• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Soldato
VC said that "760 is pretty much backbone of 970" so maybe it's the 760 pcb but with a hamstrung Maxwell?

EK only has 980 listed on cooling config.

here is the Inno3D 970 PCB, note the Nvidia written on PCIe slot, this normally denotes reference design

wD4sNie.jpg

edit: 760 ref pcb

uYaizzf.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
will buy 970 msi gamer when i get rid of mine 770 msi gamer oc should be tasty :eek:

edit : i think 970 msi gamer has no backplate(someone confirm) bit of a shame but still should be good

Yeah, it has no back plate, which is a bit of a shame, as this would
have been my first choice for a 970.

It will be an awesome card though :D

For some people, it won't bother them, but for some reason it bothers me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really torn now. 970 sli looks like amazing value, but I am not sure if I want 2 gpus again. The heat and noise can sometimes be annoying, not to mention games which won't see the second card until either an update or driver is released. So I may just get one gtx 980 and be done with it - or would one gtx 970 be enough ? I game at 1080p@120hz.

Soldato
Yeah, it has no back plate, which is a bit of a shame, as this would
have been my first choice for a 970.

It will be an awesome card though :D

For some people, it won't bother them, but for some reason it bothers me.

black psb should be not a problem not like i go to lans anymore just clean it once a month or so

Associate
I'm really torn now. 970 sli looks like amazing value, but I am not sure if I want 2 gpus again. The heat and noise can sometimes be annoying, not to mention games which won't see the second card until either an update or driver is released. So I may just get one gtx 980 and be done with it - or would one gtx 970 be enough ? I game at 1080p@120hz.

I thought the exact same thing mate, I always prefer a single card option but the performance of the 970's in SLI is just incredible. For only £100 more than a 980 I have a ridiculously powerful machine which should last a while :)

Soldato
I thought the exact same thing mate, I always prefer a single card option but the performance of the 970's in SLI is just incredible. For only £100 more than a 980 I have a ridiculously powerful machine which should last a while :)

Let us know how you get on with the sli 970's. I would really like to know your opinion on the the heat and noise of these.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom