• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***AMD Freesync owners thread***

Associate
It is still down to personal preference, personally, playing lots of games with a dark background and prefering to play in low light conditions i will take TN over IPS as IPS glow does my head in and the swift still edges out the IPS for motion clarity

I'm actually hoping the curved gsync thingy isnt ips either

Sounds to me like you want to discover VA! :) TN's overly bright blacks can jog on... (Also the Eizo demonstrated that VA could match TN for motion clarity, very impressive screen and hope there is a follow up with adaptive sync and a nicer look! :p)

Having said that, I'll not be getting any adaptive sync monitor any time soon - I'd love to but not enough to break my normal update cycle, just recently upgraded my monitor anyway :(

Soldato
I'd be willing to give VA a go, just anything except IPS
I don't have any issue with "bright blacks" on the ROG though, not with just a small dab of gamma adjustment

Soldato
Any pictures of the monitors on people's desks?

Couldn't do anything about the sun, if I removed it the image became very dark.

IMAG0686.jpg

Soldato
Shankly I dont think its x2 of them but my eyes are playing up and cant find my glasses so i could be wrong hehe is it x2 of them or just 1 and another Benq?

Soldato
Ahhhh from the heat of your 290's?:)

I am wanting a 1440 144hz monitor but knowing my luck I will get one and a 4k 144hz one will come out, Plus they are a bit pricey right now.

:p
Nar this house is new so it keeps the cold out quite well..

Shankly I dont think its x2 of them but my eyes are playing up and cant find my glasses so i could be wrong hehe is it x2 of them or just 1 and another Benq?

Nar just the one, in front. The other is an older BenQ 120hz XL2420T

Back
Top Bottom