• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

I have been benching my Titan X last few days and getting some good results which I will post up soon.

However decided to play COD AW tonight and everything was running sweet when suddenly it crashed. The memory usage had got to about 9.7 gb on the card and there was some sort of memory error message. I presume this game caches to memory before it got that high.
The card was at stock with a custom fan profile.
Anyone come across this problem with COD AW?

The memory usage had got to about 9.7 gb on the card and there was some sort of memory error message. I presume this game caches to memory before it got that high.

GPUs will cache almost all of the data read by the card and only remove from cache when needed, this is why you can hit 10GB vram usage in a game and yet someone with a 4GB card could run the game without issues caused by a lack of vram. Most on this forum don't grasp this and think if they see a game exceed a certain amount of vram then cards with less vram will experience performance issues.

You'll want at least 2 for 4K, no question. (G-Sync or no G-Sync).

I still think you need two cards for 1440p if you want to maintain the level of performance you'd expect for your money. Again G-Sync or no G-Sync.

I have been benching my Titan X last few days and getting some good results which I will post up soon.

However decided to play COD AW tonight and everything was running sweet when suddenly it crashed. The memory usage had got to about 9.7 gb on the card and there was some sort of memory error message. I presume this game caches to memory before it got that high.
The card was at stock with a custom fan profile.
Anyone come across this problem with COD AW?

I think it's your pagefile. It happened to someone else and this vid helped them fix it.

You'll want at least 2 for 4K, no question. (G-Sync or no G-Sync).

I still think you need two cards for 1440p if you want to maintain the level of performance you'd expect for your money. Again G-Sync or no G-Sync.

One card OCed is fine for 1440p and 4K with some compromises (no AA and/or lowering settings mostly @ 4K). I personally haven't had a problem with any game with one OCed Titan X at 4K (I'm really fussy btw about my framerate :))

Maxing out games yes you will need 2 to hold 60 FPS +.

Last edited:
I think it's your pagefile. It happened to someone else and this vid helped them fix it.

One card OCed is fine for 1440p and 4K with some compromises (no AA and/or lowering settings mostly @ 4K). I personally haven't had a problem with any game with one OCed Titan X at 4K (I'm really fussy btw about my framerate :))

Maxing out games yes you will need 2 to hold 60 FPS +.

Even without AA one card is futile at 4K. we obviously have different standards :p

Playing all my games, BF4/BFH Dying light and Farcry4 with no issues at all at 4K, no AA of course but on my 28" it isn't needed, nice smooth game play, handles it well, much smoother than my CF290X's.....when it worked. BF games run around 90FPS average, Dying light around 60 and Farcry 4 around 50fps average.

Back
Top Bottom