What watch do you wear?

Im thinking of buying one of these

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/Planet Ocean/2209.50.00/3265/item/54213

It is Omega Planet Ocean, what i want to know is how well they hold their value? I would like to think i can buy this, enjoy and then sell without loosing too much money?

Should i be looking at a similar model that will better hold its value?

Thanks

Sam

I think they hold their values very well -- I paid mine (heavily discounted, new) 2880 on iconicwatches, and the 9 years old you point out is 2500 -- that seems to match what I was looking at when I pondered wether to buy new or second hand -- the second hand price are quite high!
And thats why I bought a new one in the end...

Went to see the Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro this afternoon.. Unfortunately they didn't have the Lord Hamilton in stock, as I'm hesitating between the two...
Wacha all think, internet?
IMG_20151003_152628.jpg

I think they hold their values very well -- I paid mine (heavily discounted, new) 2880 on iconicwatches, and the 9 years old you point out is 2500 -- that seems to match what I was looking at when I pondered wether to buy new or second hand -- the second hand price are quite high!
And thats why I bought a new one in the end...

If you buy smart then you're OK usually. Paying retail prices is where people come unstuck.

Im thinking of buying one of these

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/Planet Ocean/2209.50.00/3265/item/54213

It is Omega Planet Ocean, what i want to know is how well they hold their value? I would like to think i can buy this, enjoy and then sell without loosing too much money?

Should i be looking at a similar model that will better hold its value?

The PO 2500 will hold it values and some already consider it a classic. Most prefer the 2500 over the newer 8500 due to its thickness.

But in terms of holding its value, when it comes to selling you're always going to take a hit. I sold my PO 2500 to watchfinder, they gave me £1300 and they put it on their site for £2500.

Got it! So excited at the moment. My workhorse Pulsar is next to it for comparison, which I got for my 18th and has been all over the planet, bumped, scratched, dropped and so much else- I plan to take slightly better care of the Omega :eek:

aOUJTkWh.jpg

fqt64fih.jpg

Got it from a high street chain as I can get quite a massive discount, which was an interesting experience. My first visit to check it out the store was busy and the lady who helped me seemed not to know a thing about watches and when I mentioned I was getting it on discount you could see her face asking the question: does this mean I get less commission?

The second time today picking it up after reserving was very different, when they saw it was for an Omega the counter lady was quickly replaced with the store manager, who I had a long chat with about the history of the Speedmaster. Still managed to school him when he suggested that the glass was sapphire rather than hesalite. :D

Yeah, I had to move insurance to cover my named items too a while back. I am at the moment uninsured for flood (and the river is at the end of my garden :eek:)

Indeed as I'm within 400m of water I'm classed as high risk and most places simply won't insure me. Except that water is called the Thames and if the barrier broke and the capital flooded it'd probably put all the insurers out of business!

Last edited:
Has anyone ever used http://www.intime.co.uk/ or http://www.wristfixer.co.uk/ for watch repairs?

As per earlier in this thread I have a missing crown on my vintage Omega and am struggling to find a replacement even with the proper part number. I wondered if one of these outfits would have a better chance of getting hold of a replacement.

Was recommended on a watch forum so I've just sent my vintage Longines here:

https://www.prestigetimeservices.co.uk/

They do have a backlog so it'll be a while before I can report on their service.

Staff only? Any chance of buying another one for me? ;)
Yeah it was a limited time deal, not staff only but not available to the general public.

Lovely Speedmaster! :) How much discount did you get?
50% :D

Love the history behind this specific model. Comes with a booklet boasting all the times in the space programme Nasa and the Russians used Speedmasters, and the times it's saved their asses!

To reply to whomever that was on the previous page who was SO righteous about not buying replicas because blah blah blah.
Saturday I went to buy that Hamilton Maestro OR the Lord Hamilton -- as long as I could try them; the rather major shop didn't have the LH, so I was told they would bring it in -- on the other hand, I told them that I would buy either of these watch from them once I tried them on.

Today I got a call telling me they can't bring in the LH unless it's a guaranteed sale.

'doh'

Picked up my UNREPAIRED Moto360 from the post office on saturday... and surprise surprise, it's more broken than when I sent it to them. :mad:

Gaaah!

I now have dark grey lines across the screen whenever the background is bright white and there's text or a logo on top of it.

All it was sent for was a cracked back replacement under warranty. They then claimed that a unauthorised repair had been attempted and as such the warranty was void. Even wanted me to pay to get it back...

Enjoy the speedmaster - I've decided to make mine my daily as I like having it on so much... has already picked up a few marks but ill get it serviced regularly and I will never sell it as it was an engagement present.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom