What watch do you wear?

Picked up my UNREPAIRED Moto360 from the post office on saturday... and surprise surprise, it's more broken than when I sent it to them. :mad:

Gaaah!

I now have dark grey lines across the screen whenever the background is bright white and there's text or a logo on top of it.

All it was sent for was a cracked back replacement under warranty. They then claimed that a unauthorised repair had been attempted and as such the warranty was void. Even wanted me to pay to get it back...

Thats pretty mean. Did you take high res pics before sending it over? I would definitely do that...

To reply to whomever that was on the previous page who was SO righteous about not buying replicas because blah blah blah.
Saturday I went to buy that Hamilton Maestro OR the Lord Hamilton -- as long as I could try them; the rather major shop didn't have the LH, so I was told they would bring it in -- on the other hand, I told them that I would buy either of these watch from them once I tried them on.

Today I got a call telling me they can't bring in the LH unless it's a guaranteed sale.

'doh'

You're dealing with lower tier watches, so you won't get the same service as you would from the likes of Rolex, Omega, JLC etc.

Try asking elsewhere, or up your game and don't buy modified generic movement rubbish?

The last time I was at the Rolex dealer I was welcome to try on any watch and offered coffee.

Exactly. This bloke looking at Hamilton watches is expecting to be treated the same as if he was buying something five times the price from a far more famous manufacturer.

I'm not saying it's right that they give different levels of service, it's just he's possibly expecting too much.

I'd just say yes I will buy it if you get it in, then go in and try it on and not buy it if I didn't like it. Screw them and their pony tactics.

Exactly. This bloke looking at Hamilton watches is expecting to be treated the same as if he was buying something five times the price from a far more famous manufacturer.

I'm not saying it's right that they give different levels of service, it's just he's possibly expecting too much.

Well, you are just demonstrating a really nice level of similarity to a rectum.

I don't know in what world you live, but in mine, I don't buy any item worth >1K without seeing it. And if I got to any random high street shop and propose to buy a 1K item, I expect to be treated as a valued customer. Heck on that same day I tried the Hamilton, I bought a 1K jacket strangely enough, and I can promise you they jumped thru hoops to make me happy about it. Oh and I got to try it /before/ buying it. Hint: It was not a Rolex Jacket.

And, as far as the 'lower tier' is, it's the 'lower tier' that still have some neurons, instead of the 'middle tier' who think buying a Rolex will make their man sausage a bit bigger -- especially the kind who will eat pasta everyday while wearing it.

And, as far as the 'lower tier' is, it's the 'lower tier' that still have some neurons, instead of the 'middle tier' who think buying a Rolex will make their man sausage a bit bigger -- especially the kind who will eat pasta everyday while wearing it.

Not really a valid argument - you could just as validly argue that a £100 Seiko is a better purchase than "wasting" £1000 on a Hamilton.

No happy :(

Ordered and received my Seiko monster from creation last week and it's not stopped working, not even put it on yet, they are telling me to take it to a shop to get it repaired, offering me $15 as a gesture or send it back to them for repair?

Gutted....

Im sure you have checked this, but did you wind it? Its an automatic, right? They only self-wind when they are being worn.
If it has sat for a few days, it might have run out of reserve, so needs a manual wind to get going again..

Last edited:
Im sure you have checked this, but did you wind it? Its an automatic, right? They only self-wind when they are being worn.
If it has sat for a few days, it might have run out of reserve, so needs a manual wind to get going again..

OMG - I have a Seiko kinetic not touched it in years, this is my first auto :(

I feel a bit silly now, will check as soon as I get home

Thanks for that MV

EDIT: Model is SRP309J do I just unscrew and wind for 30 seconds?

Last edited:
sent my Breitling off for a service....I knew it had a couple of niggles with it as it wasn't holding time as well as it used to and wouldn't run for long if I wasn't wearing it (even in a winder). Needs an overhaul, £385 at Breitling, expensive but worth it as I still love the watch.

Back
Top Bottom