• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 960 Owners Thread

Associate
Interested to know what games everyone is playing on these and what settings you can run them at? I really want to upgrade my aging radeon 5850 and not sure to pull the pin on a 960 or wait for a 960 Ti whenever that may be.

Man of Honour
OP
Just tried installing my 960s on an old 3960X system but it is a no go and I am getting error message AE on the RIVE board. I think this is down to the fact it is an old CPU and old bios on the motherboard.

I am building another 5960X system in the next couple of weeks so I will give the cards a go in there.:)

Associate
Am i the only one who thinks the base model of the 960 is a little overpriced? I was considering either the 960 or waiting for the ti version.
I'm currently on a 1gb msi 560ti, so it would be a big improvement.
But I have to admit I am a little put off by how much it costs for the performance you get.

Associate
Am i the only one who thinks the base model of the 960 is a little overpriced? I was considering either the 960 or waiting for the ti version.
But I have to admit I am a little put off by how much it costs for the performance you get.

I am in a similar situation with a 1gb radeon 5850. I read something last night that said there may be 4gb versions coming out at the start of March. I don't know how much salt we need to take with that though. I can't find any info about the ti version at all. Not sure I can wait much longer to be honest!

Associate

Same here but not really surprised as its NVIDIA :rolleyes:

Soldato

It's a ripoff.

Back
Top Bottom