• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
have any of you SLI guys noticed any micro stutter yet?

I'd be very interested in this too. The sole reason I've gone Titan X from SLI 780 Ti's is to try and eliminate micro stutter once and for all. And in my testing so far, it's going very well!
It does irk me a bit when I see people saying 'go for one Titan x, single fast card is always the Best way' and then they go and get 2 of the buggers. Surely if you do this you're right back in the same boat no?

Or, is Titan x somehow different in SLI than previous cards with regards to micro stutter. Genuine question as I seem to recall one titan x review that had SLI as well as single, and the dropped frames and fcat figures were amazing for titan x SLI. The results for SLI seemed better than a single card, which seemed very odd and unlikely to me....

Associate
None at all. In every game I have played (and I have tested loads), it has been super smooth. You having problems?

No still on single card, but im going to order in a few weeks when they come back in stock, thought id ask because I don't actually need a 2nd card with 1440p and I don't want to introduce issues for no reason :)

If that makes sense lol

the 2 980s had stutter in a couple of games like mordor and flickered in Dragon age Inquision & watch dogs

all the above run sweet on a single card BTW

Caporegime
If I am going to be brutally honest, I say stick with 1 card for the ROG Swift. 2 cards work well but still the occasional problem in some games (flickering textures in FarCry 4 with SSAO - Occasioal stutter in B:AO).

Of course these are minor problems and very rare, so part of me goes against what I first said but knowing what I do, I would have been happy to stay on 1 card for 1440P :)

Associate
If I am going to be brutally honest, I say stick with 1 card for the ROG Swift. 2 cards work well but still the occasional problem in some games (flickering textures in FarCry 4 with SSAO - Occasioal stutter in B:AO).

Of course these are minor problems and very rare, so part of me goes against what I first said but knowing what I do, I would have been happy to stay on 1 card for 1440P :)

I think the best option is getting 2 cards.

Disable one if you have any sorts of SLI issues in specific games.

The best of both worlds :D

Associate
Finally got round to this:

16788811818_c942d3ee58_c.jpg

Caporegime
Whilst waiting for my Titan X's to arrive (still waiting) I was playing Far Cry 4 on my 2nd PC at the weekend.

4770k @ 4.4Ghz
Palit Jetstream 980 GTX
8GB Ram

Settings were:
2160p
Ultra
AA Off
Nvidia Gameworks settings on (Fur, Godrays, HBAO+ etc)

Was getting 30 fps average according to Afterburner, but no stuttering.

I'd previously played it with Crossfire (295x2/290x) and there was horrible stuttering. That was ultimately alleviated by enabling VSYNC & Triple Buffering, but introduced input lag.

How does Far Cry 4 do with SLI? Is it the same thing that it doesn't play nice?

In light of this:
I think the best option is getting 2 cards.

Disable one if you have any sorts of SLI issues in specific games.

The best of both worlds :D

What will be better for Far Cry 4?
1x Titan X
or
2x Titan X SLI?

Last edited:
Associate
Whilst waiting for my Titan X's to arrive (still waiting) I was playing Far Cry 4 on my 2nd PC at the weekend.

4770k @ 4.4Ghz
Palit Jetstream 980 GTX
8GB Ram

Settings were:
2160p
Ultra
AA Off
Nvidia Gameworks settings on (Fur, Godrays, HBAO+ etc)

Was getting 30 fps average according to Afterburner, but no stuttering.

I'd previously played it with Crossfire (295x2/290x) and there was horrible stuttering. That was ultimately alleviated by enabling VSYNC & Triple Buffering, but introduced input lag.

How does Far Cry 4 do with SLI? Is it the same thing that it doesn't play nice?

In light of this:

What will be better for Far Cry 4?
1x Titan X
or
2x Titan X SLI?

Let me give it a roll with one card at those settings and get back to you later today.

Associate
Let me give it a roll with one card at those settings and get back to you later today.

I played FC4 over the weekend with one card and it played brilliant I even went online and did some Co-op with my brother and it was a very smooth experience especially with G-Sync

edit: sorry didn't see that you had it at 2160p rez, not sure about that rez

Soldato
Bit late to the picture party as I actually got this on Friday, but here we go.....a brilliant Titanic cat for a brilliant Titanic card (I must insist that all future pics feature an animal too) :D

6rluvq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom