• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Soldato
VC said that "760 is pretty much backbone of 970" so maybe it's the 760 pcb but with a hamstrung Maxwell?

EK only has 980 listed on cooling config.

here is the Inno3D 970 PCB, note the Nvidia written on PCIe slot, this normally denotes reference design

wD4sNie.jpg

edit: 760 ref pcb

uYaizzf.jpg

I have it on good authority that a 670 EK CSQ block fits the inno3d 970 will confirm when stock lands as we have 3 670 blocks going cheap :)

OcUK Staff
Best Kingpin over there is 2102

NVidia need to tweak the drivers a bit for Firestrike 3 way SLI with these new cards and then the graphics scores will be huge for that bench.

That will fall easily. I got 2000 without really trying, older 344.07 drivers and CPU at 4.60GHz, the new drivers alone are probably enough to take that down. :)

Soldato
Ordered a Gigabyte 970 for tomorrow delivery yay!

Question for you, a clan buddy wants to order the same card, he's running a 3750k at stock and 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM - would either of those cause a bottleneck at all?

Associate
I am looking at the EVGA 980 and see they have an SC version too. Is this just a factory overclocked card and does it mean it will overclock better than the normal 980? Is the cheaper card exactly the same but without the factory OC?

Associate
I am looking at the EVGA 980 and see they have an SC version too. Is this just a factory overclocked card and does it mean it will overclock better than the normal 980? Is the cheaper card exactly the same but without the factory OC?

I was wondering if they bin better ones for the SC if not I can see the no SC ones should clock the same /shrug

Back
Top Bottom