• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Man of Honour
OP
Oh hi! Look what just dropped in :)

7ez13S8l.jpg.png

And on the board.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

51cMBoe.png

Associate
Hi guys I asked this before but didn't get an answer is the Titan X roughly equal to 2 x 780ti in SLI?

I am looking to maybe do this as I am gaming at 1600P and the 3GB of the 780ti is an issue sometimes.

I would say sli 780 not Ti, thats a big statement considering 780 ti SLI is better than a R9 295x and the R9 295x beats the X in most things

Soldato
Now people are actually using these does anyone have a real world/gaming based opinion as to how these perform at 1440p vs two XFire 7970s (Haswell 5820 @ 4.2Ghz/16GB DDR4 so I'm assuming not much in the way of CPU bottle neck).

I'm guessing about the same and maybe a little better (albeit on a single GPU of course).

**Edit** Ahh, didn't see the above answer to an earlier question which sounds like i'm about right (ish)

Last edited:
Associate
Now people are actually using these does anyone have a real world/gaming based opinion as to how these perform at 1440p vs two XFire 7970s (Haswell 5820 @ 4.2Ghz/16GB DDR4 so I'm assuming not much in the way of CPU bottle neck).

I'm guessing about the same and maybe a little better (albeit on a single GPU of course).

**Edit** Ahh, didn't see the above answer to an earlier question which sounds like i'm about right (ish)

It's a slight bit ahead and smoother than Crossfire R9-290s (even with games that have good CFX support) for me @ 4K. It will be a good bit faster than the 7970s.

Associate
Water block ordered from ek along with a new case Phanteks Enthoo Primo Full Tower Case and a new full custom water loop to go inside :) should all be here by the end of next week. will get my pic of of my titan x and user name for roll of honour up on sunday.

Associate
I haven't been able to unlock voltage using AB as of yet, latest version on an MSI TX.

Have you guys done this ?

Seek UnofficialOverclockingEULA field and add following text:

I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it

Set UnofficialOverclockingMode to 1 to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs), 2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay or to 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path.

Soldato
Have you guys done this ?

I haven't as yet. Might wait til i've got a big slab of copper on it before I am concerned with adding voltage.
Seem able to hit 1400ish fairly comfortably on stock volts. Highest I got it to pass Firestrike and Heaven bench was 1427 although throttled on occasion. Unsure if due to thermals or power limit. Not looking to push things due to the rig I'm using only having a 550w superflower psu.

Gaming wise Watch_Dogs needed me to back off the overclock slightly as +250 and +240 were causing instability. Not done a huge amount of testing thus far. First impressions are 1) very very quick 2) very very loud if wanting to use a custom profile to keep temps a wee bit lower.

Soldato
You getting backplates Scone?

I am in 2 minds. Got backplates on my Ti's and it really makes the card look better, but the memory temps on the back of the TX are a concern for me.

EDIT: apologies I seen your later reply regarding backplates.

Back
Top Bottom