What watch do you wear?

OMG - I have a Seiko kinetic not touched it in years, this is my first auto :(

I feel a bit silly now, will check as soon as I get home

Thanks for that MV

EDIT: Model is SRP309J do I just unscrew and wind for 30 seconds?

Haha, it's easily done :)

I have had Citizen Eco-Drives as dailies for years and could see why this might happen :D

I would just give it a 3-4 turns and then wear it. Should keep it alive fine!

It depends on the movement. Some Seikos don't have manual wind either.

For those you just have to move the watch around a bit to give it an initial winding, set date/time then stick it on your wrist for a day to get it "charged" up

The cheaper Monsters have the 4R36 movement, which can be hand wound, the more costly versions have the 6R15 which can also be hand wound.

I've never heard of hand wiidng a kinetic though, not even sure how that would work at all.

No happy :(

Ordered and received my Seiko monster from creation last week and it's not stopped working, not even put it on yet, they are telling me to take it to a shop to get it repaired, offering me $15 as a gesture or send it back to them for repair?

Gutted....

The GOOD thing now, is that you can go from gutted to delighted in about 10 seconds after you start winding :-)

I don't use a winder here, but I tend to leave the watch I don't wear with the crown unscrewed, and give them a few twists when I visit the shelf where the are...

Well, you are just demonstrating a really nice level of similarity to a rectum.

I don't know in what world you live, but in mine, I don't buy any item worth >1K without seeing it. And if I got to any random high street shop and propose to buy a 1K item, I expect to be treated as a valued customer. Heck on that same day I tried the Hamilton, I bought a 1K jacket strangely enough, and I can promise you they jumped thru hoops to make me happy about it. Oh and I got to try it /before/ buying it. Hint: It was not a Rolex Jacket.

And, as far as the 'lower tier' is, it's the 'lower tier' that still have some neurons, instead of the 'middle tier' who think buying a Rolex will make their man sausage a bit bigger -- especially the kind who will eat pasta everyday while wearing it.

I'm sensing some underlying issues, so I'll tread carefully with you.

I agreed that I'd not be using the dealer that will only bring it in if you buy it. It's common sense - if a dealer doesn't meet your expectations, then look elsewhere.

As for the neurons bit...well, why bother responding to someone who's clearly got such a chip on their shoulder.

The GOOD thing now, is that you can go from gutted to delighted in about 10 seconds after you start winding :-)

I don't use a winder here, but I tend to leave the watch I don't wear with the crown unscrewed, and give them a few twists when I visit the shelf where the are...

She's alive!!!!!!

Thanks MV and others, was about to launch it out the window, will wear it fully time now to test ..

Mart

After seeing a few of these in here I thought it was time to get my first automatic:

sl6RLtU.jpg

3jRLU8G.jpg

ZMZOaEV.jpg

bkV9HXo.jpg

oCO5WvR.jpg

Seiko SARB065 (Cocktail time).

I've got a burgundy hirsch coming shortly to go on it so will get some better photos then :)

For reference it actually looks silver in most lights, just has hints of blue popping as the lights catch it.

I ordered a new strap for it and finally fitted it yesterday; though I like the patent black with blue stitching that it comes with and it looks amazing with a suit, I wanted something less, well, shiny, to dress it down a little.

Burgundy Hirsch Duke with the Seiko deployment clasp swapped over:

fUuZP5c.jpg.png

nl16mdi.jpg

eOIEmIA.jpg

3pYm47Y.jpg

mRXP7b6.jpg

c615s0P.jpg

0WfjtcC.jpg

As a side note, a few weeks in and still absolutely loving the watch. Definitely want more watches now....

Last edited:
My 30th is coming up and I would like a new watch for it. My wife is chiming on that she can't afford to buy me what I would like (makes cakes, but I'm primary breadwinner) and doesn't want me to pay for it (I don't really care, still means the same to me) but my problem is choice.
I really don't know what to get, or what I want. It's a tough one.

She got me the longines master when we first moved over here, so I suppose that's kind of dressy, or that style.
I had a seamaster, but sold it as I didn't like the strap and the blue bezel wasn't my fav. Others I have are a Tudor Prince Oysterdate, which I have on today in fact. My 2 Zeno Pilot 47mm on bracelets, vintage longines manual, old Zenith I don't wear (70s style, square like) and a couple of G shocks.

My head says I need a diver... and I'd love a Sea-Dweller, but is it a bit normal? I would also love a 1950 Pam352 or maybe a 127.
(http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Panerai/Luminor 1950/PAM00352/22531/item/53840)

The Zenith Pilot special is a cheaper option (http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Zenith/Pilot/03.2430.3000/21.C738/27395/item/52473) and I like Pilots a lot and love the look, but I kinda feel it's not going to hit the mark.

A JLC chrono is really nice, something away from the norm I suppose too... http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Zenith/Pilot/03.2430.3000/21.C738/27395/item/52473

I like the IWC Portugese but again, think it's a bit too much like the Longines. Well, not but similar wearage.

:/

casio1.jpg

Rocking this bad-boy beater for dress down friday :D

I ordered a new strap for it and finally fitted it yesterday; though I like the patent black with blue stitching that it comes with and it looks amazing with a suit, I wanted something less, well, shiny, to dress it down a little.

Burgundy Hirsch Duke with the Seiko deployment clasp swapped over:

Looks great with that strap.

My 30th is coming up and I would like a new watch for it. My wife is chiming on that she can't afford to buy me what I would like (makes cakes, but I'm primary breadwinner) and doesn't want me to pay for it (I don't really care, still means the same to me) but my problem is choice.
I really don't know what to get, or what I want. It's a tough one.

She got me the longines master when we first moved over here, so I suppose that's kind of dressy, or that style.
I had a seamaster, but sold it as I didn't like the strap and the blue bezel wasn't my fav. Others I have are a Tudor Prince Oysterdate, which I have on today in fact. My 2 Zeno Pilot 47mm on bracelets, vintage longines manual, old Zenith I don't wear (70s style, square like) and a couple of G shocks.

My head says I need a diver... and I'd love a Sea-Dweller, but is it a bit normal? I would also love a 1950 Pam352 or maybe a 127.
(http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Panerai/Luminor 1950/PAM00352/22531/item/53840)

The Zenith Pilot special is a cheaper option (http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Zenith/Pilot/03.2430.3000/21.C738/27395/item/52473) and I like Pilots a lot and love the look, but I kinda feel it's not going to hit the mark.

A JLC chrono is really nice, something away from the norm I suppose too... http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Zenith/Pilot/03.2430.3000/21.C738/27395/item/52473

I like the IWC Portugese but again, think it's a bit too much like the Longines. Well, not but similar wearage.

:/

The Sea-Dweller pre-ceramic is not a common piece, and makes a lovely change from the Submariner. Common folk go for the Sub (e.g. yours truly) but the Sea-Dweller is just so much more classy without that cyclops. A no date Sub might also tick the box?

I just couldn't carry it off as it's a taller piece compared to the Sub, but it's a refreshing change to the usual.

I'd definitely steer clear of the Deep Sea as that bulked-up too much with the thicker lugs and crown guard. But you may like that more butch look.

Back
Top Bottom