• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Caporegime
really !!!!! i dont think AMD have anything to worry about

Have YOU heard anything bar a whisper on their next gen? Because I sure haven't, and I browse 20+ tech sites a day!!

Just hope I'm wrong, but it feels like AMD won't counter this for 2/3 months minimum (and in that time nVidia are gonna sell a LOT of these!)

Soldato
patience because there's nothing AMD can do....Nvidia have won this for now, but AMD are bound to bounce back.. because the wise thing to do is to wait for next years AMD cards anyway, it's too late for this year

you'll never see a true AMD fan switching to Nvidia......... yea they'll sell loads of these, but only to Nvidia fans

there's only one thing that's important :- that they get the cooling right on next years Dual card.....i'll really be watching for this

Caporegime
The 970 will appeal to more just "Nvidia fans". Anyone who conforms to being a vendor biased fan to the point they won't go with another vendor is a tool.
I'm an AMD fan by all means, but more than anything I want to get a 970 SLI :p

Man of Honour
The 970 will appeal to more just "Nvidia fans". Anyone who conforms to being a vendor biased fan to the point they won't go with another vendor is a tool.
I'm an AMD fan by all means, but more than anything I want to get a 970 SLI :p

Hmm some people might have problems with the way nVidia do business at an ethical level and refuse to touch them on principle and I wouldn't blame them though its not a view I entirely agree with personally and vice versa personally I don't like how AMD plays politics especially with their own community and not a fan of their software either - I'd rather pay more money to get the nVidia drivers which at the very least suit me better even not touching on other considerations.

Caporegime
patience because there's nothing AMD can do....Nvidia have won this for now, but AMD are bound to bounce back.. because the wise thing to do is to wait for next years AMD cards anyway, it's too late for this year

you'll never see a true AMD fan switching to Nvidia......... yea they'll sell loads of these, but only to Nvidia fans

there's only one thing that's important :- that they get the cooling right on next years Dual card.....i'll really be watching for this

So you think people who are happy to buy a card that suits there budget would look and say "well, I am not an nVidia fan, so I best not bother with these". You couldn't be further from the truth. The price for the 970 is right in the sweetspot and power/performance is fantastic. The neutral guy will buy what suits best and the 970 is ticking all the boxes.

Caporegime
Hmm some people might have problems with the way nVidia do business at an ethical level and refuse to touch them on principle and I wouldn't blame them though its not a view I entirely agree with personally and vice versa personally I don't like how AMD plays politics especially with their own community and not a fan of their software either - I'd rather pay more money to get the nVidia drivers which at the very least suit me better even not touching on other considerations.

I tend to buy AMD exclusively, but I'm not going to forgo Nvidia if they release a product that resonates with me :p

Caporegime
I prefer Nvidia, but it won't stop me swinging between the two vendors to whichever suits my needs at any given time.

Same as, although I have a G-Sync monitor now, so pretty much tied into nVidia if I want to keep smooth gameplay but I like to think of myself as an enthusiast in hardware and if AMD bring out a stonker of a card, I would give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom