*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
You'd have to try 2 x 360 in the case and see what would need modding.

No one has 2 360's fitted afaik so don't know how it would effect flow, can't see it making much difference though.

What hardware are you fitting that would need 2 x 360 ? or is it just looks.

I have built a new system i7 5820k and evga 980ti copper edition

so giving my son my 2 r9 390 Asus full cover blocks and overclocked so 1 360 for them, temps are high on the current 240mm rad cooling them

And also a 8350 overclocked to 4.9Ghz so that's toasty as well, so the other rad for that

Got case this morning gonna try later when kids are in bed to see how much work it will be to fit both

And 2's better than one lol

Last edited:
Associate
I have 3 GPU's and a 5930k running on a 360 and a 240, so that should work for you.

Only problem I have with the case is space, it's just a little tight sizewise, but everything fits in.

Associate
For anyone that is running a Rad on the front and top.....how have you got your Airflow running?

I have the air coming in through the front Rad and then out through the top rad and out the back...now my temps on the CPU (5930K @ 4.5Ghz @ 1.2v) gets up to about 55c in Games and the GTX 980ti Hydrocopper is about 48 degrees during gaming which overall I'm happy with......but the case itself and the temp inside is like a small oven and if I touch the top of the case when gaming it feels like a Radiator....just wondering if people have the same experience and or if their flow is different?

Associate
i have the same cpu and hydrocopper 980ti and about same temps francky....the top does get hot,i am going to run it with top off and see if it makes a difference,i have rear fan reversed to bring extra cool air in,360 on top res and 240 res on front.

Associate
yeah I was thinking about reversing the rear fan, but need a good fan filter first, as that will dump loads of dust into the case otherwise.

Wouldn't taking the top off make it look ugly as hell? Do feel that the top should have been vented rather than solid, as the flow of hot air moving up from the top rad, just sort of sits in the top compartment rather than flow out into the room.

Just worry about my RAM or MB components getting too hot with the ambient temp inside the case being pretty high, even though the GPU and CPU are fairly cool.

Associate
just wanted to see what change it made to temp inside case,with top off inside case isnt that hot now and temps dont creep up,think i might mod top for more hot air removal :).
i have fan filter fitted for rear fan,worth a try ,pulls cool air over cpu and ram.
i like the case,but the top does need a rethink by phanteks

Caporegime
Very nice indeed!

If I remember I'll take a few shots of mine :) What kind of temps are you getting?

My 4790k will hit 78c depending on the game but my CPU cooler needs placing for sure. H100i is now easily 2 years old. MSI 980Ti 6G tops at 65c :D Love it!

Pretty similair temps to what I was getting on the 4790k and 6g snips. And iirc my chip was running a much higher vcore than yours for 4.7ghz.

Soldato
My Evolv ATX

DSCN1385.jpg

Associate
Hey guys started my build tonight I have a xspc 360 fitted in top and another in the front with the fans in pull, had to loose fan filter on front ad I mounted the rad where the fans would be and fans on the inside so 2 360 are possible with a small sacrifice of fan filter.

As build isn't finished I can't give temps yet, its for test purposes so if it doesn't work then will drop to a 240mm

Will post pics in next day or so

Associate
Hey guys started my build tonight I have a xspc 360 fitted in top and another in the front with the fans in pull, had to loose fan filter on front ad I mounted the rad where the fans would be and fans on the inside so 2 360 are possible with a small sacrifice of fan filter.

As build isn't finished I can't give temps yet, its for test purposes so if it doesn't work then will drop to a 240mm

Will post pics in next day or so

Be interesting to see, never thought there would be space for 3 fans internally with a 360 on top, must be a thin rad I assume.

You could always fit filters on the rad to stop the dust.

Tempwise these cases are not really the greatest anyway, I was going to change to a 280 in the front, but they were badly finished paintwise, after 2 I gave up for now.

Associate
So I have finally managed to get my machine up and running and I love my new setup ( signature to be updated momentarily :p). However I do have a question regarding the fan speed, thankfully my pwm hub seems to be working and my fans are spinning, however they seem to be a bit loud and are running around 1300 RPM. I have the hub connected to my chassis fan header on my motherboard but I can't seem to control the speed at all either via my BIOS or through AI suite 3 in Windows. Ideally I want to have them running at around 800 to 900 RPM. Am I missing something or can the fan speed not actually be controlled via the pwm hub?

Thanks for the help guys

Associate
So I have finally managed to get my machine up and running and I love my new setup ( signature to be updated momentarily :p). However I do have a question regarding the fan speed, thankfully my pwm hub seems to be working and my fans are spinning, however they seem to be a bit loud and are running around 1300 RPM. I have the hub connected to my chassis fan header on my motherboard but I can't seem to control the speed at all either via my BIOS or through AI suite 3 in Windows. Ideally I want to have them running at around 800 to 900 RPM. Am I missing something or can the fan speed not actually be controlled via the pwm hub?

Thanks for the help guys

I never had any luck with the hubs, you have 3 options :)

Fan Controller stuck out the way.
Run from M/Board Headers
Fans that are set to 900 RPM

Associate

Thanks for the help guys

It can...you sure you have it connected via the right cable that has a label on it "to the motherboard header" as I can control mine through the bios fine.

Associate
so I figured out what the problem was, basically my fan headers were set to DC in BIOS instead of PWM. So once I changed the setting, I now have fan speed control and now have a whisper quiet system.

Back
Top Bottom