*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
Tried it with just one fan on Fan 1 nothing, it should be able to run a single fan without the Sata power, but with or without Sata power, it does nothing.

Tried 3 Pin and 4 Pin Fans no joy on either hub.

Tried a Modmytoys Hub, it works fine, but offers no control on speed, I run my fans at 800 ish RPM so need to get some sort of controller that is small and can hide in the case :)

Finished off building yesterday and I see what you mean now. The 3 fans I have connected to the hub just run at full speed. Admittedly I haven't had time to fiddle in the BIOS, setting up a fan curve. Hopefully that sorts it, otherwise I'll have to look for another controller or one of those PWM splitter cables. Would mean having to swap the fans out for the PWM version of the Noctua's.

Soldato
I contacted Phanteks and they are sending me a replacement controller. Hopefully it does fix it.

I actually do think its slowing them down from full speed now but only from say 1600rpm to 1350rpm which is still too fast. Was hoping to have them run at 800-1000rpm.

A quick internal pic of my mATX Evolve for those who dont read the project log subsection. Not finished but getting close.

DSC_0037%202.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I contacted Phanteks and they are sending me a replacement controller. Hopefully it does fix it.

I actually do think its slowing them down from full speed now but only from say 1600rpm to 1350rpm which is still too fast. Was hoping to have them run at 800-1000rpm.

Nice build

I tried 2 Phanteks ones with no luck would not even spin up one fan.

Associate
Finished off building yesterday and I see what you mean now. The 3 fans I have connected to the hub just run at full speed. Admittedly I haven't had time to fiddle in the BIOS, setting up a fan curve. Hopefully that sorts it, otherwise I'll have to look for another controller or one of those PWM splitter cables. Would mean having to swap the fans out for the PWM version of the Noctua's.

If your just using 3 fans a splitter would be fine, just split 2 and take another single cable from your M/Board 3Pin fan will work ok from M/Board, just don't use the CPU header as power.

Soldato
What's that big think in the middle with the fan bolted to it.?

Sorry who are you asking that to?

If your just using 3 fans a splitter would be fine, just split 2 and take another single cable from your M/Board 3Pin fan will work ok from M/Board, just don't use the CPU header as power.

Sorry can you explain what you mean?

Associate
Sorry who are you asking that to?

Sorry can you explain what you mean?

If you are using 3 - 3Pin fans just use a splitter cable from a motherboard header and set the speed you want in the bios, but not from the CPU / PWM header.

You could use a 3 Fan splitter cable a 2 way splitter or 3 single cables connected to the motherboard headers.

A 4Pin fan will work from a 3Pin header, via voltage control to adjust speed.

You might get the Phanteks board to work so would save using other headers.

Soldato
Ok thanks will give it a go.

The top cover on the Matx version is only vented at the rear and small holes at the side it makes a big difference to temps being fitting. Im not sure if its the same with the larger versions of the case but the front of the top panel has a sealed end but I see no reason why.

DSC_0043%203.jpg

I have removed it and you can feel a good amount of air escaping out the front so I think i may mod it alittle to allow air to exit the front also.

Last edited:
Associate
What sort of temps are you guys getting on Watercooled ?

As for the case, decent quality.

- 24 Pin access on EATX Poor slot does not line up, maybe ok on other Boards.
- Cable exit above PSU cover would have been better back to front slot.
- Temp increases about 4/6 Degrees with sides front on.
- Few little marks on coating
- Fan Hub don't work, tried 2
- Door Hinges loose.

Perhaps they will do a revision on the case.

Associate
Ok thanks will give it a go.

The top cover on the Matx version is only vented at the rear and small holes at the side it makes a big difference to temps being fitting. Im not sure if its the same with the larger versions of the case but the front of the top panel has a sealed end but I see no reason why.

I have removed it and you can feel a good amount of air escaping out the front so I think i may mod it alittle to allow air to exit the front also.

How are you finding temps, decent / bad ?

I think the cases needs a few tweeks in the design.

Back
Top Bottom