1:24.9 in the 911 taking it easier than I normally would as on ceramics :)

RJK's heroics were superb and great fun apart from all the gravel and grass covering me, lol :D

I thought you would have enjoyed your dust bath Gibbo?

The interior of my car is full of stones, dust and grass cuttings.
#roadsterlifestyle.

I won the trophy for fastest lap it turns out with a 1:24.9

was there any more info on who's laps were fastest?
given I managed a 01:29, I'm pretty pleased with that. Spanking the Ferrari was a good feeling.

p9GDs4a.jpg

Last edited:
Spent about an hour this evening tidying up my lenses a bit. They were horrendously cloudy so I thought it was about time I got to work on them.

Before:

10592742_10152340110673063_9102496428073579130_n.jpg

After:

10530927_10152340110753063_6437821363989360730_n.jpg

10534652_10152340110853063_6626582590208617986_n.jpg

Used the Meguiar's Headlight Restoration Kit. I've used it before but only the polish and it brought them up quite nicely, but they turned cloudy again within a month or two. This time I took to wet sanding them before using the polish, and it really has worked a treat! About 20 to 30 minutes work on each headlight this evening to get them back to that condition. Might have another shot at the weekend just to get the last couple of marks out!

Good job! I think every DC5 has needed this at one time or another. I did the same thing with mine. A damn sight cheaper than buying new lenses

I thought you would have enjoyed your dust bath Gibbo?

The interior of my car is full of stones, dust and grass cuttings.
#roadsterlifestyle.

was there any more info on who's laps were fastest?
given I managed a 01:29, I'm pretty pleased with that. Spanking the Ferrari was a good feeling.

p9GDs4a.jpg

Nothing concrete and they were only timing in the earlier part of the day, hence why I won, otherwise the M3 would have the trophy as he was doing 1:22 area on slicks when he went Atom hunting which was clocking around 1:20 and driven by a professional.

I think the only other car sub 1:30 was the R35 GTR and it only managed it once as it had brake issues afterwards. :(

The guy in the Ferrari was a true weapon and it lived up to its name by doing several 360's, he even got blacked flagged for doing so, lol! Shame as I'd have love to have had a play with it if someone decent was behind the wheel. :)

Car made 244 bhp today, happy with that. As expected the Mase base map with standard cat still on made little difference, little bit torque low down but that was it. At least I now have a datalog of a dyno pull I can email him.

Car made 244 bhp today, happy with that. As expected the Mase base map with standard cat still on made little difference, little bit torque low down but that was it. At least I now have a datalog of a dyno pull I can email him.
Told you so :p. what fuel you using anyway?

Why didn't you have the cat on ?

I thought you were selling flash pro ?

Back
Top Bottom