• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
Strange, the game is running flawlessy for me, better since doing a fresh install of windows 10 too, I use to get drops to 43FPS in a few areas, now it is locked to 60.

Caporegime
Runs the same for me after the latest patch, but i always play it on a single card now, as its always been a bit stuttery in Xfire for me on any drivers, runs superb on a single card, smooth as.

Im on Win 7 btw.

Caporegime
OP
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12

Highlights of AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12

4KVBy2M.png

Hello everyone,

This is the WHQL version of Crimson 15.11.1 Beta. It contains two new resolved issues mentioned at the top of the Resolved Issues section of the release notes.

Click here to download the driver.

Resolved Issues:
Radeon Settings driver update check is not available for minor driver versions
System has higher idle power usage on Windows® 7 when running with Radeon Settings
Star Wars™: Battlefront - Snow flickers in a few locations in the game
Star Wars™: Battlefront - Sky rendering may be broken in some game locations
Fallout 4 - The compass may flicker during gameplay on AMD Radeon R9 390 series products. We continue to investigate the issue with AMD Radeon R9 290 and AMD Radeon R9 295X2 series products
Star Wars™: Battlefront - Shadowy textures are visible around hills/structures/caves
Just Cause 3 - Texture corruption may be experienced during gameplay
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Poor AMD Crossfire™ performance may be experienced
The driver installation may fail while installing the ACP component
The font size in Chinese language installations may be too small
The label range values in some AMD Freesync™ installations may be incorrect
The Radeon Settings dropbox does not close when it is clicked on a second time
The AMD Overdrive™ fan settings is always set to ON after first edit on reboot
Language shows up as Chinese Simplified when Chinese Traditional is selected in Windows® 7
Radeon Settings crashes on the Display tab when cloning a display via HDMI on some notebooks
Overdrive™ fan speed is reset to Manual on exiting from a 3D game or application
Radeon Settings does not get upgraded in some install scenarios
AMD Overdrive™ cannot revert to default settings in some situations

Known Issues:
Dirt Rally - A crash may be experienced starting a new race with AMD Crossfire™ and AMD Freesync™ enabled
PowerDVD - 3D playback may fail on some configurations using an HDMI 2.0 dongle
Starcraft 2: Flickering may be observed in the 'Episode 3' campaign
Fable Legends: The DirectX® 12 benchmark may fail to launch on some configurations
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Flickering or poor performance may be experienced when running in AMD Crossfire™ mode
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - A crash may be experienced when setting game to Ultra-High graphics mode
Flickering may be observed on some Freesync monitors while playing Wolfenstein - The New Order and Battlefield™:
Hardline with Vsync disabled
A system restart may be experience when waking the system from sleep mode on some systems with Intel processors
Unable to create 4x1 or 2.1 portrait mode SLS with 4K displays
Star Wars™: Battlefront - texture corruption may be experienced if the game "Field of View" setting is > 100
Call of Duty Online - the game may crash if the Printscreen key is pressed on a 4K monitor
Launching a game from the Game Manager may launch on a single display after enabling and disabling AMD Crossfire™ in a 3x1 AMD Eyefinity™ setup
A crash may be experienced if an HDMI™ display is a cloned display device on an HP Envy 15 notebook
Unable to change resolution if a wireless display is the only connected display
Marginally increased power consumption may be observed during video playback
Flickering may be experienced on some monitors when AMD Freesync™ is enabled
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Building textures may be missing on some AMD Freesync™ displays with Vsync enabled
Ark Survival Evolved - Poor performance may be experienced when running in AMD Crossfire™ mode
Star Wars™ : Battlefront - Some flickering may be experienced in shaded areas of the screen while game levels are loading
Star Wars™ : Battlefront - Some users may experience minor flickering or corruption at different game location or while viewing the in-game cinematics

AMD Issue Reporting Form:
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Mmm might just wait till next release.. The known issues with freesync is little worrying..
Was this in 15.11.1 Crimson? If so I'll install these not had any flicker.

Thanks Matt.

Not experienced any FreeSync flickering on my system Shanks. I'm not overly familiar with the issue, but i think it relates to one specific display only.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Not experienced any FreeSync flickering on my system Shanks. I'm not overly familiar with the issue, but i think it relates to one specific display only.

I get quite extreme freesync flickering on WoW on the Samsung 24" 4k freesync monitor (UD24590D or something?). Flicking v-sync on/off or any other setting that reloads fixes it, and fortunately I don't really play WoW so I don't care.

The bouncing clocks issue interests me more though. I have an R9-295X and a R9-290 tri-fire setup with an i7-5820k @ 4.25Ghz, and my clocks are all over the place if I have frame pacing enabled. Performance tanks well below expectations. No temperature or power issues, and if I disable frame pacing the clocks sit happilly where they should. Is that the issue being investigated?

Thanks

Soldato
crossfire working with Star Wars Battlefront now? you know, like it was in the BETA :mad:

Does that list of known bugs ever get shorter lmao. Lets fix a few things from the previous Crimson version and leave all the important stuff how it is, broken.

Just tried Star Citizen, crossfire not working as to be expected, not the reason for this point. Disabled crossfire and took a look at the core clocks to my horror, was getting around 30fps (90fps away from my fps cap) and my core clocks were bouncing around all over the place. Only after about 5 minutues play time did they get up to 1100mhz. Why am I sitting at 600mhz and lower on my core when I'm playing a game and only hitting 30fps lmao.

23521303160_61c833ec68_b.jpg

PS4 is looking more and more attractive, just getting so fed up with all this now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't get past splash screen with either of the 2 previous version of crimson so will try these tomorrow.

Although it's not on the resolved or even known issues list :s

Back
Top Bottom