BenQ XL2730Z Freesync Owners Thread

Man of Honour
Assuming the panel is similar to the Swift and the gamma profiles are inline with BenQ's typical ones then gamma 4 or 5 will be needed with that monitor and massively boost how pleasing it looks.

Most people settle on somewhere around user colors R 95-96, G 95-96, B 100 on the Swift, along with contrast 50, brightness somewhere around 50 subject to taste, sharpness 5 - but don't know how transferable to the BenQ that is.

Associate
OP
Thanks Captain.

I heard this panel was basically the ROG Swift but with some improvements.

Gamma 4-5 does improve the picture massively over 1-3.

Associate
OP
This worked for me.

I have got the monitor to run at 144hz without flickering AND it also fixed all my games that flickered at 1440p too!

I used the ATI patch, download and install from here http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

and

Download and install CRU Toastyx from here http://www.monitortests.com/atikmdag-patcher-1.3.2.zip

and a new Detail Res and Set to to 143.95Hz. Save and restart the PC. On restart for to your monitor properties and select 144hz from the drop down.

Arma 3 full screen https://i.imgur.com/uuhIrHs.jpg

j80vvAV.png

XR77bXB.png

j91Zhmp.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I believe they are au optronics (part of the BenQ group). Either M270Q002 or a slightly newer revision.

(If the information I have is correct then unlike other 120/144Hz panels which basically worked off an existing TN design these started life as a spin off from AHVA development and started life closer to a HFFS design - the resulting panel however as used here is still very much a TN).

Thats a relief

Anyone except LG would do me

Man of Honour
When you edit the settings it depends what picture mode you're currently using to how it will look. Those settings on FPS 1 picture mode for example look a lot different to the same settings on the standard picture mode.

Mostly using standard picture mode, along with the settings posted. Have also performed the refresh rate fix - fixes the desktop and games such as dying light.

Thanks for the post Scramz :)

Associate
OP
Also, I was getting poor performance overall on Arma 3 and I come to realise that I never set my game parameters to use more Vram as I have gone up to 1440p so it is silky smooth now.

-cpuCount=8 -maxMem=8192 -maxVRAM=4096 -noSplash -skipIntro -world=Altis -noPause

I will add the fix on the first post.

Associate
OP
From 1080p to 1440p, i didnt a Thief benchmark on very high mantle settings and it was using 3.8gb Vram!

@Ayahuasca, did you try the parameters on Arma 3, it helped the game run smoother as before the game was limiting it to 2gb which was causing stuttering. After I change it to use 4gb the FPS was about the same but no more stuttering.

Soldato
Also, I was getting poor performance overall on Arma 3 and I come to realise that I never set my game parameters to use more Vram as I have gone up to 1440p so it is silky smooth now.

-cpuCount=8 -maxMem=8192 -maxVRAM=4096 -noSplash -skipIntro -world=Altis -noPause

I will add the fix on the first post.

Doing some great work on this thread Scramz :) I don't have the BenQ yet, but it's on my shortlist, so I am following developments here closely and it seems like you are finding simple solutions for every problem so far. Good job!!

Back
Top Bottom